Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202742 ... LastLast

• Lemony Goodness

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

I think of her as best friends with Duffy. Duffy's too innocent for a girlfriend. Now that i've said this, I really dont want them to release another book about him and Shellie May that contradicts my opinion - that would make me a little sick : (

• Felice Natale!

I'm with Teacup!^^

To get this topic back on track* (again), WishListers should expect a message within the next six hours to confirm Lists.

*Maybe we need a thread on Duffy and Shellie's relationship? Maybe even with a poll?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I haven't gotten any email yet (and it's been about 7 hours since the above was posted), but keeping an eye out for it.

DD- I haven't received an email yet either to confirm my shopping list. It is Noon here in the US.
    I don't know about anyone else but I have already started my count down to shopping day.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I'm with Teacup!^^

To get this topic back on track* (again), WishListers should expect a message within the next six hours to confirm Lists.

*Maybe we need a thread on Duffy and Shellie's relationship? Maybe even with a poll?
    The poll sounds like a great idea. It's not a "you have to think this way about ShellieMay", but more of an understanding of just how varied everybody's thoughts on her are. I'm in the camp of her being a close friend of Duffy's, and both of them being too innocent and young to have any romantic feelings. My ShellieMay is a bit of a tomboy, but likes being girly too. Climbing trees and tea parties are totally things she loves.

The whole confirming shoplist thing, is this for the people who already gave there shopping lists in for the current shopping trip or the september one?

---------- Post added 07-05-2011 at 07:39 PM ----------

Can there be a seperate post, that says what the service fee charge is and what shipping will cost, so that people will know how much to save when they are planning to buy duffy/shelliemay stuff? I think it would be easier and help people plan out what they can buy and how much it will cost them, so they can start saving. Its just a thought.

^ I believe it's for those in THIS COMING shopping trip to confirm as shopping day is in 4 more days.

And I still haven't received an email from DuffyD. Been checking my email all day too.

oh okay! I was just wondering

• Lemony Goodness

I got my email today and it made me even more excited for my Shellie May care package to come in! : ) I swear, I'm going to have to videotape myself opening it - I'll be squealing the whole time! Oh, and an angelic chorus will be playing. hehe

I got my email last night (finally). My coworkers are going to think I'm crazier than they already think I am when that box arrives at my work.

I am so anxious to meet my very own ShellieMae!

I've got several parties planned for her. (I will take photos)

I will first introduce her to my friend's Duffy, probably at my friend's house. We might do a small parade around the property (it's a large gated-in community) in the golf cart. Then we plan a get-together at WDW, hopefully with a few other Duffy fans.

ShellieMae will also be going on a Disney cruise in April.

Talking Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by thephantomsgirl View Post

I will first introduce her to my friend's Duffy, probably at my friend's house. We might do a small parade around the property (it's a large gated-in community) in the golf cart. Then we plan a get-together at WDW, hopefully with a few other Duffy fans.

That sounds like fun- any thoughts about when you may meet at WDW? I am coming for vacation 8/22 to 9/5/11. I'd love to meet some Duffy fans. I have a Duffy (from Japan) and I am getting Shellie May from DD on this shopping trip

I got stuff planned for my Shellie May when she arrives too. I'll be taking her to her first baseball game in August, trips to Busch Gardens... and maybe in the fall a trip to EPCOT or IOA.

These are all with Duffy along as well, of course.

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxmama View Post
    DD- I haven't received an email yet either to confirm my shopping list. It is Noon here in the US.
    I don't know about anyone else but I have already started my count down to shopping day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    The whole confirming shoplist thing, is this for the people who already gave there shopping lists in for the current shopping trip or the september one?

---------- Post added 07-05-2011 at 07:39 PM ----------

Can there be a seperate post, that says what the service fee charge is and what shipping will cost, so that people will know how much to save when they are planning to buy duffy/shelliemay stuff? I think it would be easier and help people plan out what they can buy and how much it will cost them, so they can start saving. Its just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^ I believe it's for those in THIS COMING shopping trip to confirm as shopping day is in 4 more days.

And I still haven't received an email from DuffyD. Been checking my email all day too.
    Sorry about the delay with that message. I sent it from work, and that's the time I imagined being home. Ended up working late with a student and came home dog tired. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

As for service fees, that's covered in the first post of this thread. It will be updated before the next Announced Shopping Day (likely in September) to reflect a new system of PayPal fees being included with Shipping charges. All future DuffyPost Wish Lists will use PayPal's invoice system, which means that I will be paying fees first, and then you'll reimburse me with the shipping transfer. This is necessary to keep things organized. DuffyPost has become big and involved, with lots of people and lots of items; I simply need a reliable way to keep track of what everyone wants and an invoice to hold people to existing requests. This time, especially, there have been so many changes, add-ons and swap-outs that I was really afraid of making mistakes. I did, in fact, have to adjust a few Wish Lists because they had been changed since the initial request and I was using old Lists. I think the invoice system is better for everyone, and I don't actually think it increases the amount of fees. It just means that I'll have to pay them first.

Other than that, everything will pretty much remain the same as long as there are enough people requesting enough stuff. Right now, I'm accepting to pay for transportation and park entrance myself out of the Gratuity charges, since I had planned on keeping the Annual Pass. All the policy and program changes this year have really frustrated me, though. The message of the Company has disappointed me and I decided - with some serious grief, to be honest - to return it. From now on, I will let Wish Listers know the cost of my day trip to the Resort (¥8200) divided by the number of Wish Listers and allow that to be an optional tip for Announced Shopping Days. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not paying this if it's not worth it to you, but for people who think that the 25~30% is for my time and energy, helping to cover my actual costs may feel like something that should be separate. Also, as it says in that first post, I have no way to estimate shipping charges before actually taking your stuff to the post office to package it. The only way I could do such shipping estimates would be to have a flat rate for weights and guess, and I'm not gonna do that. You pay exactly what I pay.

My commitment has really become to Duffy, DuffyPost and the Duffeteers. I will always love Duffy, but in other aspects of their operations, TDR and OLC are actually not meeting my expectations with a lot of their recent choices and the way they present their rationale. Without this community, I might even regret my investment. Duffy is no longer even about representing Disney for me; he and Shellie are really the embodiment of my connection to the great people I've met here, and the "Duffy magic" that lives and moves in all of our hearts. I wish we could get together for a day at the parks. I really cannot express to all of you how grateful I am for the D-STARs these days. Thank you all so much!^^

Quote Originally Posted by thephantomsgirl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I got stuff planned for my Shellie May when she arrives too. I'll be taking her to her first baseball game in August, trips to Busch Gardens... and maybe in the fall a trip to EPCOT or IOA.

These are all with Duffy along as well, of course.
    How fun that you guys are already planning travel adventures! I always have so many ideas for new photo shoots I wanna do, but never actually have the time to realize them. I can't wait to see your photos!^^

I'm gonna need a bigger tote bag that both Duffy and Shellie can fit in (along with my other necessary theme park/baseball game necessities).