Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172439 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Exclamation Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

I've accidentally "discovered" PayPal invoices which are set to make our process FAR more streamlined and pleasant!^^ Please read the revised Guidelines at the top of this thread, paying special attention to Procedures 4~9. Other than using PayPal invoices for ALL future transactions, the most major change is that I have decided to never take the burden of shipping fees upon myself. DuffyPost is simply way too big now (thanks, guys!^^), and there is no way I can afford to pay for shipping without waiting to get cash in hand. I appreciate your understanding.

Scratch that. Using the invoice charges me fairly hefty fees since there seems to be no option for the Sender to pay them. We will NOT do this. I'll figure something else out later. For those who paid with invoice this time, I'll figure the fees into your shipping totals. If everyone is alright with it, we may just add a ¥500 blanket service fee to all transfers... I'm really bummed because this system made everything so much neater, but it is not a viable solution and I cannot think more about it right now. Gotta get to work!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 06-23-2011 at 06:48 PM. Reason: In a perfect world, things would just be easy...and FREE!^^

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

It was almost too easy, huh? *groan*

I'm still arguing with PayPal, by the way. Ha!

But I appreciate your dedication!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I've accidentally "discovered" PayPal invoices which are set to make our process FAR more streamlined and pleasant!^^ Please read the revised Guidelines at the top of this thread, paying special attention to Procedures 4~9. Other than using PayPal invoices for ALL future transactions, the most major change is that I have decided to never take the burden of shipping fees upon myself. DuffyPost is simply way too big now (thanks, guys!^^), and there is no way I can afford to pay for shipping without waiting to get cash in hand. I appreciate your understanding.

Scratch that. Using the invoice charges me fairly hefty fees since there seems to be no option for the Sender to pay them. We will NOT do this. I'll figure something else out later. For those who paid with invoice this time, I'll figure the fees into your shipping totals. If everyone is alright with it, we may just add a ¥500 blanket service fee to all transfers... I'm really bummed because this system made everything so much neater, but it is not a viable solution and I cannot think more about it right now. Gotta get to work!^^
    It figures there would be fees involved. I guess they force an invoice to not be a "gift" or personal thing...more like a business, so you get charged the fees. I like the "gift" option at this point because we, the buyers, can absorb the exchange fees.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Hey whatever works that's easiest for everyone involved, I'm game. Since you're going on the 10th to get everything, I can send the money for the total for shipping on my package on the 14th (I get paid every 2 weeks, but the first check of the month, 90% of it always goes to rent), is that ok? Just need to know how much the total will be.

BTW, question for those in the US who have used DuffyPost before.... How long did shipping take once DuffyD sent your package to travel to the US from Japan? A week? Two weeks? Just curious. I have the patience of a gnat sometimes and I'm just anxious to get my goodies.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Hey whatever works that's easiest for everyone involved, I'm game. Since you're going on the 10th to get everything, I can send the money for the total for shipping on my package on the 14th (I get paid every 2 weeks, but the first check of the month, 90% of it always goes to rent), is that ok? Just need to know how much the total will be.

BTW, question for those in the US who have used DuffyPost before.... How long did shipping take once DuffyD sent your package to travel to the US from Japan? A week? Two weeks? Just curious. I have the patience of a gnat sometimes and I'm just anxious to get my goodies.
    Yeah, I have little patience too, especially when I'm excited about something. I'm learning to be better about that, but sometimes I just can't wait. As for how long it took once he shipped it, I would say about a week. He'll give us a tracking number, and we can see where it is...sometimes that's not helpful if you're impatient, LOL, since you just want it NOW and you can see that it's sitting in some city across the country!! Still, it's pretty fast considering the other alternatives can take WEEKS...and I mean it. Regular non-EMS shipping from Japan is SLOW!

The tracking number is definitely nice to have. I told DuffyD to send the package to my work instead of home because my mail carrier is a lazy SOB. Sometimes people have sent me stuff and it's been so whacko. There's times they'll forget the apartment number and it'll still be delivered, other times it's gotten sent back or delivered to the leasing office. But what if I worked in the leasing office at my complex? No apartment number is needed there. It's all so screwy. So in a nutshell, I don't trust my delivering post office and just feel better with having an INTERNATIONAL package be sent to me at work. That way it's delivered during business hours and there is ALWAYS someone there to accept the package and sign for it.

• Lemony Goodness

I'm just so excited for my Shellie May bear! : )

Hey, does anyone know how long they'll be selling regular (not necessarily Duffy) 10th anniversary stuff? I kinda like some of their stuff for maybe the next Duffy post.

PS: What's everybody gettin?! Sorry, I'm just so excited!

These days are going by sooo slowly I am getting ShellieMay and the Be Magical outfits for her and my Duffy. I also am getting the wand pendants for ShellieMay and Duffy. I almost skipped out on the wands but DD talked me into them. I'm so glad, he was right I would have been so upset after the fact if I didn't. We are going to Disney World Aug 22 and I can't wait to show them off.

• Lemony Goodness

Oh my gosh. I just found out how to get the japanese website to english! Type /en/ at the end. Just like this:Tokyo Disney Resort Official WebSite

It's full, proper english!

^ But it doesn't have the same information as the Japanese version if you look close enough. The whole Duffy section that's on the Japanese version is not on the English version.

If you use Firefox as your browser and you have the Google toolbar installed, it will automatically translate most text on foreign websites. That's what I do.

Well, for what it's worth, I just called PayPal again and they admitted they were having some issues right now.

They told me I could disregard the messages I've been getting...which makes me feel so warm and cozy..

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Huh? they are available right now? I thought they were going to be until september.
    I didn't think the be magical stuff would be available till september either , and I was waiting so I could save up more money so I would have enought to get both outfits and pendants, ah well!

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    I'm just so excited for my Shellie May bear! : )

Hey, does anyone know how long they'll be selling regular (not necessarily Duffy) 10th anniversary stuff? I kinda like some of their stuff for maybe the next Duffy post.

I'm just getting Shellie May's outfit, both pendants, and the seashell pendant.
    I really wanted to get Duffy's outfit too (and maybe even a Shellie May of my own at some point), but I just can't afford it right now.

I actually have a lot of trouble buying stuff for myself (I always feel bad)--I was only able to finally not feel (or well, less so) guilty about it by realizing my birthday is only 8 days after the shopping trip anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    I didn't think the be magical stuff would be available till september either , and I was waiting so I could save up more money so I would have enought to get both outfits and pendants, ah well!
    Wow I didn't realise they were for sale now, I thought the prices were earlier to get people prepared

DuffyD can I get a last minute change in my wishlist the pendats for the travel set that I asked? I will send you an email for more details.

I'm getting Shellie May, her outfit, shell pendant and the "Be Magical!" wand pendants for Duffy & Shellie May.