Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 520272829303132334055 ... LastLast

• Felice Natale!

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Thanks, everyone, for understanding. Confirmation mails were sent out to current WishListers today. If you didn't get one, it means I'm not buying anything for you. Let me know if I've missed anyone.^^

• Adventures with Duffy

Wow, shopping day is almost here. Just wanted to wish DuffyD happy shopping and short lines. Yeah I know I'm dreaming about short lines, a Duffy fan can hope.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Felice Natale!

This may be the last Duffy Post, or at least the last time I go early for release day items. Perhaps I will create a system for folks willing to pay a premium for likely-to-sell-out items. This is total madness. I walked in as the park opened, but didn't wait an hour in the morning. Now my entry time is 12:00!!! I guess it kinda balances out either way.

The thing is, they've got a new system where I wait in line for the ticket to enter the shop first, and then I wait in line to actually enter the shop. I'll have to do this three different times,walking to all three different shops before I finish. Here's hoping I can still grab a FastPass for Tower of Terror on my way from McDuck's (now) to Aunt Peg's (where I'll go next). Right now, this is a total freezing nightmare. I'll definitely buy the Annual Pass before Spring Voyage, so I'll be able to break up trips. The Pass and transportation will make things very expensive, though, so I'm not sure what will happen.

Rain mixed with snow. Crying!^^

that sounds nasty, they should had mention it at the web before sad to heard it was a mess.

Sorry I didn't sent you a response until today, yesterday I had to go to the hematologist , he said I'm a strange case and we stayed until after lunch .

He asked for more exams so I only had free time until later today.

Oh no! So sorry to hear that DuffyD. Thank you SOOO much for braving the crowds, lines, and weather for us WishListers and for the love of Duffy. It does sound like total madness. I hope the day improves and that you get to enjoy the park still.

• I love that tiny bear!

Oh, sorry about your day! Both of you, actually!

DuffyDaisuki, I don't understand how quickly things sell out (would waiting a week make a difference in crowds or sell-outs?). I also don't understand how much time/trouble you'd actually save if you took 2 trips, 1 on release day and 1 on another day. I mean, how much of the trouble is buying the things that aren't release day buys, versus just the trouble of having to be there on release day in the first place?

If you get an annual pass, though, I hope you can actually take some time to ENJOY the parks. (andmaybesharepicsandstorieswithustoo)

• Become part of MY world!

Awwwww *HUGS* I'm sorry to hear that! We really appreciate you doing this for us. But that is absurd! As much as I love OLC and how they operate the parks, sometimes their rules are just too harsh and are more strict on things that are often canon here. It must be frustrating! I really hope you got a few rides in!

And I think if you got an AP, you could probably do multiple trips and would actually pay off itself pretty fast. I think more people would do DuffyPost if they knew you could go more often with a pass(of course, do planed trips, not on our every whim)
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

That has to be really frustrating! Yeah I agree with Ursulalover that sometimes the rules the Japanese put in place are so cumbersome compared to other countries. But I know most Japanese abide by them with no complaints. Still... frustrating!

You know I appreciate all that you do for is with the Post. You really go above and beyond to help spread the Duff love. There's no way I could do what you do as I have the patience of a gnat!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Sorry to hear the trip was a big pain in the butt. It's an...interesting system they have....wait in a line so that you can wait in another line...

Thank you for what you do for Duffypost. I understand why you don't post pictures and stories from any of these Duffypost days, because, well, you haven't got the time, or the extra arms to do it. I think only with an AP would you be able to have days to yourself in the park. Right now, I know for a fact, that these shopping days are all work, because of the way they handle the lines, and the amount of stuff you have to buy and carry. We appreciate it.

• Felice Natale!

I'll tell the long version of the story later, but the cards turned out to be kinda good. Usually they give you the card when you get close to the door and you have to show it to buy stuff. That was still true today, but there was a time printed on the card. Conceivably, you could go do something else til that time and come back...like a FastPass. The thing is, the line and timing are grey areas so it's hard to really know how quickly you'll move inside. Still, they really are trying. I don't envy them. There must've been literally hundreds-but-I-really-think-well-over-a-thousand-if-not-thousands of people shopping there just today, all for Duffy, all at three stores, one of which was designed to be "quaint." That's not easy to manage.

You guys are SO sweet to respond to my WhINEing with CHEESEy kindness! *sugasmax all around*

...ahem...postrave moment...carry on.^^

• when you wish...

Sorry this trip has been less than "sweet" for you, DuffyD. Hugs
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    It's an...interesting system they have....wait in a line so that you can wait in another line...
    That's a little like Disneyland when World of Color first came out...you waited in line to get a Fastpass so you could come back 10 hours later and wait in line for a couple hours to see the show.

Or frankly like getting to Disneyland well before park open. Wait in line so you can go in and wait in lines.

Waiting in line buy merchandise...that's more unusual...I guess here it'd have to be a really limited release item...or else a really big sale.

I'm glad it was kind of a good thing in the end, DuffyD!

• Felice Natale!

Still not ready for the trip report. Just had a dream that woke me up and I made a decision. The percentages will NOT increase. Keeping the Post as an extremely reasonable way to get hand-selected Tokyo goods is very important to me.

After talking with a few friends, WishListers and not, I think the best thing is to have set Shopping Days, probably two a month (in the same week), when up to five people can get in each trip. Each Shopping Trip will be a flat rate of 1100 for the service, and there will be a limit of 2 big-size items and/or 4 breakables per Trip. If you want more big-size items, they'll have to be a separate trip and another 1100. If there are not already 4 other WishListers on your Shopping Day, you can take another 2 big-size items for just 600. There must be five different WLers for the Five-finger discount, so making that happen will always be priority. Positions will be secured on a first-come, first-served basis, with PayPal transfers expected immediately.

One major drawback for me financially is that this will probably mean that each Shopping Trip will total less than 50,000 which is the magic number at which I pay nothing to transfer funds to my bank. That's where the extra 100 above came from. I hope I don't seem too "nickel-and-dime," but I want to be fair to myself, too. For now the minimum will still be just 3000, but we'll have to see how that works in practice. If these changes result in my being able to meet friends, take photos and have fun even on Shopping Days, then I'm probably gonna be fine with it. As Eeee-va alluded to above, what was originally planned as an add-on to park-going has become the primary experience. Hopefully we can balance that out.

With this system, folks who need items that are likely to sell out can really push for the first two trips of any event. Those just ordering costumes and items that are likely to be available later can enjoy more flexibility with D-days and transfers. Each pair of Shopping Days will share the same shipping schedule. The thing I really like is that people will now be able to shop throughout the duration of the event. Plus, there's the option to budget and divide purchases so you don't pay all at once. Also, this system will NOT require at least 3 WLers per trip, but if there are fewer than 3, I may try to combine everyone.

Oh, right! "What are big-size items and breakables?" Costumes, blankets, plush, large trays – anything over 20cm in any dimension is "big." Glassware, porcelain and ceramics are all breakable. I really wanted the breakable limit to be 2 as well, but a few people collect both the plates and cups from the dessert sets and I didn't want to force a separate Trip just to get the complete set. Have mercy with breakables, though!

I'm gonna try getting back to sleep. I'd like to go get a few shipping estimates before work tomorrow. I'm still trying to rest a lot so I don't get sick.^^

---------- Post added 01-23-2012 at 06:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    …Waiting in line buy merchandise...that's more unusual...I guess here it'd have to be a really limited release item...or else a really big sale.
    I had actually missed the frenetic energy of release days a little, and even wondered if "Duffy fever" might be disappating. Not at all. There's even the advance time registration using your Japanese mobile phone - exclusively for Duffy shopping. These bears are just that popular!^^ Even with shopping registration, ticketed return times, larger areas and an extra shopping venue; the demand for Duffy is just overwhelming!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I end up giggling every time you say "five finger discount" because to a lot of people, that's slang for shoplifting. I know you're not stealing anything, but you might want to think of another term to use in its place.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    After talking with a few friends, WishListers and not, I think the best thing is to have set Shopping Days, probably two a month (in the same week), when up to five people can get in each trip. Each Shopping Trip will be a flat rate of 1100 for the service, and there will be a limit of 2 big-size items and/or 4 breakables per Trip. If you want more big-size items, they'll have to be a separate trip and another 1100. If there are not already 4 other WishListers on your Shopping Day, you can take another 2 big-size items for just 600. There must be five different WLers for the Five-finger discount, so making that happen will always be priority. Positions will be secured on a first-come, first-served basis, with PayPal transfers expected immediately.
    Anything that allows people to still get their dose of TDS Duffy while allowing you the opportunity to actually ENJOY a couple (?) of the most beautiful theme parks in the world sounds just wonderful to me.

Hope you are feeling better!