Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Duffy (the Disney Bear) FAQs

I LOVE Duffy! I have been wanting him since I saw him in December at the park; was getting on a tram & 2 people had one. Will hopefully go get him at DCA this week or next. Are there 2 different shades of brown that Duffy comes in at DCA? In some pics, he looks more golden-brown; in some, he looks more light chocolaty brown. I was wondering if this is just due to different lighting in different photos. Thanks!
    Last edited by Duffy Lover; 01-13-2011 at 02:01 AM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Lover View Post
    I LOVE Duffy!
    I your screen name!^^

Are there 2 different shades of brown that Duffy comes in at DCA? In some pics, he looks more golden-brown; in some, he looks more light chocolaty brown. I was wondering if this is just due to different lighting in different photos. Thanks!
    I guess this is probably just lighting. There was a darker tan Disney Bear available years ago, but I don't think you'll find him in circulation now. All non-Disney Bear Duffys are the same color, except for the limited ones DisneySEA makes as the "Year Bears."

• Munchings & Crunchings

And I finally saw a picture of one of those "year bears" sitting next to a regular sized Duffy and I was shocked at how small it actually was. It's about the size of the plush straps...but costs SO much more!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh yes, and I'm sorry, Duffy Lover, welcome to Micechat! It's great to be meeting new Duffy fans. I hope this new forum brings more people in.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Oh yes, and I'm sorry, Duffy Lover, welcome to Micechat! It's great to be meeting new Duffy fans. I hope this new forum brings more people in.
    And hopefully TDA is seeing this! They should know that his fanbase is growing!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I your screen name!^^

I guess this is probably just lighting. There was a darker tan Disney Bear available years ago, but I don't think you'll find him in circulation now. All non-Disney Bear Duffys are the same color, except for the limited ones DisneySEA makes as the "Year Bears."
    Thanks so much! I kind of wondered if different lighting was the case.

Just want to say how much I appreciate all your info on Duffy on this forum; you are SO informative & I am learning SO much about Duffy!! I have become OBSESSED with Duffy to the point that I've diagnosed myself with ODD--Obsessive Duffy Disorder!! LOL! I have even gotten a friend in Canada obsessed with him as well. She ordered one yesterday & can't wait to get him! I can't wait to get mine...will have to make a special trip to DCA in the next week to get one. He is SOOOO cute! Thanks again for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Thanks so much for the welcome! I look forward to hanging out here & learning more about Duffy!! ! He is such a happy little guy that every time I see him, he totally makes me smile! SQUEEEEEEEE!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I have become OBSESSED with Duffy to the point that I've diagnosed myself with ODD--Obsessive Duffy Disorder!!

• Banned User

Wow, I actually really like the official story of Shellie May! Yes, I love yours too DuffyDaisuki, but it's almost as if they read your story and just shortened it. Short and simple! I love it!

• Banned User

Oh wait......so I've been saying Shellie May's name WRONG?!?!?!
    LMAO This whole time I pronounced it Shellie(like Sheila except e in the end), but it's actually Shell(Like seashell)ie May?!?!? WOW I woulda never thunk! Then again, I pronounce pretty much every word in the English Language wrong, I like how I say it better! Hehe

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for updating the official Shellie May story, DuffyDaisuki! Honestly, I like yours much better. They kinda got some of yours, but it's so light. Also, the elements I didn't like from her "micro-story" are still there. Minnie somehow brings her to life? Duffy is lonely, even though he's been on adventures with Mickey the whole time? I guess Mickey isn't much company, LOL! Oh, and at least the story gives some purpose to Tippy Blue the seagull. He's the postman, that's cute.

• ~*Princess*~

I know this is essentially the best place to find pictures of all the outfits, but is there another place? Because it seems they only include the limited outfits and not outfits always available :3 It'd just be nice to see those too~
    Last edited by Wondering; 04-12-2011 at 08:31 AM.

does anybody know if the american girl outfits would fit duffy not that I want to put girl clothes on him, but I have a sailor outfit from one of my dolls and was wondering when I get a shelliemay if it would fit her?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    does anybody know if the american girl outfits would fit duffy not that I want to put girl clothes on him, but I have a sailor outfit from one of my dolls and was wondering when I get a shelliemay if it would fit her?
    I think they're similar sizes, but suspect the shape and proportions are pretty different. Worth a try, I guess!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 04-20-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Is there any clothing patterns to sew shirts and pants in the size for duffy because I want to make a star trek outfit for my duffy but find it hard to do without a shirt and pants pattern,? i can draw but am not that great at costume design

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast