Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243146 ... LastLast

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    I received my care package today and was jumping around and squealing. Shellie May is the cutest little bear ever and I lover her! The Disney bags that she came in were just wonderful and I was SO impressed that this much care had been spent on not just my package, but 13 of them! I asked if it was possible to get a map or something and I received so many little pamplets and such! I'm reading them all right now : ) THANKS DUFFYD!
    Thank YOU! That was just about the kindest "thank you" I've ever received, and I am grateful for it. I thought you'd get a kick out of the "Story Papers." I'm really glad you're happy, but I will never, ever 1) spend my own money to ship first NOR 2) ship two groups so far apart again...it just doesn't feel right. To those of you still waiting for Care Packages, you should have received your shipping totals today. Please transfer funds as soon as you can, so I can get those out. At this point, I'm planning to be at the post office on 8/8 or 8/15.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I got a map and the attraction story papers too! Also found one of the "causes" rubber bracelets TDR is selling to raise money for earthquake recovery efforts. Wearing mine proudly!
    It's important to me that folks notice that those bracelets mean two things:

1. For some of the smaller orders, sending that bracelet took 25%. This is why I'm not willing to eat into my gratuity too much; then I stop being interested in adding surprises, and then I stop being interested in the Post.
    2. Every WishLister made a ¥300 contribution to the recovery effort. Plus, these are really a MiceChat memory, too, I think. This community was a great place to get information as all that was going on and it really did give me strength. For the two WishListers who kindly added the bracelets to their Lists anyway, you got some bonus surprises of equivalent value for the discount, and my respect and appreciation for your support.^^

Folks may be wondering how I've found the time to drop in. It was inevitable, I guess. I finally became physically sick. In fact, I'm only working a half-day tomorrow; took off the early shift. Now that I can't breathe, I can't sleep, especially with no A/C. So, I figured I may as well say

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

I'm sorry you're sick, DuffyD, that stinks, especially when it's hot.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I hope you feel better soon, DuffyD! I hope you at least have a fan or 2 at your place to help keep air moving. I heard a trick with a fan is to set a bowl of ice or a frozen plastic milk jug (filled with water) in front of a fan and it helps blow cool air into the room.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I hope you feel better soon, DuffyD! I hope you at least have a fan or 2 at your place to help keep air moving. I heard a trick with a fan is to set a bowl of ice or a frozen plastic milk jug (filled with water) in front of a fan and it helps blow cool air into the room.
    The milk jug idea is interesting. I used to put the bowl of ice in front of the fan, but usually it melted pretty quickly. I grew up in Southern California with no AC, so yeah...dealt with hot summers all the time. Now I'm in NYC with the humidity...yuck!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have central A/C, but I try not to use it much because it sends my electric bill sky high. I'll run it for an hour in the morning to get the stuffiness out of the apartment, then I'll have a couple fans blowing while I'm at work to keep air moving so the cats are comfortable. Then when I get home, I'll run the A/C for an hour or so to get the stuffiness out again, then go back to the fans for the rest of the night. So far this summer I've kept my electric bill under $100 this way, so it has helped. Also helps I'm on the 1st floor of my building.

Well, I'm glad that my comment could reach you to maybe lighten your sickness a bit. It went to 110 where I live for quite a while today, and I couldn't imagine doing it without AC!

And those ride story papers were just too cool! I'm so glad you sent them, it's like you knew what I was interested in lol. I think the ToT's story line is really cool! I couldnt imagine Twilight Zone being popular over there.

I'm glad everyone's happy with their orders! : ) <3

• Felice Natale!

...I'm glad everyone's happy with their orders! : ) <3
    Not everyone...half the WLs haven't gotten their Care Packages yet......because I messed up.

