• Munchings & Crunchings

Exclamation For those of you wondering about the sizes of the Duffy tote bags...

I took some photos of a few of the Duffy tote bags for you so you could see the size comparison, and how well Duffy fits into two of them.

First we have the "Cape Cod Seasons" bag that I mentioned in one of the other threads. It's an older bag that is not for sale anymore at the parks, but they show up on Ebay occasionally and right now there's an auction for 2 of them for $50 each. This is a good price, since when it was for sale new it was 5,800 Yen, so this is actually a bargain. I'm not trying to push these bags on you guys, but I figured if anybody wanted a Duffy themed bag to carry him around in, this is perfect.

Japan Tokyo Disneyland Disney Resort Duffy Bear Bag - eBay (item 130470654572 end time Jan-31-11 06:49:17 PST)

Ahem...anyway, Here are the pictures I took of my Duffy inside the bag.

This is Duffy standing up inside the bag. His head is the only thing that sticks out, but he's standing, so you can see just how big the bag is.

Here is Duffy sitting down inside the bag. Now you can see that he fits very well. Nothing is sticking out over the top, his head is just near the edge of the bag.

Here's another angle of him sitting in the bag.

There is a snap closure that keeps the bag sort of closed. I suppose it's so Duffy doesn't fall out or anything.

You can see here that there is still room for some of Duffy's accessories in the empty space. Also, my Duffy is wearing a costume here, so you can dress him and he still fits comfortably in the bag.

This is a closeup of the artwork on the front zipper pocket.

And here is the inside lining, with seasonal icons that represent Cape Cod.

There are 3 pockets inside, one is about the size of a water bottle, you could put something like that in there, and then there are two smaller ones on one side. Outside is the larger zipper pocket you can store things in as well. It has a removable shoulder strap, and carrying handles.

Ok, now here is the big canvas tote bag that should still be for sale at TDS. This one looks just like the little canvas totes, but is about twice the size. You can fit Duffy in here too, but it's not quite as big as the "Cape Cod Seasons" bag. Also, it only has one very small inside pocket.

Duffy is sitting inside the bag, you can just see his head sticking out over the top.

There is still a little room inside to put accessories. Also, Duffy is still wearing a costume here, and he fits fairly well.

Looking down into the bag.

Now, these last two are comparison shots so that you can see what the smaller tote bags look like side-by-side with Duffy and the bigger bag.

That is last year's "Sweet Duffy" tote bag, so the lavender one for this year will be exactly the same size as the small bag. Duffy does not fit in these smaller ones at all. They are meant for carrying personal items or whatever you like.

Hopefully these pictures help to make decisions on which bags to get, and to answer questions about the size of the small seasonal canvas tote bags. The big, blue one is not seasonal, it's one of those "year round" items that should be for sale all the time, stock permitting, of course.
    Last edited by gurgi; 01-14-2011 at 11:33 AM.

• Banned User

Re: For those of you wondering about the sizes of the Duffy tote bags...

Thanks for posting these gurgi! It Definatley gives me a sense of scale. I have a request if you don't mind. Could you post photos of all the different colored totes you have? Just wanna see your collection! Thanks!

Gurgi - they still sell the Cape Cod Seasons bag. I saw it the last two times I was at TDS. The eBay prices are definitely good if you can get it for $50!

I will post pics later of mine, but it works great to carry Duffy and Shellie May so they can peek out. I use the snap between them so they stay securely put and that is their regular travel bag when they are visiting the parks. They can both fit down inside as well, which I do on certain rides. I put my personal stuff like sunglasses, etc. in the front pouch. Works great. I have to say though, this is one of the things I don't see many TDS fans using. Out of my last four trips to TDS in the past year, I only saw one other bag - perhaps the price?
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

Gurgi, thanks so much for posting the pictures...the size comparisons really help

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Thanks for posting these gurgi! It Definatley gives me a sense of scale. I have a request if you don't mind. Could you post photos of all the different colored totes you have? Just wanna see your collection! Thanks!
    You're welcome. I plan to do a blog update on all the tote bags. The only one I'm missing is one that DuffyDaisuki has...the "Sweet Duffy 2009" bag. It is exactly the same design as the "Cape Cod Seasons" bag, but it's brown with a rose colored inside and a cute "Duffy Brings Love" graphic on the pocket. It's very classy looking, but I missed out on that one. Since then, I've bought all the other Duffy bags. So, I'll do a post with all the little colored totes.

Quote Originally Posted by poohstraveler View Post
    Gurgi - they still sell the Cape Cod Seasons bag. I saw it the last two times I was at TDS. The eBay prices are definitely good if you can get it for $50!

I will post pics later of mine, but it works great to carry Duffy and Shellie May so they can peek out. I use the snap between them so they stay securely put and that is their regular travel bag when they are visiting the parks. They can both fit down inside as well, which I do on certain rides. I put my personal stuff like sunglasses, etc. in the front pouch. Works great. I have to say though, this is one of the things I don't see many TDS fans using. Out of my last four trips to TDS in the past year, I only saw one other bag - perhaps the price?
    Wow, thanks for that update, I didn't know they were still selling that bag. It's good to know. The Ebay auctions are still cheaper, but if anybody wants that bag, it's great that it's still for sale. Also, that you can fit Duffy and Shellie May in there. I've done that too, but they like their space and fuss if they are confined in there for too long. I'ts like kids in the back seat of a car...

Quote Originally Posted by WDW486 View Post
    Gurgi, thanks so much for posting the pictures...the size comparisons really help
    You're welcome, I wanted to give everybody an idea so they could make purchase decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Also, that you can fit Duffy and Shellie May in there. I've done that too, but they like their space and fuss if they are confined in there for too long. I'ts like kids in the back seat of a car...
    LOL!!! Mine have quickly learned that if they want to go anywhere, they have to deal with being confined for a bit. They are troopers on long haul flights though - I actually have a new Duffy carry on bag (sadly it means I have to forgo my regular carry on luggage as they account for most of it size wise). Duffy and Shellie May like being in their bag together because it means they are not in the big bag with all the "boys". We could seriously do our own reality series like "John and Kate" plus 8!
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

Thumbs up Re: For those of you wondering about the sizes of the Duffy tote bags...

I will post pics later of mine, but it works great to carry Duffy and Shellie May so they can peek out...Works great. I have to say though, this is one of the things I don't see many TDS fans using. Out of my last four trips to TDS in the past year, I only saw one other bag - perhaps the price?
    Yeah, that auction is a steal! I can't believe it's still running, actually. I my bag from Sweet Duffy 2009! I use it year round, cos Duffy always Brings Love! It's true, though, I don't see many people with it. Lots of people pushing Duffy in the stroller while the kid stumbles along, tired, legs buckling...^^

I don't have Shellie's armature installed, so she hasn't been to the parks yet. I was hoping to do that yesterday, and then today... Hopefully they'll be able to do the alteration in just a few days, so maybe I can do the installation and restuffing Saturday night!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    You're welcome. I plan to do a blog update on all the tote bags. The only one I'm missing is one that DuffyDaisuki has...the "Sweet Duffy 2009" bag...
    I really have been planning to do posed photos of both bears in their Cafe uniforms in this bag in the parks during Sweet Duffy this year... I really hope I get the chance. It really will depend on the turnaround time for the zipper at the alterations shop; I don't trust myself to do such sensitive surgery!

...Duffy and Shellie May like being in their bag together because it means they are not in the big bag with all the "boys". We could seriously do our own reality series like "John and Kate" plus 8!
    What's that? You and Gurgi are starting a photo story thread? YAY!!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Yeah, that auction is a steal! I can't believe it's still running, actually. I my bag from Sweet Duffy 2009! I use it year round, cos Duffy always Brings Love! It's true, though, I don't see many people with it. Lots of people pushing Duffy in the stroller while the kid stumbles along, tired, legs buckling...^^

I don't have Shellie's armature installed, so she hasn't been to the parks yet. I was hoping to do that yesterday, and then today... Hopefully they'll be able to do the alteration in just a few days, so maybe I can do the installation and restuffing Saturday night!

I really have been planning to do posed photos of both bears in their Cafe uniforms in this bag in the parks during Sweet Duffy this year... I really hope I get the chance. It really will depend on the turnaround time for the zipper at the alterations shop; I don't trust myself to do such sensitive surgery!

What's that? You and Gurgi are starting a photo story thread? YAY!!!
    Yeah, that bag is the better of the two, because it's just classier looking. I wish I had gotten it, but I am truly happy with the bags I do have.

I wouldn't even attempt surgery on my bears. My sewing skills are zero and I would end up being sued for malpractice if I tried it. Still, it sounds like a great thing for photos and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you're able to do with them.

A photo story thread...hmm...:-) Although my digital camera broke, so any pictures will have to be with my crappy cell phone camera. Actually the pictures in this thread of the bags are with my cell phone...I just have to have lots of light around.