Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1025323334353637384560 ... LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

The one I bought for my nephew that had the new fur and looked exactly as Aimster described was made in Vietnam, like the TDS Duffy bears. I looked at the tag specifically because I noticed the extreme drop in quality, so I wondered where it was made. So, I'm guessing a different factory in Vietnam? I can't be certain, but I also don't see how they could be made in the same place as the OLC version, with it's nicer fur and better construction...it would have to be two separate production lines for this to happen. So, that's why I guess they changed factories.

This is so endemic to Disney, and it's why I am a much less enthusiastic fan than I once was. They've become focused on profit, and although some of their designs are cute, they are so focused on maximizing profit at the expense of quality, that I can no longer support that. I spend my money on things I like, and one thing I like is quality. I refuse to pay top dollar for inferior goods. I've learned this lesson with clothes (for humans, LOL) as well. It makes a difference, to me at least. I used to not care, but not anymore.

• Become part of MY world!

Maybe they are produced in the same factory and Disney tries to get the defective ones first before getting the higher quality. Which could explain why some are reporting the Duffy's aren't as bad. I wouldn't put it over Disney to do this either and it'd be pretty sickening if true.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

But the fur is completely different. It's not like they are using defective versions of the same bears. It would mean something went horribly wrong at the factory to turn out all these "defective" ones with strange fur, misshapen heads, and overstuffed bodies. If you were to hold an "original" Duffy and one of the recent ones, you could tell how different the fur feels. The new one feels silkier at first, but you can tell it's a thinner fabric. If you squeeze Duffy's ear, you can tell how thin it is. Also, the seams in this new fur are much more pronounced, so he doesn't look as well made as he did before.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yes the fur is a totally different kind than what was used before. It looks like a waffle pattern or something like that. It just looks weird and more like something you'd win as a carnival prize, not a souvenir at a Disney park. It just looks... BAD. I wonder what the fur/material is like on the Duffys in Hong Kong and Paris now? I have a friend who's a CM in Paris so I can ask them to look and report back. Anyone going to HKDL soon who can do a "quality check" and report back here?

So glad to find more Duffy & Shellie May lovers!! I used to have a website for Duffy fans called Duffy Adventures where people could submit photos of their Duffy or Shellie May in places all over the world. Sadly no one ever submitted so I shut it down. Thinking of starting it back up again if anyone might possibly be interested Yay Duffy!!

•   
    • White Water Snacker!

Hey... I'm just wondering when the next Duffy Post is going to be. Not to be pushy... just don't want to miss out.

EDIT: 100th post!

Not too worry, it seems that DD is quite good a updating/creating the post with the relevant information and due dates in it. It will align with Duffy's Spring Voyage which starts on 03 Apr. Take a look at the Duffy Spring thread already on the boards for the merchandise that should be coming out. http://micechat.com/forums/duffy-dis...30-2012-a.html

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I would like to make a Wish List please

DCfan92 welcome to the forum. If you have not already done so, go to the first post of the shopping forum to read up on how to start with the shopping service and wish list. This will give you in ins and outs. Then there are special events, right now DuffyD has in the Spring Voyage forum post 157, the items that you could request from the event. If you are under aged, you'll need your parent(s) to make contact with DuffD, as outlined in post 1.

If you have other questions, just ask on the forum.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Hi DD,
    I would love to participate in the next shopping day. I absolutely need some Spring Voyage items for my buddy Duffy.
    Thanks!

• Felice Natale!

By the way, I won the lottery for the Spring Charm Accessory Reservation Service for 4/3! Submitted this morning, but was too distracted by "Traveling Duffy" and my real job to post.^^

I'll be able to get all the Charms and AlphaParts in one go. Just SIX more times in and out of line at the same insanely busy shop to get all the Base Rings!

The good news is, it makes me feel less hesitation about the Annual Pass. It would be absolutely impossible to get everyone's stuff without it this time...or at least very impractical!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow, I'm very happy to hear you won the lottery to get the charms. It still sounds...uh, less than fun to get in line over and over again, but it would have been worse without the lottery. Thank you!

I'm also really glad that you won the lottery in order to get the Charms and AlphaParts and hope that it makes it a bit easier for you to get those for your self and all those Duffy fans that you are shopping for.

• Adventures with Duffy

Yay for winning the lottery. To bad it wasn't for money. lol I hope this makes your life easier. Sounds like it does. I wonder if some day TDS will have a email us your shopping list and we will have it ready for you at the front gates. They do that for some special events here at DL. Kind of nice. Although you don't get to pick your own stuff, so that may be a bummer.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Yay for winning the lottery. To bad it wasn't for money. lol
    No kidding, especially with SV spending!

I have to say, though, "Traveling Duffy" makes me want to spend even more just to support the event as much as I can! It's SO GREAT! A major part of this event will be online, revealed step by step every day, so that all of us Duffeteers are sharing the experience in real-time in a very real way!

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I hope this makes your life easier. Sounds like it does. I wonder if some day TDS will have a email us your shopping list and we will have it ready for you at the front gates. They do that for some special events here at DL. Kind of nice. Although you don't get to pick your own stuff, so that may be a bummer.
    It really does make my life easier, cos it's like one line already taken care of. Plus, I could really take my time checking and rechecking everything, as no one was waiting behind me. I didn't have to wait in line to reserve and then come back again later to pick up. If only there wasn't a 2-item limit on the Base Rings. I mean, at least one of EACH should be possible in one go, I think. It honestly seems like that would've been better for CMs, too. I'm sure they made plenty of these to go around, right?

Ah, well. I'll just have to try and get it done as quick as I can. I'm wondering if I should actually head to this line first, before other shopping. What do you guys think?

I just had an idea! Since this is a general event, maybe there won't be an item limit! That would be like a beam of pure light shining down from the heavens!

Not being able to hand-select would be a deal breaker for me, though. That's the best part!^^