I noticed you changed the order in your signature... I debated that for a looooong time... Ultimately I decided that "love" should be the first word, and the last. And I thought it was better that we start with love freely given to all and then willingness to always serve love and put love into action, whatever it takes. I deliberated and agonized for a looooong time, because I knew that I was inverting the traditional "All for...for all" order, but I felt it was far more powerful this way, and kind of less cutesy. It feels fresher since the order is changed, and hooks the listener's/reader's attention so that they actually notice what it means, an not just hear it as a "throwaway." Of course, one could make the argument that the shift in order is somehow jarring, but I really struggled with it, and I don't think it is; the rhythm holds up perfectly since each word is one syllable in all cases. I think I still prefer "Love for all and all for love," but the important thing about a group motto is that it's cohesive, so I suppose I am open to changing it, if the majority of D-STARs agree.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well...just because the rest of us haven't received their care packages, doesn't mean we're unhappy. I'm actually just excited about getting it, so don't worry about it too much.

Also, the change of the slogan could just be an individual thing. The group one can remain the same, but it looks like people like a bit of individuality. I can see the "All for love" thing being more like the 3 musketeers chant, "All for one", but also the "Love for all" is distanced from that and focuses on love first. I like both, actually, and wouldn't want to pick one over the other.

• Felice Natale!

Yours is a wonderful solution. I guess I was just "reacting" a bit this morning to seeing words I'd struggled over being shifted around. The writer in me felt misquoted...and defensive...as if I'd somehow left the impression that I just made a mistake with the order and "didn't know better."

But you're right, All are free, and free for all. Whenever the wind blows through your heart, it's a good thing, I reckon. Inspiration is only bad for the harmful, and there's no harm done here. Thanks, gurgi.^^

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Well...just because the rest of us haven't received their care packages, doesn't mean we're unhappy. I'm actually just excited about getting it, so don't worry about it too much.

Also, the change of the slogan could just be an individual thing. The group one can remain the same, but it looks like people like a bit of individuality. I can see the "All for love" thing being more like the 3 musketeers chant, "All for one", but also the "Love for all" is distanced from that and focuses on love first. I like both, actually, and wouldn't want to pick one over the other.

I didnt mean to change it! When I retyped my signature, it just kinda came out that way from habit. I totally agree with love being first and last because, after all, love occurs thoughout life but starts from love and ends with love.

I'm sorry to have offended you, I put that it was your quote, too. I would have been upset if someone changed something I wrote, too.

I also would like to mention that I had a strange dream the other night..

I wont mention the alien invasion part, but somehow I ended up in TDS with my mother and sister and we were walking around and I suddenly turned to find my sister getting the Duffy popcorn bucket I wanted. Rationally, I could have gotten the same thing but in my dream I was super peeved and downright upset that I couldnt have it now.

Duffy has frequented my dreams... Any of y'all experience that or am I crazy?

• Felice Natale!

...I'm sorry to have offended you, I put that it was your quote, too. I would have been upset if someone changed something I wrote, too.
    Aw, no worries, LilTeacup! I wasn't offended or upset, I'm just a whiny baby when I'm sick and I've recently had some life experience that has made me...less than my best. Still, I agree with you that "Love...love" is the way to go, and I'm pleased we're of the same heart.^^

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...Also, the change of the slogan could just be an individual thing. The group one can remain the same, but it looks like people like a bit of individuality...
    I take it back. The whole point of a motto/slogan is group unity. "Love for all and all for love!" ONLY!!!

Am I the only person who, when I get sick, every time, I sincerely wonder if I'll ever actually get better? Like somehow this time the sickness is just gonna stay or make some permanent change in my body? That's weird, right? But every time...

Also, about two years ago I had a dream about me and Duffy walking around Cape Cod and DisneySEA. It was a very simple dream with no violence or deep revelations. I woke up feeling very refreshed and cheerful...but I haven't dreamed about Duffy again...poopypants.^^

• Future Imagineer! =D

Okay, so I'm thinking of getting the Shellie May for my mom. She already has the standard $30 Duffy from the states. Does anybody know which Shellie May will match him? The small one that costs 3,800 yen or the medium one that costs 10,000 yen?
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

The Small one will match him!

• Future Imagineer! =D

Thank you so much!!(:

I would like to make a Wish List
    Woohoo! So excited(:
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!