Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

DuffyDaisuki, I'm interested in getting a few outfits from the Be Magical release - assuming the park reopens by your shopping date.

PM me, thanks!

I was in Tokyo right before the earthquake and brought home a Duffy...I'm afraid he needs more clothes.

how do I order a shelliemay I can't travel to tokyo and they are over a hundred dollars on ebay?

• ~*Princess*~

Figured I'd ask here since it does relate to this :P

Do you think the Sweet Duffy outfits will still be in when you revisit in May? Or probably not?

*just trying to figure out costs and things* XD
    Last edited by Wondering; 04-12-2011 at 05:23 AM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    Do you think the Sweet Duffy outfits will still be in when you revisit in May? Or probably not?
    Probably definitely not, I'm afraid. Tokyo seasonal release schedules are meticulously crafted as limited time events, so they start on a pre-announced day and either sell out (usually) or are "retired" at the end of business hours on the last day of the event. In the case of Sweet Duffy, that was 3/14. I cannot imagine that any of the remaining Sweet Duffy merchandise other than the storybook will be sold anywhere but auction sites ever again. This kind of reliable responsibility with event and merchandising planning is part of what makes Duffy so successful here.

Hello From Cape Cod releases, though, should be available until they sell out...so maybe the Heartful Sailor outfits will still be around, though I honestly doubt it. And there are a few costumes that are available year-round: Travel Set, Salopette, T-shirt and......I think there's one more???

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Probably definitely not, I'm afraid. Tokyo seasonal release schedules are meticulously crafted as limited time events, so they start on a pre-announced day and either sell out (usually) or are "retired" at the end of business hours on the last day of the event. In the case of Sweet Duffy, that was 3/14. I cannot imagine that any of the remaining Sweet Duffy merchandise other than the storybook will be sold anywhere but auction sites ever again. This kind of reliable responsibility with event and merchandising planning is part of what makes Duffy so successful here.

Hello From Cape Cod releases, though, should be available until they sell out...so maybe the Heartful Sailor outfits will still be around, though I honestly doubt it. And there are a few costumes that are available year-round: Travel Set, Salopette, T-shirt and......I think there's one more???
    Yeah, I figured as much My main reason for asking was because of what happened with the Earthquake and Tsunami. It's nice of them to be punctual with that <3 I remember when I was in Tokyo Disney near the end of November and we went to sleep with Halloween decorations and woke up to Christmas. I wasn't sure if I was more excited or in awe/shock.

That's nice to know Thanks for the info <3 *notes on her list* I'd like to hope one day, I can have this list but something tells me I won't. XD

• Adventures with Duffy

I was wondering if they were going to off Sweet Duffy items a bit longer due to all that has happened and the parks being closed. I understand why they may not keep the Sweet Duffy items available on the shelves but it would be nice if they offered them if you asked for them or by mail order. giving everyone a change to get the items they may not have been able to get. Showing some Duffy love to people who could really use it right now.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I see what you're saying, Janell, and I might be wrong, but I really doubt they'll still have Sweet Duffy items for sale. Besides the fact that it would go against their marketing strategy, it would be a very visible reminder while in the parks of the disaster that happened last month. I don't think they would ever choose to do that in that way. Having information about donations at the ticket window or even at cash registers is one thing, but the feeling of, "Oh, right. They didn't sell out of the Sweet Duffy stuff and it's still here cos people were stranded in the parks that day when the trains shut down..." I just don't see that happening.

And I spoke with Guest Relations today. There will be no Duffy merchandise in Bon Voyage or outside DisneySEA, so it won't be available until TDS re-opens. Honestly, this is less concerning to me because I really want Duffy goods right now, but more because Duffy merchandise generates so much revenue. I really do hope they either re-open TDS or sell Duffy items in Bon Voyage or inside TDL because I want the Resort to be making as much money as possible. Donations alone will not speed up recovery; the economy also has to be fluid and moving.

• Adventures with Duffy

I get your thoughts DuffyD. I can see how having Sweet Duffy out may hurt guest because it reminds them of what happened. And no one would want that. Maybe with what ever they have left over, maybe they will offer it next year during Sweet Duffy, if that wouldn't be in bad taste.

D
    uffeteer

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I get your thoughts DuffyD. I can see how having Sweet Duffy out may hurt guest because it reminds them of what happened. And no one would want that. Maybe with what ever they have left over, maybe they will offer it next year during Sweet Duffy, if that wouldn't be in bad taste.
    That'd be nice--though, I'd like to think considering what Sweet Duffy is for, it could also help people get their minds off it a bit. Still, I see it both ways.

In a different note, I think one thing that could probably help out a lot of people is if you set up a general price list =) Of what's there right now--since they have things that never leave, it'd really just have to be updated/changed when the limited stuff is switched. The site only shows a few things so I figured it'd be a big help :3

Talking Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    That'd be nice--though, I'd like to think considering what Sweet Duffy is for, it could also help people get their minds off it a bit. Still, I see it both ways.

In a different note, I think one thing that could probably help out a lot of people is if you set up a general price list =) Of what's there right now--since they have things that never leave, it'd really just have to be updated/changed when the limited stuff is switched. The site only shows a few things so I figured it'd be a big help :3
    I like the idea of a price list, then we know whats available and whats not, plus it would be easier for wish listers to calculate what duffy/shellie may stuff that they want, so they know what to request when the shopping day comes

• Adventures with Duffy

DuffyD. I know you have said before that you will be shopping in May(I think it was May) Are you still up for that? If so what are the dead lines for having money to you and wish list?

D
    uffeteer

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ I was wondering that as well. I know I still want a Shellie May and her necklace. Just need to know when you'd need the $$ by so I can scrape it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    DuffyD. I know you have said before that you will be shopping in May(I think it was May) Are you still up for that? If so what are the dead lines for having money to you and wish list?
    I was wondering this as well, cause I wanted shellie may her necklace and her skirt outfit, and was wondering when you would start taking payments

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I wrote a long reply to this thread a couple days ago; not sure what happened to it.

I've heard heavy rumor that TDS will open 4/28. That being the case, I'll go 5/9. Wish Lists should be submitted and funds transferred by 4/25. I was hesitant to announce dates with DisneySEA closed. The last thing I want is for any of us to deal with refunds due to park closure. I'm pretty sure now that won't be a problem. I just hope the official site gets updated before our 4/25 D-Day. If not, I can probably extend it a few days. I hate for folks to have to make a list without full product info.

Is anyone interested in "Be Magical!" or other merchandise, or is Duffy info enough? I'll try to do the DisneyFAN update I promised, but if we only really care about Duffy stuff, I won't worry about shooting all of it.^^

Hey DuffyDaisuki, would you also be willing to purchase several "We Are One" wristbands? Thanks!

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast