Page 25 of 63 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627283550 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by disneymademoiselle View Post
    Is there a place to see what outfits are currently available? When I link to the Tokyo Disneyland website through previous threads, I only see their traditional outfits, the Halloween ones and the Magical ones.
    Those are the only costumes that are currently available at TDS... Halloween & Be Magical. Well, that't not entirely true. Shellie May's "default" skirt & panties are available year-round as are a few outfits for Duffy (why the 3 Duffy outfits aren't on the TDS website are beyond me) and the current "My Friend Duffy" sailor suit.

The 3 Duffy outfits that aren't shown on the TDS website but are available year-round are:

Travel set (consisting of a straw hat, a suitcase, a camera, and the plastic bottle containing Minnie's message to Mickey)
    (Couldn't find a pic of this one)

Duffy T-Shirt set (consisting of a t-shirt with Duffy's face, short, shoes, a hat, and a tote bag)
    You can see a pic here: ディズニーベア@ダッフィーのコスプレ Tシャツ&ショートパンツ(ディズニーシー)

Suspender set (consisting of suspenders, hat, and a tote bag)
    You can see a pic here: ディズニーベア@ダッフィーのコスプレ サロペット(ディズニーシー)

All 3 sets cost ・2800 each.

• when you wish...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Those are the only costumes that are currently available at TDS... Halloween & Be Magical. Well, that't not entirely true. Shellie May's "default" skirt & panties are available year-round as are a few outfits for Duffy (why the 3 Duffy outfits aren't on the TDS website are beyond me) and the current "My Friend Duffy" sailor suit.

The 3 Duffy outfits that aren't shown on the TDS website but are available year-round are:

Travel set (consisting of a straw hat, a suitcase, a camera, and the plastic bottle containing Minnie's message to Mickey)
    (Couldn't find a pic of this one)

Duffy T-Shirt set (consisting of a t-shirt with Duffy's face, short, shoes, a hat, and a tote bag)
    You can see a pic here: ƒfƒBƒYƒjーƒxƒA—ƒ_ƒbƒtƒBー‚フƒRƒXƒvƒŒ ‚sƒVƒƒƒc•ƒVƒ‡ーƒgƒpƒ“ƒc(ƒfƒBƒYƒjーƒVー)

Suspender set (consisting of suspenders, hat, and a tote bag)
    You can see a pic here: ƒfƒBƒYƒjーƒxƒA—ƒ_ƒbƒtƒBー‚フƒRƒXƒvƒŒ ƒTƒƒyƒbƒg(ƒfƒBƒYƒjーƒVー)

All 3 sets cost ・2800 each.
    Wow, thank you, aimster! That suspender outfit is ridiculously cute!!! Perhaps, Duffy might need that outfit It's a bummer Shellie May doesn't have any other outfits, but I know she is new to the scene. I don't even own her yet and I am already on the hunt for outfits for her, besides her classic one. I cannot wait for DuffyD's Christmas visit, because I want her soooooo badly! Thanks again
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

99% of my Shellie May's clothes are from Build A Bear right now, but my aunt is making me some custom outfits. She just sent one (check the custom outfits thread on the last page) and is working on more.

• when you wish...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    99% of my Shellie May's clothes are from Build A Bear right now, but my aunt is making me some custom outfits. She just sent one (check the custom outfits thread on the last page) and is working on more.
    Thanks for filling me in, aimster
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• I also like Stitch!

Duffy D, can my mom order Duffy Post on my account? She doesn't want to make an account for MC and she would only use it to get Duffy Post.

DD, you mentioned before that you were emotional at the recent shopping trip you made and never elaborated - I'm still curious! It sounds like there's a good story behind that.

• i heart plunging v-necks

DD, I'm interested in purchasing the CCC items but I'm a newcomer to Duffy Post. Please let me know which paypal account I should transfer funds to. Thanks so much!

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Hopefully you got DuffyD in time, Malice.
    Last edited by gurgi; 10-06-2011 at 06:52 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

I would like to make a wish list. (Am I doing this right? )

• ~*Princess*~

Got my package today Thanks so much! *will have a better message later when she doesn't feel like she's just going to pass out* It was a nice thing to come home to though.

Still waiting on mine.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Mine arrived too, but I'm not home until Sunday, so I'm having to wait (impatiently) until I can get there and open the box. I can't wait!

• I love that tiny bear!

Just confirming--the 1200 yen 15 cm magnet ("maguneto") Shellie May that's hugging a pencil or something at ????????????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ????????? -- that's probably a match for the 14 cm Duffy magnet-pawed bear they sell in the US?

(The Duffy magnet at ???????????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ????????? is listed as 14 cm, which is approximately the height for the US one, and looks very much like the US one, so much I wouldn't be shocked to find they're made at the exact same place. I am guessing they used the same or a very similar pattern for Shellie May and added a bow, which brings her up to 15 cm.)

And also to make 100% sure, the "badges" are the keychain looking things, right? I can't decide if I want the HSC badges or straps....help! LOL I'm cheap so an extra 600 yen (plus fees and possibly shipping) does make a bit of a difference to me. Are the straps fun, or do they just sit there since they are in seated form? And are the badges fun, or are they kind of boring because they can't stick their paws to things and pose as easily? From the measurements, the straps LOOK a lot like they're almost the size of the badges, but seated. (And frankly Shellie May's cape looks like it could be identical between the badges and the straps, as the cape is a bit longer on the strap plushie...)

And, what do you think the odds are of slipping the sweaters/knit capes off of those plushies? ::shifty eyes::

• Become part of MY world!

I got the Sweet Duffy straps from this year. They're the same size as the magnets and function the same. The reason I got the straps instead of the badge was because to be the badges just seemed too big. I use them as keychains and have quite a few Duffy ones already, getting the badges would just get cumbersome to me. But they look to be slightly more detailed, and they have a safety pin on the back of their heads, while also having a small chain. It's up to preference, but I personally like the straps more cause I can put more of them on my backpack!

---------- Post added 10-15-2011 at 02:24 PM ----------

Awww man! ALMOST got my costumes today! It arrived at the nearest processing location right at the time the mail is usually delivered! Guess I gotta wait till monday! I'm so impatient! LOL And Duffy and Shellie are driving me mad! They want their new costumes now!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Journey On!

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    DD, you mentioned before that you were emotional at the recent shopping trip you made and never elaborated - I'm still curious! It sounds like there's a good story behind that.
    It is a good story. I keep wanting to tell it and every time I come here I get distracted by other stuff. I'll try and make a short version:^^

I saw Mythica, and it was like I was seeing it again for the first time. The weather was sunny and beautiful and perfect, there were very few guests in the park. It felt like everybody who was there was really part of a community together, sharing a particular spirit. And Mythica felt, even more intensely than usual, like a real festival in a real port-side village. The CMs smiled with such a strong feeling of love, like with every glance they were genuinely thanking us for coming back and inviting us to join the ritual, bang the drum, and dance and march for life in loving memory - and union - with spirits who had passed and yet would always dance to the beat of our hearts.

There was just something in the air, and the sense of loss at the mythic creatures and mythical world became very real for me, literally a visceral, physical feeling. Somehow that fictional loss combined with the very real sense that Japan was no longer the same place, that its spirit had been wounded and something was lost that could never be entirely restored. It was an extremely powerful feeling that just kept washing over me in waves. As the Diamond Goddess spoke, I felt it was in a voice of mourning, but then the dancers came, celebrating life, reuniting us with what had been lost, and the Diamond Goddess came back, too, and life seemed possible. We weren't moving on, we were just still moving - to the beating of our hearts. It was okay to be there. It was okay to be happy. And it was okay to still be a little sad and raw, too, as long as we didn't forget to believe in magic.

---------- Post added 10-16-2011 at 06:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    And, what do you think the odds are of slipping the sweaters/knit capes off of those plushies? ::shifty eyes::
    I think Ursulalvr already answered the first part of this, so I'll just talk about costume removal. It is possible to remove costumes from the mascot bears, but will usually require cutting of some kind, at least of seams. With the new seated position, I imagine the straps are considerably more difficult to get naked than the badges.^^

This is just me speaking from memory and image, though. I intentionally do not collect the badges and straps. I have been given some as gifts a few times, but I don't want to feel pressured to by them every time, so I made a deal with myself a long time ago that I can buy whatever costumes and merchandise I want as long as I don't try to collect all the straps/badges. I do, however, have a lot of the plastic straps, so I'm not sure how much of a difference this has actually made!