Page 16 of 61 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192641 ... LastLast

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 07-02-2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: double post...stupid iPhone...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Thank you, it helps a lot

Maybe the 10th anv cost more because he has that collar wit the jewel? but the clothes on the fastasmic one are bigger, humm
    The "Be Magical!" one is more limited, I guess. I imagine the Fantasmic! plush will be sold for a while yet, if not for the entire run of the show, which I expect to be at least three years.

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD, great job on the logo. I really like it.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

[QUOTE=DuffyDaisuki;1056565896:As I said, I'll probably go again around 9/4. As far as changes...it's not a good habit, but it's okay this time I guess.[/QUOTE]
    I love the New Logo and september 4th would give me more time to save up for the items, I have been asking other people and they wanted to charge me 55 dollars for one outfit and another 55 for the other and 16 dollars each for both shellie and duffy's pendants which is way too expensive. your rate sounds much more affortable.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^$55 each for the outfits is way overpriced (and greedy).

If I can, I might join in on the 9/4 shopping trip, but we'll see. What I'm getting this time around is my birthday present to myself (since I'll be receiving her just before my bday), so that was a good reason to splurge.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^$55 each for the outfits is way overpriced (and greedy).

If I can, I might join in on the 9/4 shopping trip, but we'll see. What I'm getting this time around is my birthday present to myself (since I'll be receiving her just before my bday), so that was a good reason to splurge.
    Honestly, that's still less than 50%. With travel time, always researching to stay up on the latest releases, paying for transport and park admission, plus all the time of checking and confirming - and often changing - requests and then processing the parcels and making sure everything gets where it's s'posed to; I can see why markup is commonly closer to 100%.

If I didn't love this community so much and didn't enjoy using the Duffy Post as an "excuse" to be so serious about my Duffy obsession, I really would either charge more or stop the service. It's a lot more work than you might imagine, and a lot of eBay sellers have already invested in product and are just waiting to get their investment back. That's not an easy position. I don't dig the "buy 'em all up and sell 'em high" Duffy "scalpers," but you don't really see that with Tokyo goods anyway.

I'm loving how we have some new, really energetic people around lately...but I'm a little sad that some folks seem only interested in the DP and not really in the community... What really motivates me to keep costs as low as I can without feeling taken advantage of is feeling like I really know where this stuff is going. When I'm shopping, I'm really thinking about the people who are gonna be so happy when their packages arrive. It makes me feel the magic of Duffy connecting people in the real world, which makes the character that much more real for me. You have to really love a character a lot for something like that to matter; and that human element is a two-way street, with no guarantees. I can understand why a high-volume or all-business eBay seller can't or won't do it that way.

Hi everyone! I'm new here but am a big fan of Duffy bear! I was able to get a Duffy bear from Disney World by mail order when he arrived there back in October. (I think you can't order him by mail order through Disney World anymore.) Unfortunately I live a distance away from there, so I'm not able to purchase any Duffy items anymore. I love Shellie May too! I also love the Disney bears that were around before Duffy. (I guess they were just called Disney Bear.) The laying down versions are so cute, and I'd love to find one, but they are so expensive on ebay! (I just saw one listed on there for $899.99!) Anyway, not to get off topic, I've been reading all the posts and might join in on a shopping trip in the future. Everyone on here seems so nice, and I'd love to be a part of the Duffy community!

Hi SkateFan, Welcome to the Duffy Community! Here you don't have to feel foolish if your an adult who loves Duffy and you can learn about new stuff that's happening with him. (ex. duffy has a girlfriend in japan named shelliemay that everybody wants to make duffy happy, cause when duffy is happy your happy too!) It also fun when you explore the different types of outfits that he has around the different disney parks, and wanting to give duffy a huge wardrobe to make him and his gal look good! I hope you enjoy the duffy community here as we will enjoy having you as our newest member!

Exclamation Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    Hi SkateFan, Welcome to the Duffy Community! Here you don't have to feel foolish if your an adult who loves Duffy and you can learn about new stuff that's happening with him. (ex. duffy has a girlfriend in japan named shelliemay that everybody wants to make duffy happy, cause when duffy is happy your happy too!) It also fun when you explore the different types of outfits that he has around the different disney parks, and wanting to give duffy a huge wardrobe to make him and his gal look good! I hope you enjoy the duffy community here as we will enjoy having you as our newest member!
    I'd like to join Erika in saying welcome, skatefan. And I have to add in my world, Shellie is Duffy's SISTER, so making them sweethearts is kinda gross to me. Still, there's nothing in the canon that rules out any interpretation of their relationship, which is how it should be, I think.

Just to keep on topic, thanks for participating in DuffyPost. Seeing so many people who love Shellie May just goes to show how wrong I was in thinking she wouldn't work out. My own heart, too, has utterly succumbed to her crafty charms.^^

• Lemony Goodness

Nice to meet you, Skatefan! I was in your spot just a week or two ago! : ) Welcome!

Hiya skatefan! Welcome to the Duffy insane asylum!

BTW, you can still order some Duffy stuff through WDW's mail order service. They've mentioned it on the DisneyParks blog and even on Duffy's official page on Facebook.

I've been a Duffy "fan" since he was called "Disney Bear" (even got a couple photos with him back then), but really got into it when Tokyo gave him a name and better backstory... even moreso once he came back to WDW. I have a small army of Duffys and it keeps growing! They multiply like rabbits, I tell ya!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I'd like to join Erika in saying welcome, skatefan. And I have to add in my world, Shellie is Duffy's SISTER, so making them sweethearts is kinda gross to me. Still, there's nothing in the canon that rules out any interpretation of their relationship, which is how it should be, I think.
    Huh. Really?!? I so thought she was a *girlfriend*.
    Hee!

I don't see Shellie May as Duffy's sister or his "girlfriend". I see her as a girl... friend. A friend who just happens to be a girl (and a bear).

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I don't see Shellie May as Duffy's sister or his "girlfriend". I see her as a girl... friend. A friend who just happens to be a girl (and a bear).
    I think everybody here see shelliemay in there own way lol! Shows you that shelliemay can be anything that she wants to be, kind of like shes a little actress

• ~*Princess*~

I also think of her like his girlfriend or at the very least, that she likes Duffy and he may just not notice and/or not feel the same way.