Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152237 ... LastLast

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    She is my holy grail! I'm trying to decide if I should give in to Ebay or inquire here for her.
    Why eBay when you can get her from a trusted fellow Duffy fan and at a reasonable price? You can still join in the 6/24 shopping trip. DuffyD will accept your wishlist even if all you want right now is Shellie May herself.

• Lemony Goodness

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    Why eBay when you can get her from a trusted fellow Duffy fan and at a reasonable price? You can still join in the 6/24 shopping trip. DuffyD will accept your wishlist even if all you want right now is Shellie May herself.
    Really? I thought I'd be too late. Well I guess I'll just wait to see if I get a PM or something from DD if I would still be accepted. I really dont want to pay $200 for her on Ebay.
    Thanks!

Really? I thought I'd be too late. Well I guess I'll just wait to see if I get a PM or something from DD if I would still be accepted. I really dont want to pay $200 for her on Ebay.
    Thanks!
    Here's her page on the official website, you can see the prices as they are on the park ????????????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Just to clarify... DuffyD needs funds transferred by 6/24. The actual date of the shopping trip is 7/10. He requests the funds to be transferred 2 weeks in advance of the shopping trips to make sure all the transfers go through and there are no issues.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, don't use Ebay for Shellie May, because the prices there are way too high. If you can afford it, I definitely recommend using DuffyD's shopping service. Even with shipping and the 30% fee, ti's still way cheaper than $200 on Ebay...and you'll know it's an official Shellie May straight from TDS!

^ THIS. Totally.

Why pay overinflated ebay prices? $100 or more plus another $25 or $30 for shipping for a Shellie May is ridiculous. DuffyD's service is VERY affordable, even if you live on a budget. Even with the 30% gratuity & shipping, you'd get Shellie for WAY LESS than what the greedy ebay sellers charge.

• ~*Princess*~

Well, it's still kind of expensive--the difference is, it's just not overpriced XD Since you're only paying a little over the actual price to begin with and honestly, it'd be a lot better if the US dollar wasn't so worthless lately... (Just, the only bears I can think of that are more expensive are Vermount Teddy Bears off the top of my head for example).

But yeah, Shellie May is 3,800 Yen so that's about $47. The fee is 30% of that so 3,800 Yen + 1,140 Yen = 4,940 Yen which is about ~62 dollars (how I miss the days when that would only be about 45-50 dollars). Plus the 100 Yen fee for being less than 10,000 Yen which is about $1.25 or so. Then it's just shipping costs.

But as you can see, regardless, that's still going to be -at least- 100 dollars less than on Ebay which is really nice.

• Lemony Goodness

Yeah, I really just want Shelly May and the skirt set. I dont wanna spend more than $100 for her (I have to be realistic - she is a stuffed bear). I did find an ebay auction for Shellie, the skirt, and her little sea shell pendant for $150 with shipping, but I think I'd save if I did this option.

Through DuffyD, I'm getting Shellie, her "default" outfit, shell pendant and the Duffy & Shellie "Be Magical!" wand pendants... for $120 and that includes the 30% gratuity.

• ~*Princess*~

I'd like to get a Shellie May one day, but for now, I'll just prioritize on what won't always be there But yeah, this is definitely the best way to save a lot.

• Lemony Goodness

Well, I've sent in my wishlist. : ) Decided to go with the whole Shelly May shebang and added her, her skirt, and her necklace. She's just so darn cute. Ya know, I've always liked guy animals, like when I went to Build a Bear when I was little I always got something like a rough 'n tough cowboy instead of the glittery diva. But Shelly May has to be the only girl bear that I am in love with! She's got a different kind of cute about her. Not the gaudy glitter and makeup but the sweet and innocent look!

But anywho, I'm sure when I get my Shellie May package, I wont think twice about spending that much on a bear (just gotta keep tellin myself that! ) Good thing I love my job!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Really? I thought I'd be too late. Well I guess I'll just wait to see if I get a PM or something from DD if I would still be accepted...
    Sent. And welcome to MiceChat!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Here's her page on the official website, you can see the prices as they are on the park ????????????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????
    THANK YOU SO SO SO SOOOOO much for encouraging folks to explore the official site to get acquainted with pricing and how to find current release information. The more comfortable folks get with the official site (which does take some getting used to if you don't read Japanese^^), the easier Duffy Post is. Thank you! Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Just to clarify... DuffyD needs funds transferred by 6/24. The actual date of the shopping trip is 7/10. He requests the funds to be transferred 2 weeks in advance of the shopping trips to make sure all the transfers go through and there are no issues.
    Lately you are just so helpful all the time! This Duffy community has been so supportive to me over the past few years and I am really, really grateful.^^ Especially with DuffyPost lately, it really does feel like everyone is helping everyone else and I just it! I don't know why I'm feeling so emotional about Duffy Post this time, but this one feels really special to me. Maybe it's because it's the first one since the earthq****, or maybe it's just because of all the delays with announcements. I'm not sure, but there's something about it...

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Yeah, don't use Ebay for Shellie May, because the prices there are way too high. If you can afford it, I definitely recommend using DuffyD's shopping service. Even with shipping and the 30% fee, ti's still way cheaper than $200 on Ebay...and you'll know it's an official Shellie May straight from TDS!
    After what happened to Daisukiyo, I think this is a point worth considering carefully.

Yeah, I really just want Shelly May and the skirt set. I dont wanna spend more than $100 for her (I have to be realistic - she is a stuffed bear). I did find an ebay auction for Shellie, the skirt, and her little sea shell pendant for $150 with shipping, but I think I'd save if I did this option.
    "She is a stuffed bear with a bright spirit and a big heart who brings joy to the world and makes wishes come true," you mean, right? Realistically, Shellie May (¥3800), her Skirt Set (¥1200), and Heartshell Pendant (¥600) come to ¥5600. 30% of that is ¥1680, plus ¥100 (fee for less than ¥10,000), makes a total of ¥7380 which is about $90, so it's still significantly cheaper, even with the terrible exchange rate. Plus and more importantly, here you get the community experience. Everyone tracking the site updates and sharing price information and getting their stuff all at the same time together. That really is priceless, at least for me.^^ And yes, you're supporting me, but I have been beating Duffy's drum since before it was cool and if I were you, I'd rather give my money to a guy who champions a character and believes in this community than to somebody who'd never even heard of Duffy until they heard he might turn a quick profit, cashing in on people's fan devotion while having no love of their own.

I think my offer is a better deal, economically, than anything else out there, but that's really not the best or most important thing about it. I'll be happy to help if you decide you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    I'd like to get a Shellie May one day, but for now, I'll just prioritize on what won't always be there But yeah, this is definitely the best way to save a lot.
    (Bold above added by DuffyDaisuki) I agree with you completely. Shellie May will always be there, but the "Be Magical" costumes will be gone after the anniversary. This anniversary being marked by so many other historical events makes it special, I think, and I absolutely support your decision to go ahead on the "Be Magical" stuff and wait on Shellie herself. Maybe...just maybe...they'll even do a smiling version this year for Christmas. We could certainly use all the smiles we can get this year. If there's no smiling Shellie for the anniversary Christmas in the year of 3/11, I'm thinking maybe there never will be.

• Lemony Goodness

^^^ Nontheless, I am super excited to get my super awesome Shellie May!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Well, I've sent in my wishlist. : ) Decided to go with the whole Shelly May shebang and added her, her skirt, and her necklace. She's just so darn cute. Ya know, I've always liked guy animals, like when I went to Build a Bear when I was little I always got something like a rough 'n tough cowboy instead of the glittery diva. But Shelly May has to be the only girl bear that I am in love with! She's got a different kind of cute about her. Not the gaudy glitter and makeup but the sweet and innocent look!

But anywho, I'm sure when I get my Shellie May package, I wont think twice about spending that much on a bear (just gotta keep tellin myself that! ) Good thing I love my job!
    Both of these bears really do succeed in having a look that is both timeless and fresh. I them!^^ I also, as a guy, tended to see my plush as boys, buddies, as a kid. And I tended not to like overly girly lacey glittery princessery. I was staunchly anti-Shellie when she was first announced, too, but what can I say? She really has stolen my heart. I love her in a very different way, but as much as Duffy now. Although I would draw the line at other bear characters, I think. Two is hard enough to take to photograph in the parks and without the photography/park element at its heart, I think the Disney Bear experience is missing something important.

Also it's true, by the time you actually open your box, it will feel like a gift and the money will be forgotten. At least, that's how it is for me and the hundreds (thousands??? *surely not yet...) I've spent...

Also, I just noticed your signature - GREAT!

^^^ Nontheless, I am super excited to get my super awesome Shellie May!
    Of course you are! It's all about priorities. I know that Wondering has a blog (that she doesn't advertise) and is really trying like me to "collect 'em all!" If that's not what you're about, I absolutely agree with you, too, that having a Shellie May of your own, as soon as possible - yesterday even^^ - is the BEST choice. Whatever you choose for yourself with your whole aware heart is always the best choice. Geez...is it any wonder I fell in love with these saccharine sweet cuddly characters?
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-21-2011 at 05:36 PM.

• Lemony Goodness

@DD: I got that from Duffy's Closet a while ago and it just stuck!

and what blog do you have, Wondering? I may recognize it.

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152237 ... LastLast