Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526273449 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post

Hehe, sorry to ask questions again but is there any way to view the Tokyo Duffy website in English? I downloaded the Google Toolbar, but it just says "Tanslating..." and doesn't really translate. It's kind of hard to shop in Japanese :P
    It only translates part of the page (there's some parts that are images of text instead of straight-up text... those won't translate).

If you use Google Chrome, the translate part is built into the browser, but you get the same result.

As for the fees part... I'm not sure, but possibly. That that amount will be divided by the number of wishlisters. So 3100 divided by 5 wishlisters would be 620 each, which is around $6 US (and that number would decrease if there's more wishlisters). Overall, it's still WAY cheaper than going through ebay, all things considered. Shellie May herself goes for at the cheapest, $120 right now (just looked), then shipping on top of that. In the last DuffyPost, I got Shellie May, her shell pendant, "default" costume and the Duffy & Shellie "Be Magical" pendants for around the same price (that's the bear plus 3 necklaces& a costume), then another like $20 for shipping. Definitely a better deal through DuffyPost. Plus your stuff is hand-picked just for you by DuffyD to make sure you get the best available. On ebay, they just grab whatever and that's it. Ebay sellers are looking to make money. DuffyD is doing DuffyPost to help spread the Duffy love.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    ...It's kind of hard to shop in Japanese :P

---------- Post added 08-20-2011 at 12:26 PM ----------

Will we also have to pay for this on top of the 25% gratuity?
    "Seasonal and Non-seasonal add ¥3100 (1/2 Park Entrance) + Transportation, divided by number of Wish Listers"

So sorry for all the questions! Thanks for all the the help though
    Hey, Little Imagineer. Thanks for your interest. As far as shopping in Japanese goes, I try to put an "official" item list up with every release. This list is made by looking at the official site, so follows its layout generally, and the pricing information corresponds directly to what's on the site, so it hopefully should make things easier. The list for Halloween items is HERE. The items are listed in bold, and it includes other recently announced items as well. Items should be listed exactly as they appear on this list, in order to cause no confusion. I say it all the time, and yet it seems to bear repeating. Please, cut and paste if you need to. Follow the format; it ensures that you'll get the items you want and it makes my life much easier, which increases the likelihood that the Post will continue.

Yes, I did add the 1/2 admission and transportation in addition to Gratuity. Last time was so big and so time-consuming that I didn't feel I could stay motivated if I didn't. The turnaround to get things sent out took too long as well, and I'm trying to encourage myself to keep motivated to get things done faster. My work will always take priority, but I am determined to never take so long for shipping turnaround again. It's really hard to keep that much stuff in my tiny apartment, and you guys probably don't really understand how high my stress level goes until I know that everyone has received their stuff!

I appreciate you asking questions now, as opposed to making changes later. Making changes after submitting the Wish List makes Duffy want to pull out his fur.^^

Let's say I want three Shellie May's, her shell necklace, and her skirt/undies; do I put just that like this:

Shellie May small 3800yen (x3)
    Shellie May shell necklace 600yen
    Shellie May skirt/underwear 1200yen

I'm not sure what the items are formally called, soo...

• Future Imagineer! =D

Thanks so much you guys!!! We looked at the lists, but couldn't find just the regular Shellie May's. I'm so sorry, we're probably driving you all crazy :P
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ...As for the fees part... I'm not sure, but possibly. That that amount will be divided by the number of wishlisters. So 3100 divided by 5 wishlisters would be 620 each, which is around $6 US (and that number would decrease if there's more wishlisters). Overall, it's still WAY cheaper than going through ebay, all things considered. Shellie May herself goes for at the cheapest, $120 right now (just looked), then shipping on top of that. In the last DuffyPost, I got Shellie May, her shell pendant, "default" costume and the Duffy & Shellie "Be Magical" pendants for around the same price (that's the bear plus 3 necklaces& a costume), then another like $20 for shipping. Definitely a better deal through DuffyPost. Plus your stuff is hand-picked just for you by DuffyD to make sure you get the best available. On ebay, they just grab whatever and that's it. Ebay sellers are looking to make money. DuffyD is doing DuffyPost to help spread the Duffy love.
    Another big reason for the additional cost coverage is that I was not able to use PayPal Invoices, which I was so excited about. Now I still have to carefully maintain each person's list, including any changes they make, as people seem more likely to do since there isn't an official invoice. I mean, I could do it, but then I'd be passing on a percentage cost that wasn't the same for everyone and wasn't easy for me to calculate, so as much as it added to my convenience (and sanity), I decided against it. I like flat rates.

Also, I was strongly reminded of the real mission statement of DuffyPost earlier this week, when I saw the US Halloween release. What it really comes down to for me is that I think if you've never seen Tokyo's merchandise, you really have no idea what and who Duffy really is. The US has yet to prove that they see him as anything other than a cash cow they were completely willing to throw away until they saw how much money OLC was making off Duffy sales in Japan. What they still don't seem to understand, though, is that in Japan the Duff is the real deal. People are willing to pay for it because artists are willing to work for it and the Company is willing to invest in it. The mission was kinda buried in the Guidelines, and I've edited it a bit to highlight its significance:

Duffy Post's mission is to support Duffy and Duffy fans everywhere, with quality merchandise worthy of the character.

---------- Post added 08-21-2011 at 09:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyGirl View Post
    Let's say I want three Shellie May's, her shell necklace, and her skirt/undies; do I put just that like this:

Shellie May small 3800yen (x3)
    Shellie May shell necklace 600yen
    Shellie May skirt/underwear 1200yen

I'm not sure what the items are formally called, soo...
    I guess sometime I should make an item list for all the regular series stuff... Not today!

This looks fine. Just follow the format for the rest of the Wish List and I'll get your items. Be sure, though, that you really only want the Skirt and Pendant for one bear. I think it's likely that once you see these items, you'll want them for the other two as well. Make this decision with certainty before you submit your Wish List, please. Also, consider getting Duffy's Bottle Pendant to match Shellie's Heartshell Pendant (although technically his was first). It's cheap and adorable, and I think most of us have been waiting for it for a long time. For me, it was one of the things that made Duffy "Duffy" from the beginning.^^

• Future Imagineer! =D

Hi again DD! Thank you so very much for all your help. My mom and I just emailed our order(:

We didn't add in the split ticket price and transportation though because we weren't sure the costs. We're not exactly sure how PayPal works either so hopefully we can figure it out. We are so excited!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Future Imagineer! =D

Hi again DD, we found out my mom's work email wasn't working so we sent you an email through her personal email, then it turns out her work email was working but was super delayed. We're very sorry for the double emails. Thanks so much for your patience!
    Disney is my life <3
    Future Imagineer <3

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

PayPal requests have been sent to the Duffy's Halloween Dream Wish Listers. If you did not receive one and think you should, please email me immediately. I am no longer accepting new Wish Lists for the 9/12 Shopping Day.

• Lemony Goodness

Hey DD... I've been wondering for a while if you'd consider getting a Be Magical! keychain for me. I've studied the official page and I just love it. If not, that's alright because I'll probably have to decide between the popcorn bucket and the keychain due to the 50% Duffy rule : ) I was unsure what needed to be done to acquire one once in TDS.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ DuffyD needed all funds transferred by this past Sunday (8/28) for the 9/12 shopping trip, so you're probably too late for this one.

• Lemony Goodness

^Oh, I was planning on waiting for the next one so I could save up some money beforehand.
    : )

Of course, if it isn't available next trip, no worries.

• when you wish...

I am officially obsessed with getting my hands on a Shellie May and will definitely be taking part in the Christmas shopping trip The one thing I would love to know is if the "Sweet Duffy" 2010 costume for Shellie May is still available? From what I've been able to find, they re-released Duffy and Shellie May's outfits from last year, along with the new ones for this year.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by disneymademoiselle View Post
    I am officially obsessed with getting my hands on a Shellie May and will definitely be taking part in the Christmas shopping trip The one thing I would love to know is if the "Sweet Duffy" 2010 costume for Shellie May is still available? From what I've been able to find, they re-released Duffy and Shellie May's outfits from last year, along with the new ones for this year.
    No, the "Sweet Duffy" costumes are long gone. They did re-release a version of the 2010 "Heartful Sailor" costume in 2011, but there were some subtle differences between the two. The thing is, they were only available during the "Sweet Duffy" event. The seasonal and special event costumes are usually gone within the timeframe of the event, and are never restocked. They have been doing revised versions though, like the pumpkin from 2009, and then a slightly altered version again in 2010.

Your only way to get the 2010 or 2011 "Sweet Duffy" costumes is from an online auction site. There should be another event around Valentine's day next year though, and I'm sure the new costumes will be adorable, no matter what they may be.

• when you wish...

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    No, the "Sweet Duffy" costumes are long gone. They did re-release a version of the 2010 "Heartful Sailor" costume in 2011, but there were some subtle differences between the two. The thing is, they were only available during the "Sweet Duffy" event. The seasonal and special event costumes are usually gone within the timeframe of the event, and are never restocked. They have been doing revised versions though, like the pumpkin from 2009, and then a slightly altered version again in 2010.

Your only way to get the 2010 or 2011 "Sweet Duffy" costumes is from an online auction site. There should be another event around Valentine's day next year though, and I'm sure the new costumes will be adorable, no matter what they may be.
    Thank you so much for the information, gurgi! I figured it was a real long shot! Come to think of it, I do remember reading they made subtle changes to the outfits for this year. It looks like my future Shellie May will just have to settle for her traditional outfit until I see what the "Sweet Duffy" 2012 ones look like.

Is there a place to see what outfits are currently available? When I link to the Tokyo Disneyland website through previous threads, I only see their traditional outfits, the Halloween ones and the Magical ones.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Become part of MY world!

Yes, those are the ones currently available right now. The outfits are always seasonal and don't last more than a few months(besides the "default" outfits and probably My Friend Duffy outfit).
    Poor unfortunate Souls.