Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Duffy (the Disney Bear) FAQs

I've noticed one of the most popular questions on the DuffyPost thread is how much things cost and what items are available all year.

So.... this should help everyone find the answers they need in one place:

How much does a 17" Shellie May cost? What does she come with?
    She costs 3800. She comes with a bow attached to her head.

How much does her shell pendant necklace cost? Her "default" outfit (skirt & panties)?
    The shell pendant costs 600. Her "default" outfit costs 1200.

What Duffy & Shellie May costumes are available year-round? How much do they cost?
    Besides Shellie May's "default" outfit, the following Duffy costumes are available year-round:

Travel set (consisting of a straw hat, a suitcase, a camera, and the plastic bottle containing Minnie's message to Mickey)

Duffy T-Shirt set (consisting of a t-shirt with Duffy's face, short, shoes, a hat, and a tote bag)

Suspender set (consisting of suspenders, hat, and a tote bag)

All 3 sets cost 2800 each.

What other Duffy/Shellie May items (not costumes) are available year-round?
    Visit ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ????????? to see what Duffy and Shellie May items are available year-round and their prices.

• North American Duffeteer

I've decided to add a post about where to meet Duffy:

Up until the opening of the Cape Cod Village Greeting Place, Duffy's meet 'n greet spots varied throughout Tokyo DisneySea. His first greeting spot was on Cape Cod's docks, with the Hurricane Point lighthouse in the background, and is also the location of his photo spot. His second greeting spot was inside the gazebo, across from the attraction Big Band Beat and the Tower of Terror, complete with his luggage. He can now be found greeting his friends inside the Cape Cod Village Greeting Place

In Disney California Adventure at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Duffy's greeting spot can be found near the entrance to Treasures in Paradise in Paradise Pier.

In EPCOT at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Duffy can be found right across Disney Traders (Plaza Towers East) (recognized by the Duffy decorations all over the store, outside and inside) and near the entrance to World Showcase.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• North American Duffeteer

Here is another post for ShellieMay's meet 'n greet location:

To meet ShellieMay, she can be found right across the Cape Cod Village Greeting Place.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Talking Re: Duffy (the Disney Bear) FAQs

I really like Duffy.
    I want to get one but I know exactly what my parents would say aren't you too young to play with a bear.
    They are too expensive but very cute.
    Last time I went there I saw Duffy in the store on paradise pier and I was walking with my friend thinking to myself I want one of those.
    Anyway now I know the price I think I will just visit him when I am there.

I'm in my late 30's and I take my Duffy & Shellie May everywhere with me (well, not out shopping usually, but I have brought them to work a few times.... my coworkers adore them). But fun places like baseball games, Busch Gardens... anywhere that could be a fun adventure. And they always get attention in a good way. I get a lot of "Oh they're so cute!!" when people see them peeking out of my tote bag. A lot of people ask me if they're from Build A Bear, but I always set them straight.

• Minion

I'll admit it, looking at the "share your Duffy photos" thread has turned me into a closet Duffy fan. Lo and behold, I was at Goodwill the other day and happened to come across a Disney Bear from back in the day, sitting off all by himself. One of those "My First Disney Bear" types with the Mickey pajamas and a bib. Well, he was just so darn cute that I decided to give the poor little abandoned guy a new home. The "adoption fee" was a mere 99 cents. He's so cuddly and squishy and adorable! He's a 12" bear and not a 17" however, which I like the fact that he's smaller and easier to carry around, but it also creates a problem when it comes to clothes. I know he's too small for pretty much everything at Build A Bear. Anyone know where I can get clothes (besides online) for a 12" bear?

Some Build A Bear clothes fit the smaller Duffys just fine. Maybe take him with you to your local store and see what might work?

• Minion

Yeah, I'll probably end up going to BaB anyway to see what they have. Funny thing, I was at PetsMart this evening and happened to pass the dog shirts, and saw a cute extra small PacMan shirt and thought, "Hmm...that might fit." So I got it for $2.97. More than what I paid for the bear, LOL. I tried it on him and it's a bit of a tight squeeze, but I think it's pretty cute! I'm thinking I might be looking at more PetsMart dog shirts in the future.

Here's a picture of him in his original clothes:

And here he is in his new PacMan shirt:

• Become part of MY world!

I know I will get some heat for this, but that bear can go for about $50 and some for over $100, pre duffy my first disney bear | eBay on ebay. Just a suggestion, but you could sell the bear on ebay and use the money to get a new Duffy and some outfits?

btw, he looks so cute in that shirt!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Minion

Well he does have some nose damage so I'm not sure many ebayers would be interested in him for that fact alone. Even though otherwise he's in perfect condition. But yeah, I've grown pretty attached to him these past few days and I'm not sure I'd want to part with him even if he was mint with tags. I even kind of like his beat up nose, it gives him character.

Oh, and thanks for the shirt complement. He's very proud of that shirt, he thinks it makes him look much cooler than the baby jammies. (although those are cute too!)

• Future Cast Member

Are Duffy's used like Vinylmation, to pose for photographs? Are they like build-a-bears where you keep getting different outfits, or does Disney not bring out new outfits and you just try to buy all the few outfits Disneydid release when they first brought Duffy to the states. Or do you have to buy each bear separately with the outfits already on them, and are the outfits not removable? Are there different Duffy's (like the actual teddy bear part), or are they the same bear and you just put different outfits on them?

Can you answer all the questions I asked about Duffy in regards to her, too, like are all there different girl duffy's?

---------- Post added 08-11-2011 at 02:25 PM ----------

Also, what are the US Duffy pricings for things like bears or outfits?

---------- Post added 08-11-2011 at 04:01 PM ----------

Also, is there anywhere to order Duffy stuff online?

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Are Duffy's used like Vinylmation, to pose for photographs? Are they like build-a-bears where you keep getting different outfits, or does Disney not bring out new outfits and you just try to buy all the few outfits Disneydid release when they first brought Duffy to the states. Or do you have to buy each bear separately with the outfits already on them, and are the outfits not removable? Are there different Duffy's (like the actual teddy bear part), or are they the same bear and you just put different outfits on them?
    Duffy is both. You take him on adventures with you and pose/take photos of him while he's on his adventures (see the "Share Your Duffy Photos" thread for lots of examples).

The outfits for Duffy in the US are kind of limited as at least right now, the only options are the sailor suit, then costumes that coordinate with the different countries at EPCOT: China, Mexico, Germany, France, UK & Canada. There have been a few other costume releases too like a pirate costume and a Lightning McQueen pit crew costume. We've been teased with a few potential upcoming costumes (Mouseketeer, Pilot/Aviator & Epcot Food & Wine chef). Hopefully these will become reality.

Most of my Duffy's clothes come from Build A Bear as the clothes there fit him perfect and they have lots of "everyday" clothing options you can mix & match.

There are 2 main sizes of Duffy. The 17" bear comes naked is the one the costumes/clothes fit. Then there are 12" Duffys that are pre-dressed for various holidays (so far we have had Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter & Independence Day, 2011 & WDW 40th Anniversary). They all come in the same color... tan.

Can you answer all the questions I asked about Duffy in regards to her, too, like are all there different girl duffy's?
    Duffy is a BOY. His companion, Shellie May, is a girl. However, Shellie May is only available at Tokyo DisneySea. She came out in 2010. Duffy originally came out in 2002 or 2003 at WDW and was called just Disney Bear. He came in lots of different colors back then. But he didn't do well and so he was sent over to Tokyo DisneySea in 2004, had a new backstory made up as well as a proper name (Duffy) and he took off like gangbusters! He's just as popular or even MORE popular than Mickey Mouse over there. The US parks saw what a money maker Duffy was in Tokyo, and brought him back to the States to see if they could replicate the success.

Also, what are the US Duffy pricings for things like bears or outfits?
    Both the 17" and 12" Duffys cost $30. Official Disney costumes are $15-$18. If you want clothes/costumes from Build A Bear, items run between $4 (t-shirts) to $16 (complete outfits/costumes).

Also, is there anywhere to order Duffy stuff online?
    Duffy is not available for order online. You can however order Duffy stuff from Disney Parks mail order service by calling 877-560-6477 (between 9am & 5:30pm Eastern Time) or email [email protected] (might take a day or 2 for them to respond).

Hope this helps!

• Future Cast Member

Thanks so much for the info, aimster! I wish he was available online as I haven't been able to visit the park too often, but I'm going to check the shipping costs from the Disneyland number, though I'm going to try to wait until I go to California Adventure so that I can get it in person from the store on the pier and then go take a picture with my new Duffy and the in park character Duffy, and then I'll have him with me to take pictures of all day around the parks.

---------- Post added 08-11-2011 at 05:47 PM ----------

Oh, also, does the US Duffy bear come with posable arms built in? I saw the Duffy's being posed in the Duffy photos thread, but I wasn't sure if someone had did that to their Duffy or if they bought it that way already.

No the arms are not posable. He's just a plain old stuffed teddy bear. The ones you might have seen that are really good posed are from DuffyD. He customized his Duffy and Shellie May by installing wire skeletons and then re-stuffing them so they're posable for photos.

My Duffy... I'm lucky if I can get him to stand up on his own (his shoes usually help a bit though), but for with his arms, they just manage to sometimes hold the pose I want them to be in for a split second so I can snap the photo.

• Future Cast Member

Oh, great, they're more cuddly then!

I was wondering, do you know how the sailor outfit hat attaches to Duffy? In pictures it doesn't look like there's ear elastic or anything, so how does it stay on and get carried around without falling off?

---------- Post added 08-11-2011 at 06:27 PM ----------

Oh, and by the way, I love your avatar!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast