Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Sweet Duffy 2011

Oh my!! that transparent mug is extremely cute!! but is made of glass?

ARE the bowls made of plastic?

All the things are so cute , what is funny is that I actually dislike drinking cofee a lot , LOL

Does it says the size of the cans?

• Adventures with Duffy

Such cute items. I too love the purple although if it had been brown I would be happy too.

I need a bit of help. Does anyone know the size of the tote?

And is the lap blanket, the item between the tote and the stickers? Any idea what size it is?(ballpark is fine)

• Surfin the net with Duffy

the blanket is 31 x 23 inches, so it is truly a "lap blanket"

And yes the cup and bowls are glass.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks Travis. It could be a lap blanket or a Duffy, keep his warm as he is outside in the winter warm. lol

Since it is small, I wish the price tag was a bit smaller. Its only a few dollars less then a costume.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Thanks Travis. It could be a lap blanket or a Duffy, keep his warm as he is outside in the winter warm. lol

Since it is small, I wish the price tag was a bit smaller. Its only a few dollars less then a costume.
    I agree! For that price I want to be able to be under the covers with him.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    I agree! For that price I want to be able to be under the covers with him.
    I agree. Im guessing that that size must be useful in the parks. I like how it can be put into the Duffy head for storage and something you can toss in your bag as you go out the door.

I look at all these cute items. How do guest begin to choose? Im guessing their wallet tells them what they can buy. lol

• Banned User

Ok excuse my ignorance, but I'm very confused! Is there a difference between the Cafe Plush Strap and the Cafe Plush Badge? Looking at the sight they look exactly the same! Am I missing something? So there is no wristlet coin purse duffy?
    Thanks!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

The badges are just a bit bigger and rounder than the straps. The badges have a pin on the back to attach as a badge or a loop at the top to attach with a ball chain. The straps have the thin cord to attach to a mobile phone. Of course, both can be adapted for either type of attachment with minimal effort. The badges often have more full-size accurate detail. For example, if you look closely at the pinstripes on Duffy's pants, they're much more "realistic" scale on the badge; the strap's stripes are too few and too wide. Also, it looks like the badge has shiny gold buttons on Duffy's shirt, while the strap has plastic tan-colored buttons. Again, something you could change yourself if you really wanted to. It really depends on if you want a slightly bigger, fuller one or a smaller, slimmer one. If you plan to pin it onto something, though, the badge is definitely worth the extra ¥200 cos it's actually designed to structurally handle that.

• Munchings & Crunchings

OK, DuffyDaisuki, you've been waiting for my reaction...

Wow! I seriously did a little jump and twirl (so gay, yeah) when I saw that the tote bag was purple!!! I was not expecting that at all. Sure, my wish was that it would be, but since I saw no purple in the early pictures, I lost hope. This is so wonderful! My absolute favorite color combined with my absolute favorite bears! I can't wait to use this! My friends are going to take one look at it, and say "of course, that bag is "you" for sure". I'm known for my love of purple...

Everything else is very cute too, and they've outdone themselves again. I even like the glass bowls and mugs. The blanket is cute too. And...I'm happy I don't have to buy 6 costumes. I like that they are re-releasing the Heartful Sailor for those that missed out. I don't need it though, because it looks so much like the first ones. But...this year they have the Shellie May plush badge, which they didn't last year.

Oh, and the new storybook, yay! I have to own that, even if it's not your story, DuffyDaisuki. I want the pictures...and to see if they fleshed out Shellie's story any more.

This is great, I'm very happy!!! Did I use enough exclamation points?

• Munchings & Crunchings

OMG, I just had another jumpy moment! I don't know why I didn't look at the dessert mug & plate sets before, but I just did right now. The Duffy mug & plate are PURPLE! I am very happy about that too! I swear from the Disney Fan pictures, I thought it was blue...so weird. And...he has his bow tie! So cute...

I am so excited for the Sweet Duffy goods! I love the Cafe costumes for Duffy and ShellieMay...they're adorable. The lap blanket is cute as well, although I agree that it is a bit small.

I also love the tote...please forgive me for being out of the loop but what are its dimensions? Could Duffy fit?

• Munchings & Crunchings

The tote bag is small. It's too small for Duffy to fit inside. It's about 21x36x18 cm. Which is roughly 8x14x7 inches. It's the size of a small handbag. However, they do have a larger "regular" blue one that can and does fit a Duffy plush. It's here

?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

At the bottom of the page, and it's 1,000 Yen more than the smaller one. It's the same design concept though, just...bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    The tote bag is small. It's too small for Duffy to fit inside. It's about 21x36x18 cm. Which is roughly 8x14x7 inches. It's the size of a small handbag. However, they do have a larger "regular" blue one that can and does fit a Duffy plush. It's here

?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

At the bottom of the page, and it's 1,000 Yen more than the smaller one. It's the same design concept though, just...bigger.
    Thank you so much, Gurgi!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Exclamation Re: Sweet Duffy 2011

I our community!!! Growing by the day!

Here's my English localization of the 2011 Sweet Duffy story from the official site (psst...it's the first button on the left after you follow the link!^^)

I know this is not my usual GIMPed out and beautiful style, but it's half past three in the morning, I've had a looong day and an even longer one tomorrow and I wanna be sure you guys get this ASAP. Hopefully I'll have time to make it "pertty" this weekend (but I make no promises!^^).

*As always, translation is more an art than a science and this is localized with DuffyDaisuki flavor, but the vibe is trustworthy:

It's that time of year again. The romantic season of the heart has arrived in Cape Cod.
    Official: The sweetest season of all has come to Cape Cod again this year.

Minnie’s making chocolates. Duffy shows Shellie May how it's done.
    Official: One day, Minnie was making chocolates. Duffy and ShellieMay tried their best to help.

"These are for you, Mickey!" Mickey looks so happy. Duffy and Shellie May are happy, too!
    Official: This is for you, Mickey, said Minnie. Mickey looked very happy. And that made Duffy and ShellieMay happy, too. (sic)

Loving happiness and joy are good for everyone. Let's all share sweets and fall in love!
    Wouldn't you like Duffy and Shellie May to bring love and joy to you, too?
    Official: Duffy wanted all their friends to share in the delicious and happy time. And ShellieMay was happy to share with Duffy.

I'm really excited that this story doesn't really have anything to do with Shellie's origin, so my version still stands. I want more Shellie May, but honestly, after a year of believing in that story, it will be hard for me to accept anything else at this point. The cover, though, makes me think that the longer version in the storybook may still go there...

Anyway, enjoy! I have to sleep!!!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-29-2011 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Updated with official translation. I actually like mine better, and its closer to the original Japanese.

Thank you so much for translating, DuffyDaisuki! I love the illustrations, so cute

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast