Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 823303132333435364358 ... LastLast

• Become part of MY world!

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Got mine! Wow DuffyD, I can NOT thank you enough! I am so impressed with the packaging and just overall quality of the merch! And I am beyond blown away with the CCC outfits! They are so detailed! They really took Duffy to whole other level with these! It's as human like quality as possible! And what I loved was, no VELCRO! ANYWHERE! Everything is closed up with buttons or zippers, wow, I am just so impressed! Wow OLC, you guys really understand Duffy and really have a great design aesthetic!

---------- Post added 02-13-2012 at 10:34 PM ----------

OMG! Going through more of my stuff! ^^ The heart shaped bubble wrap for the chocolates? I almost died of cuteness! Me and my bf shared one ^^ <3 oh and thanks for the bonus item! The tea spoon(is that what it is? Hehe) is so cute! LOVE YOUR SERVICE!!! :,) I just shed a tear! Thats how happy I am! <3 <3
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Journey On!

Talking Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Because the theme of Sweet Duffy 2010, ShellieMay's debut, was "Sweets for two and two for fun!"

By the way, the
    Spoiler
    "Tea For Two" spoons
    were exclusive lagniappes for CCCers.* I secretly hope one of them posts a photo!^^

*If you're one of the Cannery Clothing Co. WishListers, please don't read the spoiler until you open your Care Package!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-14-2012 at 08:37 AM.

• when you wish...

Here are the goodies I got in the mail today (well, Monday )! I love them! Thanks for spreading the Sweet Duffy love, DuffyD

Name:  ShellieMay.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  142.5 KB
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Journey On!

Thumbs up Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Yay!

Oops! I almost forgot to mention, disneymademoiselle...

Yours was the only Shellie magnet this time, and she came from Aunt Peg's. She was quite proud of that and specifically ordered me to be sure her new Tender knew it.

Also, while she was truly touched by the thought of being adopted, she asked if she could wait until after Sweet Duffy cos she loves flowers. I told her that Spring Voyage would have lots of flowers, too. To which she replied, "Well after that, then?" in her sweet little voice.

I explained that her new Tender was probably missing her already.

She said, rather wistfully, "Yeah… I already miss her, too, but these flowers are so pretty!"

So I told her that maybe her new home would have flowers, too.

"YOU REALLY THINK SO?!" Her eyes got very big.

"Maybe," I answered hopefully.

She smiled with a quiet and deep satisfaction that said, "OK, let's go."

Seeing your comforter, I'm relieved I was right. And she's smiling that same satisfied smile.^^

Also, I think I sent you the cutest towels by mistake; I meant to keep those ones for myself!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-14-2012 at 08:49 AM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Mine will be at home waiting for me to open tonight! The only thing is that I MUST finish my homework before I can open them, or I'll be in trouble...with myself. With these packages I take forever opening and looking at and enjoying every single thing, so I have to make sure I'm done with my work. It's been (and will be) a crazy busy week for me, but I can't wait to see my Duffy stuff.

Oh, and DuffyD, I'm putting my blinders on and pretending I didn't see what you wrote up there about the "Tea for Two" thing...I want to be surprised at every turn!

• Journey On!

Durn, durnit!

---------- Post added 02-15-2012 at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    ...I am beyond blown away with the CCC outfits! They are so detailed! They really took Duffy to whole other level with these! It's as human like quality as possible! And what I loved was, no VELCRO! ANYWHERE! Everything is closed up with buttons or zippers, wow, I am just so impressed! Wow OLC, you guys really understand Duffy and really have a great design aesthetic!
    Right? It really is incredible this time, I think! Jaw-dropping greatness! Even the "Cape Cod DisneySEA" printing on the back that I was a bit skeptical about, is so much more subtle and sophisticated in person that I don't just "accept" it - I'm happy it's there as a proud banner of the quality. I REALLY these CCC sets!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    OMG! Going through more of my stuff! ^^ The heart shaped bubble wrap for the chocolates? I almost died of cuteness! Me and my bf shared one ^^ <3 oh and thanks for the bonus item! The tea spoon(is that what it is? Hehe) is so cute! LOVE YOUR SERVICE!!! :,) I just shed a tear! Thats how happy I am! <3 <3
    I didn't get the chocolates for myself, so I didn't see the heart-shaped bubble wrap! Lucky! I wanna see! And I'm SO glad you're so happy! That's the best thing ever!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-14-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Got my package yesterday too! DH told me it arrived earlier in the day and I had to sit all day at work thinking about it. Boy are the CCC costumes gorgeous! Even more impressive in person with all the fine details like Ursulalvr mentioned, though, they pretty much already had me at the cute zippered garment bags they came in!

The mug, plate, and clear bowl are beautiful too. They are too pretty and precious to be used for anything that would require serious (hand) washing that might eventually damage the graphics, but perhaps they can hold cookies or jelly beans! The cookie tin is so adorable. I can't wait to try the cookies!

And the Sweet Duffy costumes are sooo cute too. Just love love love both sets, but especially Duffy's.

Last but most certainly not least, thank you thank you DuffyD for the very special lagniappe. It was such a wonderful surprise!!!

• when you wish...

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Yay!

Oops! I almost forgot to mention, disneymademoiselle...

Yours was the only Shellie magnet this time, and she came from Aunt Peg's. She was quite proud of that and specifically ordered me to be sure her new Tender knew it.

Also, while she was truly touched by the thought of being adopted, she asked if she could wait until after Sweet Duffy cos she loves flowers. I told her that Spring Voyage would have lots of flowers, too. To which she replied, "Well after that, then?" in her sweet little voice.

I explained that her new Tender was probably missing her already.

She said, rather wistfully, "Yeah… I already miss her, too, but these flowers are so pretty!"

So I told her that maybe her new home would have flowers, too.

"YOU REALLY THINK SO?!" Her eyes got very big.

"Maybe," I answered hopefully.

She smiled with a quiet and deep satisfaction that said, "OK, let's go."

Seeing your comforter, I'm relieved I was right. And she's smiling that same satisfied smile.^^

Also, I think I sent you the cutest towels by mistake; I meant to keep those ones for myself!
    Oh my goodness, this made my entire day You could not have picked a more perfect "baby" ShellieMay to come into my life. She is so happy to be with her bigger sister, who also has an affinity for all things girly and flowery like she does

I hope I'm lucky enough to bring her back to Aunt Peg's one day, especially when there will be lots of flowers for her to enjoy
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

• Journey On!

Talking Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    ...The mug, plate, and clear bowl are beautiful too. They are too pretty and precious to be used for anything that would require serious (hand) washing that might eventually damage the graphics, but perhaps they can hold cookies or jelly beans!...
    I am SOOOO relieved that your dishes didn't break! There were so many this time! I can't wait to get a 100% "safe" report so I can completely exhale! I am always nervous from the moment I leave the post office until the moment I hear from the last person. Please, let me know as soon as possible other breakables folks!

Quote Originally Posted by madoka View Post
    Last but most certainly not least, thank you thank you DuffyD for the very special lagniappe. It was such a wonderful surprise!!!
    Aw, THANK YOU! I really wanted to find something unexpected, not officially Disney and still somehow directly relevant for CCCers. I know those sets are a big purchase, and I just love knowing that I helped people get them. Still now, they completely blow me away.

Also, this year's Sweet Duffy marks the very first time ShellieMay has had a reissued variant costume as the major release, and her second anniversary. It happened with Heartful Sailor, too, but that really felt like it was because the first Heartful Sailors were under-produced and they wanted to give more fans a chance to get them. They were basically identical to the first ones, minus shoes and with minimal change. These are a totally different costume on the same theme, and to me that demonstrates ShellieMay's longevity. She has for some time, really, but certainly now feels as bonafide and timeless as Duffy. It's as if there were always two, or at least there were always meant to be.^^

Doesn't it really feel like ShellieMay has been bringing joy much longer than two years? It's almost unimaginable to me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by disneymademoiselle View Post
    Oh my goodness, this made my entire day You could not have picked a more perfect "baby" ShellieMay to come into my life. She is so happy to be with her bigger sister, who also has an affinity for all things girly and flowery like she does

I hope I'm lucky enough to bring her back to Aunt Peg's one day, especially when there will be lots of flowers for her to enjoy
    I'm so happy she found you! I do hope you can bring her back to Aunt Peg's, too! For Duffy fans, the experience of Cape Cod now cannot possibly be conveyed in photos or stories. I think especially for fans outside Japan, who may often face people not being able to understand at all what the big deal is (which was true here, too, for a long time but never "anti-Duffy"), stepping into Cape Cod and seeing an entire area of the park devoted to this character is extremely satisfying. It's not just his face plastered all over everything, either. Duffy and Cape Cod have a deeply symbiotic relationship, inspired by and inspiring each other. Especially if there is another Spring Voyage next year during the 30th Anniversary , I hope we can seriously consider a Duffeteer Meet-up!^^

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Especially if there is another Spring Voyage next year during the 30th Anniversary , I hope we can seriously consider a Duffeteer Meet-up!^^
    Do you have a time machine? I would like to start saving 10 years ago.

• Become part of MY world!

Haha, sorry for getting back to you on the breakables! My mugs came in perfect condition thank you! They're so nice I don't even want to use them! Haha, actually that's how I felt about a lot of the things I got! They're so nice I didn't want to open them and break the new feeling of them! Haha! But I love it all so much! Thanks again!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I want to post some photos of my DuffyPost, but I think I'll do it in the photo thread. I took forever opening everything last night. It was cool that it was also Valentine's night, even though I didn't have a special valentine to spend it with, Duffy and ShellieMay kept me company, and so did DuffyD.

Everything was great, and I just love the details so much more in person. The only issue I had was that one of my breakables...well, broke. But, it's ok, I'll get it fixed. Everything else was perfect. I'll talk more when I post pictures, but I have to say that I knew that the quality of all of the costumes would be good, but even I was surprised at how nice everything was this time. It exceeded my expectations.

The Sweet Duffy costumes are even cuter than last year's versions, and I didn't think that was possible. The quality got bumped up too. ShellieMay's lace, and even the pinstriped lining inside her shoes. The "mother of pearl" heart buttons, the two-toned ribbon...it's all so nicely done.

The 10th Anniversary "Be Magical" series 2 costumes also were beyond what I expected. They are very sparkly in person. Pictures didn't do them justice. They are also very well made. Even ShellieMay's panties, which you don't really see, are layered with lace and have gold thread woven in. The lace has subtle flower patterns on it.

Then, the Cannery Clothing Company costumes, wow! There is one detail that I never knew about, and it was a complete surprise. I noticed on Duffy's jacket, a small brown button. I thought, "oh, that's a cute detail". Then...I noticed more, all the way around the interior edge of the collar. The reason is that it can be completely removed! So, he has a fleece collar for the cold, and then you can take it off and the jacket has a normal collar with gold buttons underneath! It's just amazing that they created such versatile clothes. So, when I looked at ShellieMay's poncho, it also had the same little buttons all the way around. Her fur collar can also be removed! It's just so much better than I thought. Also, this second series pushed the quality and amount of items up a bit, and I can see why the price went up. I hope it doesn't go up anymore, but I love this series!

Oh, and the special gift DuffyD added in was so cute! I took pictures of it to post. Also, he gave me Duffy and ShellieMay cookies and they were so tasty! I hesitated about eating them, but then caved and I'm glad I did. Duffy's tasted like tea, and was so delicious. I'm going to have to start buying the snacks from now on, they're really yummy.

• You have much to learn...

I know I'm always the last to reply- I got my package this past Monday & everything arrived fine- including my plate- thanks Duffy Daisuki. I left a note on my door to deliver the package to my neighbor- which he did, so I didn't have to run up to the post office.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I forgot to mention I had a Shellie May cookie in my goodie bag. Too scared to eat it so I put it with the other cookies & candies I've received in previous Posts.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I forgot to mention I had a Shellie May cookie in my goodie bag. Too scared to eat it so I put it with the other cookies & candies I've received in previous Posts.
    It's really yummy! Strawberry white chocolate flavor...mmmm!