Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 901
  1. #451

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,055

    Thumbs up Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I end up giggling every time you say "five finger discount" because to a lot of people, that's slang for shoplifting. I know you're not stealing anything, but you might want to think of another term to use in its place.
    Actually, that's intentional. I thought it was a cute little pun, like folks are "stealing" an extra 3~5% when there's a group.^^

    Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Anything that allows people to still get their dose of TDS Duffy while allowing you the opportunity to actually ENJOY a couple (?) of the most beautiful theme parks in the world sounds just wonderful to me.

    Hope you are feeling better!
    Wow, Eeee-va, I think you worry about my ENJOYment more than anyone ever! I actually thoroughly enjoy delivering the Duffy Post, but I also like to give all the details so that WishListers understand what they're paying to support, besides OLC's fantastic quality. I think the stories about the weather, the lines, the frenzy…they create an image of the Duffy experience in Tokyo that I imagine people find interesting, and that may even add value to the joy of owning these goods.

    I think for Spring Voyage, though, the Annual Pass will be a worthwhile investment in giving me enough of my own time to just "ENJOY" the event of my dreams!^^ As for TDL, I'll probably go for the summer event and again for Santa Village, but TDS is where it's at for me. I've been to both parks many, many times. It's been ok to focus my energies on the Duffy Post for the past year. It's a lot of work, but I'm always learning from it. I love it and it's meaningful for me to help people get their hands on what I think of as "authentic" Duffy. Thanks for your continued concern, Eeee-va! You are TOO sweet!

  2. #452

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,609

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    You definitely deserve to enjoy some Post-free days at the park. Have fun!

  3. #453

    • Loves Mickey!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Shinurayasu
    Posts
    1,359

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    This may be the last Duffy Post, or at least the last time I go early for release day items. Perhaps I will create a system for folks willing to pay a premium for likely-to-sell-out items. This is total madness. I walked in as the park opened, but didn't wait an hour in the morning. Now my entry time is 12:00!!! I guess it kinda balances out either way.

    The thing is, they've got a new system where I wait in line for the ticket to enter the shop first, and then I wait in line to actually enter the shop. I'll have to do this three different times,walking to all three different shops before I finish. Here's hoping I can still grab a FastPass for Tower of Terror on my way from McDuck's (now) to Aunt Peg's (where I'll go next). Right now, this is a total freezing nightmare. I'll definitely buy the Annual Pass before Spring Voyage, so I'll be able to break up trips. The Pass and transportation will make things very expensive, though, so I'm not sure what will happen.

    Rain mixed with snow. Crying!^^
    Hi DD!
    The new system actually makes things much better for shoppers. It ensures that they will never have another Shelly May situation again and you remember how awful that was. Instead of being stuck in the lines for hours like it used to be there is very little wait now due to the store FP. The goods limit is to make it better for the resort guests too because is to make it more difficult for re-sellers so they do not buy massive amounts of goods that sell out and are resold again online. Instead of going on the release day I recommend going the next weekday which will have absolutely no line especially since it's rare for things to sell out now and it will be much easier for you!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

  4. #454

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,055

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Yeah, like I was saying earlier, it turned out to be kinda good. The only drawback was that it meant crossing the park a few times to collect tickets from each shop. In the future, though, Ichigo is right; they seem to finally be stocking in reasonable proportion so that things don't sell out too fast. I think it's great that they're slowing down people who are just stockpiling as much as they can to sell off later, though. That's crap.

    I'll still go opening day for Spring Voyage, but to take photos and report about the event. The first Shopping Day will most likely be 4/10.^^

  5. #455

    •   
    • White Water Snacker!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    156

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I'll still go opening day for Spring Voyage, but to take photos and report about the event. The first Shopping Day will most likely be 4/10.^^
    I have to get in on this one because I really want to get a Shellie May because I'm Duffy is lonely and wants some company.I'm just going to need some help on how to convert dollars to yen on paypal.

  6. #456

    • I love that tiny bear!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Quote Originally Posted by huskydawg View Post
    I have to get in on this one because I really want to get a Shellie May because I'm Duffy is lonely and wants some company.I'm just going to need some help on how to convert dollars to yen on paypal.
    I had no trouble; you just tell PayPal you want to pay in however many yen and it will "convert" for you.

    Now, the conversion rate hurts a LOT. (I remember back in the day when a dollar was worth more than 100 yen!) But that's really not PayPal's fault (though last time, their conversion rate was a bit worse than the market rate) .

  7. #457

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,609

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Yeah the PayPal conversion rate compared to the market rate (which I look up on xe.com) was not great this time around. And I still have to send DuffyD my money for shipping (will be doing that tomorrow as it's payday).

  8. #458

    •   
    • White Water Snacker!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    156

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Aimster, is you Shelly May the Medium one or the Small one?

    I want to know because I'm considering buying my cousin a Shelly May too. But if it's 10,000 yen I'm only getting one for me.

  9. #459

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,464

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Quote Originally Posted by huskydawg View Post
    Aimster, is you Shelly May the Medium one or the Small one?

    I want to know because I'm considering buying my cousin a Shelly May too. But if it's 10,000 yen I'm only getting one for me.
    It's the "small" one. There are a bunch of sizes of both the Duffy and ShellieMay plush. You want the one that costs ¥3,800 and is listed on the official site as the "small" one. That one is the same size as the 17" Duffy, and is the one that fits the costumes. The Medium and Large ones are much bigger. Although, if I had a house big enough, and the money, I sure would love a life-size...or at least toddler-size Duffy and Shellie plush!

  10. #460

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,609

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    I have the "small" Shellie May, which is 17" like Duffy. That one costs ¥3800. The "medium" one that costs ¥10,000 is 28", which is BIG.

    ---------- Post added 01-31-2012 at 02:22 PM ----------

    FYI, the price for the 17" Shellie May is a bit spendy, though worth it if you want her bad enough. At current conversion rates, ¥3800 is almost $50 US.

  11. #461

    •   
    • White Water Snacker!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    Posts
    156

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Thanks gurgi and thanks aimster. $50 is more than reasonalbe for me in order to have a Shelly May (anfor Duffy to be happy ). My cousin however looks like she's going to be priced out. We'll see what happens when the day comes.

  12. #462

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,609

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    I'm tempted to get my mom her own Shellie May in a future Post (and then give it to her for Mother's Day or Christmas... I gave her Duffy for Easter last year), because she absolutely adores mine. She's getting a Shellie May badge (the Sweet Duffy one) this time around just so she has *something* Shellie May for now.

  13. #463

    • I love that tiny bear!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,018

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Don't forget the fees and (especially) shipping from Japan as well. I got I think the cheapest shipping and that was still 1500 yen (about $20). I do believe it's the cheapest/best way to get your Shellie May, but she'll cost a lot more than $50 when all is said and done!

  14. #464

    • Become part of MY world!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    657

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    I wanted to get my sis a Shellie May, but she's more interested in Duffy! Haha, she's such a Tom Boy! Haha
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

  15. #465

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,055

    Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

    Now that all the transfers for shipping have been made, the money's moving to my bank account. I plan to ship on 2/10. Hopefully many WishListers will still receive Care Packages in time for Valentine's. Everyone will have their stuff before White Day on 3/14 for sure!^^

Page 31 of 61 FirstFirst ... 212829303132333441 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •