Page 26 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293651 ... LastLast

• Become part of MY world!

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Oh never mind! They did come today! They are so cute!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• I love that tiny bear!

Thanks for the quick answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    I got the Sweet Duffy straps from this year. They're the same size as the magnets and function the same.
    Wait...the straps don't actually have magnets in them, do they??? I thought they were sewn sitting down...? Or are you just saying the size is the same? Just need to be sure (if they HAVE magnets in them then I MUST have them, LOL...otherwise, I'm still debating between sizes).

I showed my mom the Duffy Christmas page and she fell in love...now she must have a couple of the dressed tiny bears too, LOL. She said she wants the straps, and has confirmed she is OK with spending the money. (Good news for me; that will lower my shipping!) So depending, I MAY end up buying the badges so that we will have different Duffy merch. Still have a bit of time to decide, I suppose.

It will be interesting to see if these sweaters will come off OK (since they are knit/presumably have a little stretch), or if I'll have to do some snipping.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My package was attempted to be delivered today, but I wasn't home all day as I was at Busch Gardens Bash with Theme Park Review (spent 15 hours in the park and I am POOPED). They left a card on my door that the package can be picked up Monday at my local branch, which I'll do then.

• Future Imagineer! =D

We got our package today!!!! You should have seen my mom and I run to the door!!! Oh man, we were so excited!

My Shellie is gorrrgeous. Her and Duffy are already getting along great, she's of course talking about her adventures in Japan

I AM COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THE MAPS AND RIDE DESCRIPTIONS! They are so darn exciting. My older sister came over today and we went over all of them and she jumped up and told my mom about TDS having a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride and went on a rant about how DL's use to be so cheesy!

Will post some pictures soon! Thank you so very much! We all three love our Shellies and we found everything to be very interesting. And I mean everything, from the candies and Shellie's right down to the bag they were shipped in!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

The plush straps don't have magnets in them. They are the same size as the magnet plush though. The sitting bears are smaller, but not by much.

What's interesting is that there used to be 3 sizes of plush straps. There were the big ones, with a safety pin on the back. Then, there were the cell phone straps which were a little smaller, and then the sitting plush wich were the smallest of the 3. This Christmas, they have only released two, the smaller cell strap, and the little sitting strap.

I'm sure, with some creative snipping, you can remove the costumes. Just make sure you're VERY careful, if you want to preserve the sweaters.

Like DuffyD, I also promised myself I wouldn't collect all of the badges. I've only bought ones I really liked, and I feel ok with that.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Like DuffyD, I also promised myself I wouldn't collect all of the badges. I've only bought ones I really liked, and I feel ok with that.
    Thank you! I am not looking to collect the badges per se, either. My thing is that I think the tiny magnet-sized Duffy is the cutest thing ever (and frankly my budget doesn't quite allow for the fabulous TDS full-sized bear clothes either; even a regular US Duffy is a bit more than I want to spend, given it's $50 just to get a bear with an outfit). Plus I love the tiny one because I can take him almost anywhere and get cute photos, whereas it feels like a production to take larger things around, even if it's crazy exhilarating.

But the sweaters are adorable and I love them! They are also something I couldn't possibly make myself (I could possibly make the CCX outfits, or a reasonable facsimile, if I tried). So the badges or straps really appeal to me.

And their amazing-ness apparently appeals to my mom who without hesitation said she had to have a set of the little straps. LOL

I also do not have much Duffy stuff, so having an extra little plushie Duffy and Shellie May (without clothes) to put somewhere will be nice.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I finally got home to open my package today. I spent so long just opening everything and looking at it. I love it all, and I'm so happy, DuffyDaisuki! Thanks for everything, and my bear family is very happy right now.

Went to the post office today and picked up my package. The sailor costume is SO cute! Since my main Duffy is up north having "surgery" on his foot, my backup Duffy agreed to model for photos.

Tippy Blue is adorable as well! I like how the blue "tips" on his wings and tail look airbrushed. And he has "hidden Mickeys" on his feet like Duffy!

Thanks for including the story papers for my mom, which was totally unexpected. I'm keeping it a surprise for when she comes down for the winter next month. I found the little Duffy candies too! Those are staying in the wrappers. So cute!

• Munchings & Crunchings

I got a Duffy candy too, and was happy that I finally got to try one. I've never bought any of the perishable items, for some reason. So, today, I ate it, LOL. I kept the wrapper though. It tasted good, it's apple tea flavor, and it tasted like it should. I love how Japanese flavored candy always tastes "right". Even if it's fake flavoring, they get the compound down so it tastes authentic.

Oh I agree about the Japanese candy. It's awesome. I have a Japanese/Asian market not too far away and I go in there from time to time to pick up packages of Hi-Chews and Kasugi fruit gummies. I love those fruit gummies. The orange ones taste like orange juice. The apple ones taste like apple juice. The muscat (green grape) ones taste like actual green grapes!

• Become part of MY world!

Haha, I didn't even realize there was a candy until a few hours into playing with Duffy and Shellie May and my bf found it on the floor! haha! I'm so tempted to try it, but I wanna keep it in it's wrapper! All the little surprises were so cute and greatly appreciated! Makes it worth using your service! Thanks a million times DuffyD! What you do for the fans is an amazing service! And we all greatly appreciate it! Sending much Duffy Love your way!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

You guys are really sweet! Thank you all for supporting Duffy Post. I know sometimes I get a little "overzealous" (charitably) with my passion for what I see as the authentic Japanese Duffy. It is never my intention to turn anyone off of Duffy; quite the contrary. I only hope that everyone can understand what Duffy is about from the people who have been most willing to invest in him.

In many ways, Wish Listers, who make so much effort to keep up with what's happening in Tokyo and who support TDS costumes and merchandise, are among the most hardcore fans. Nothing beats the sewing genius fans who create their own original, magical costumes. But WLs have to work harder than Tokyo locals like me who can just stroll over to TDR for the next Duffy thing. I appreciate you so much.

I fear sometimes I sound like I'm just beating a drum trying to get everyone to agree with me or rally against Disney. That's not my agenda (although rallying Disney for change is something I highly favor^^). I want American Duffy and Hong Kong Duffy and Parisian Duffy and all Duffys to be just as Duffy as Tokyo Duffy. I just don't want the Duffy that OLC and fans created - the Duffy with soul, the Duffy that lives in dreams and inspires the imagination - I don't want to see that vision muddled or lost. I would rather people not know Duffy at all than know only the hollowed-out shell spectre version that they revile as a cheap marketing gimmick.

When people are happy with the items they get from Duffy Post, I am happy. When people see Tokyo quality and understand that such meticulous attention to detail literally creates a different character, I am truly satisfied. When that happens, I feel that the Duffy Post has actually lived up to its mission. And when you tell other Duffy/Disney fans or the Walt Disney Company itself, when you demand that people take Duffy just a little bit seriously and treat him with a little respect, I am beyond satisfied. I feel that perhaps I have contributed in some tiny way to the longevity of Duffy's validity and that perhaps his true place in Disney history will someday be understood and respected by all, just like Mickey or Donald or Goofy.

On another note, I'm so happy that people finally started noticing the trick-or-treat candies!^^ And I'm very happy that nothing broke in transit. I was nervous about a few things.

Aimster, the couch and wall were just made for Duffy photos in that outfit, right? So nice!

LittleImagineer, I'm so glad you guys are glad. That must've been especially fun because all of you guys were getting stuff together. Must've been fun for your Shellies to travel that way, too. They were so chatty when I took them to the post office. Were they still talking up a storm when they arrived at your house? I was afraid your post officer might be a little shocked. When I sent them, they were chatttering away in Japanese, but I've heard them speaking Vietnamese, Portuguese and Russian, too. Apparently Duffys and Shellies are fluent in all languages. Of course, they spoke to me in English, telling me which "other girls" to choose - they had all been friends since being made in the big Co-op Workshop, and they were terrified they'd be separated once they got put out at Aunt Peg's. You wouldn't believe how much they hugged me once they'd all been reunited! I kept having to pry them off my head and put them back in their bag. "Girls, I'm very happy for you, but I've got to finish shopping for everyone else now, too!"^^ I hope they still have plenty of chances to get together and swap stories about their individual adventures with their new Tenders.^^

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Must've been fun for your Shellies to travel that way, too. They were so chatty when I took them to the post office. Were they still talking up a storm when they arrived at your house? I was afraid your post officer might be a little shocked. When I sent them, they were chatttering away in Japanese, but I've heard them speaking Vietnamese, Portuguese and Russian, too. Apparently Duffys and Shellies are fluent in all languages. Of course, they spoke to me in English, telling me which "other girls" to choose - they had all been friends since being made in the big Co-op Workshop, and they were terrified they'd be separated once they got put out at Aunt Peg's. You wouldn't believe how much they hugged me once they'd all been reunited! I kept having to pry them off my head and put them back in their bag. "Girls, I'm very happy for you, but I've got to finish shopping for everyone else now, too!"^^ I hope they still have plenty of chances to get together and swap stories about their individual adventures with their new Tenders.^^
    SQUEEEEEEEE, that is the most adorable thing I have read all month! <3

I also love the part about Duffys and Shellies being fluent in all languages.

• Future Imagineer! =D

LittleImagineer, I'm so glad you guys are glad. That must've been especially fun because all of you guys were getting stuff together. Must've been fun for your Shellies to travel that way, too. They were so chatty when I took them to the post office. Were they still talking up a storm when they arrived at your house? I was afraid your post officer might be a little shocked. When I sent them, they were chatttering away in Japanese, but I've heard them speaking Vietnamese, Portuguese and Russian, too. Apparently Duffys and Shellies are fluent in all languages. Of course, they spoke to me in English, telling me which "other girls" to choose - they had all been friends since being made in the big Co-op Workshop, and they were terrified they'd be separated once they got put out at Aunt Peg's. You wouldn't believe how much they hugged me once they'd all been reunited! I kept having to pry them off my head and put them back in their bag. "Girls, I'm very happy for you, but I've got to finish shopping for everyone else now, too!"^^ I hope they still have plenty of chances to get together and swap stories about their individual adventures with their new Tenders.^^
    Oh yes, they've been chattering soo much!! They were happy to finally get out of the bag and get some fresh air Our mail lady looked at us like we were some crazy kooks when we ran to the door shouting!

Our Shellie's and Duffy's are gonna be quite the world travelers! They'll be joining us on our cruise soon! My mom has outfits for her Shellie and Duffy to dress them up everynight! Last time we went on a Disney cruise, our stateroom host would set her Duffy up on the bed and make him cool things out of towels

On another note, how do the Japanese pronounce ShellieMay's name? When you ask the Japanese tourists about her they pronounce it as SherrieMay, with the r's instead of l's. It's actually quite cute!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• Lemony Goodness

^^^Cutest, most sweetest thing I've ever heard! My Shellie sure does talk a lot about how DuffyDaisuki brought a bunch of her friends and tenders together. DD, she can't seem to thank you enough : ) She doesn't bother me too much but Duffy sometimes rolls his eyes a bit when she goes on a particularly long rant haha.