Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Duffy (the Disney Bear) FAQs

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Oh, great, they're more cuddly then!

I was wondering, do you know how the sailor outfit hat attaches to Duffy? In pictures it doesn't look like there's ear elastic or anything, so how does it stay on and get carried around without falling off?

Like the Build a Bear hats for their bears, the sailor hat has ear elastic bands on either side. You put them over Duffys ears. The elastic blends in with the fur so the pictures don't usually show the elastic. Duffys French beret only has one as one side has a hole in the beret for the ear to go through, while the pirate hat does not have elastic as it has ear holes on both sides of the hat.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Like the Build a Bear hats for their bears, the sailor hat has ear elastic bands on either side. You put them over Duffys ears. The elastic blends in with the fur so the pictures don't usually show the elastic. Duffys French beret only has one as one side has a hole in the beret for the ear to go through, while the pirate hat does not have elastic as it has ear holes on both sides of the hat.
    Oh, that's really cool how it blends into the fur! The fur is ind of "puffy" so it would hide the elastic in head-on pictures, too, though, now that I look at pictures again. Do you know if the sailor outfits are back in stock at Disneyland Resort? I heard in a few older posts that they were out of stock.

---------- Post added 08-11-2011 at 06:52 PM ----------

Also, what is that logo and DSTARs thing in your signature? Is that some sort of Duffy club, and could I join?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    Oh, that's really cool how it blends into the fur! The fur is ind of "puffy" so it would hide the elastic in head-on pictures, too, though, now that I look at pictures again. Do you know if the sailor outfits are back in stock at Disneyland Resort? I heard in a few older posts that they were out of stock.

---------- Post added 08-11-2011 at 06:52 PM ----------

Also, what is that logo and DSTARs thing in your signature? Is that some sort of Duffy club, and could I join?
    Yep! The sailor outfits ran out at the beginning of the year in an unexpected sell out of the 17-inch duffys and sailor outfits. They are back in stock since!

Its MCs own Duffy club formed by DuffyDaisuki and any Duffy Fan is more than welcome to join!

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Yep! The sailor outfits ran out at the beginning of the year in an unexpected sell out of the 17-inch duffys and sailor outfits. They are back in stock since!

Its MCs own Duffy club formed by DuffyDaisuki and any Duffy Fan is more than welcome to join!
    That's great! Thank you! I'd love to use the signature of the club, too, promoting this board. I'm sure it could convert more Duffy fans if they discover the board because the enthusiasm here is what got me excited about Duffy.

• North American Duffeteer

Here is another post for the FAQ, this time about Duffy and ShellieMay's photo spots:

Scattered throughout Tokyo DisneySea are the Duffy's Photo Spot. Guests that have a Duffy and/or ShellieMay can place their bears on the folded seats. Then, park guests can have their photos taken with the bears at any of Duffy's photo spots.

Examples of the Duffy's Photo Spot locations:

On Cape Cod's docks, with the Hurricane Point lighthouse in the background.
    One with the S.S. Columbia in the background.
    One hidden in Mediterranean Harbor.

Any additional information for this post will be very helpful.

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ The photo spots are also listed on the park maps for TDS.

• ~*Princess*~

It just hit me recently to ask--are there any full scans of the Duffy Postcard sets?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    It just hit me recently to ask--are there any full scans of the Duffy Postcard sets?
    Probably not. Posting something like that would make the real ones virtually worthless, since quality scans would make them fairly easy to reproduce. That's why I never posted the Shellie May storybook. With the original Duffy storybook, there was a need for the English localization and also my photos were seriously cropped, so it wasn't a threat to the value of the originals. Witn postcards, though, if you have a good visual image, you can basically print them infinitely.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Finally added MikkiMausu99's excellent contributions to the first page of the FAQs.

Oops...I thought it would just add the red line thing to my previous message..sorry for the double-post.

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Probably not. Posting something like that would make the real ones virtually worthless, since quality scans would make them fairly easy to reproduce. That's why I never posted the Shellie May storybook. With the original Duffy storybook, there was a need for the English localization and also my photos were seriously cropped, so it wasn't a threat to the value of the originals. Witn postcards, though, if you have a good visual image, you can basically print them infinitely.
    Not completely true. I've done this for a lot of things and in fact, it made it more wanted/popular--not less.

• North American Duffeteer

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Finally added MikkiMausu99's excellent contributions to the first page of the FAQs.

Oops...I thought it would just add the red line thing to my previous message..sorry for the double-post.
    I was glad to help out.^^

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Munchings & Crunchings

Personally, I would love high-res scans of the Duffy postcards that are no longer available. Since they are long-gone, there is no way they could affect prices. I just wish there were more Duffy "artwork" out there. I love all of the assets that TDS uses for the bears.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I'm posting this LINK to hikaru'S Collection for Wondering, just to show that it's not personal how very strongly I disagree with defending Disney for mass-engineering mediocrity. Hikaru has all of the postcards; she may even have the old ones gurgi's after somewhere...

• ~*Princess*~

I never said it was personal?

Thank you for the link.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    I never said it was personal?

Thank you for the link.
    I never said you did, and you're welcome.^^

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast