Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1126333435363738394661 ... LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

And I personally LOVE that you hand select everything because it means I'll get something special. It's a gamble when you buy from somebody who doesn't care, but DuffyD always makes sure to get "the best one" of anything. Thoughtful shopping like that is one huge reason to use DuffyPost. Not to mention sharing excitement here.

It has been a while since I have had time login to Mice Chat. Duffy and I have been very busy traveling and working long hours. In the past two months Duffy has been to Saipan, Guam, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, and several places in the US including Hawaii with a brief visit at the new Disney Resort.

Good to have sometime to catch up on forum.

• Felice Natale!

It's supposed to rain again tomorrow, as it seems to do every day that I don't work. But I have every intention of waking up early and trying to beat the rain to the post office to get shipping estimates. The weather report actually suggests the rain may start tonight, though, so it's uncertain. Everyone make "teru teru bozu!"^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

LOL, can I make one out of a napkin? Here's a picture of some, just in case.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Hello! I'm brand-spankin' new to the forum having literally just discovered this thread yesterday. Your passions for Duffy and Shellie May and your warm openness encouraged me to take a chance and say, "Hello!" So, again, "Hello!" I'm just beginning to dip my toes into the TDS Duffy waters, and I would really like a Shellie May bear (17-inch version) companion for my currently-dressed-as-Captain Jack Sparrow Duffy (17-inch US version) and Captain Jack Bearrow (BAB version). I also wouldn't mind a TDS Duffy, but he may have to wait until I embark on a second shopping day. From the descriptions in the post, how TDS does everything sounds...amazing to say the least, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by everything.

I would like to know when the next shopping day will be. From this thread and the Sea Voyage one, I assume I just missed the most recent shopping day. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations about outfits or particular items I should put on my wish list. I definitely want Shellie May, her heart-shaped shell necklace, and Duffy's message-in-a-bottle necklace. I just don't know which, or any, TDS outfits I should buy for Shellie May. I intend to dress her in the Star Wars Jedi Robe outfit they released recently in the US. I know it's crazy, but I love hoodies and the Star Wars outfit has a hoodie, so it seems like a natural fit. I also plan to make a Tron outfit. Having given you a bit of my tastes (hoodies, Tron, light-up), should I consider buy ingthe skirt, in which she is generally advertised, or should I consider buying a different outfit? Sorry for the long post. End of Line.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Hi, ZTRinZler, welcome! It's great that people are discovering the joys of TDS Duffy. It's just such a different thing from what the US does.

Yeah, unfortunately you missed the latest shopping trip. DuffyDaisuki has mentioned the possibility of doing a June trip near the end of Spring Voyage, but he did not confirm that, it was more of a thought. If there are no more Spring Voyage shopping trips, then the next one would be either for anything special during summer (which there has been nothing mentioned yet) or Halloween. That one is definite.

You could contact him to do a special shopping trip, but the fees are higher for that, since it's a special request.

As for outfits for ShellieMay, you really can't go wrong with the skirt & bloomers set. It's inexpensive, and matches the bow she comes with. So, you could just mix it with a t-shirt or top from BAB or something, and it's a perfect casual outfit. It could even go with the Jedi Academy outfit, since there are no pants with that one.

For ShellieMay, there are no other "standard" costumes that are available all year long. Duffy has a couple, but other than her skirt set, that's it. So, you would have to wait for a special event release. Oh, I just realized that the Cannery Clothing Company series might be available all year (while supplies last). Those are much more expensive than a normal costume, but the quality is much higher. They are basically little people clothes, with nice details, zippers, buttons, and no velcro in sight. Belt buckles and buttons are real metal, and things actually work like the "human sized" versions.

If you're going for the TRON, Star Wars look, there is one costume I would recommend. It's not for sale anymore, but if you know how to use Yahoo Auctions Japan, you can find them. It's going to be a bit more pricey than a regular costume, but it's long gone, so it's the only way to get it. It's the Space Mountain Cast Member costume from TDL's 25th anniversary. They released one Duffy costume a month during 2008 into April 2009, and they were all CM costumes from both parks. It's the most futuristic looking Duffy costume that isn't a cartoon character.

The DisneyBearDuffy blog has a picture of it.

I missed out on all of these costumes, because I only found out about Duffy as the 25th ended. It was only because of DuffyDaisuki that I found out about and fell in love with Duffy.
    Last edited by gurgi; 04-27-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Fixing picture links

• Adventures with Duffy

I find that I really like the Halloween, Christmas and Sweet Duffy costumes and tend to save up for those. There have been years I've skipped but there is always something so cute during those times.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    If you're going for the TRON, Star Wars look, there is one costume I would recommend. It's not for sale anymore, but if you know how to use Yahoo Auctions Japan, you can find them. It's going to be a bit more pricey than a regular costume, but it's long gone, so it's the only way to get it. It's the Space Mountain Cast Member costume from TDL's 25th anniversary. They released one Duffy costume a month during 2008 into April 2009, and they were all CM costumes from both parks. It's the most futuristic looking Duffy costume that isn't a cartoon character.

The DisneyBearDuffy blog has a picture of it.

I missed out on all of these costumes, because I only found out about Duffy as the 25th ended. It was only because of DuffyDaisuki that I found out about and fell in love with Duffy.
    Unfortunately, the two photos of the Space Mountain Cast Member costumes didn't show. Would you be able to link to them or try reposting them? Thanks. As for missing the lastest shopping trip, c'est la vie. I have no choice but to wait and hope for either a summer shopping trip or a special request shopping trip. There's a chance I may be able to visit DisneyWorld for a few days the third week in June, so I'll "wish upon a star" for an early June shopping trip.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Here are links to the pics: One, Two.

Edit: Ok, links seem to be picky. Let's try it this way:

http://disneybearduffy.web.fc2.com/duffy/duffy020.jpg
    http://disneybearduffy.web.fc2.com/duffy/duffy020_1.jpg

Copy and paste the URL. Clicking directly leads to an error page. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Danimated; 04-27-2012 at 04:26 PM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I ended up just putting copies of the pics on photobucket, so hopefully now you can see them. The costume is very cute.

Thank you, gurgi, for reposting the pictures. And thank you, Danimated, for posting links to the pictures (twice). The costumes aren't quite what I envisioned for my Tron costumes; nonetheless, I like the costumes: they are futuristic and adorable. I know I saw a thread somewhere offering advice about how to use Yahoo Auctions Japan. I'll have to learn, so that I can hopefully acquire a costume. I could also keep some feelers in ebay, although I'll probably have better luck with Yahoo Auctions Japan.

• Felice Natale!

So the next Shopping Trip will tentatively be 6/13, making the D-day 6/1. I think Spring Voyage is the first time so many WishListers have ever received their Care Packages and then posted about all the things they regretted not getting. Now that we know new CCC outfits are coming, too, I will definitely do one more.

My only concern is that 6/1 may be a little soon for the WishListers from the last trip. If you guys need me to push the date, let me know, but I'd like it to be before 6/30, so that folks who didn't get everything they wanted from Spring Voyage have another chance.^^

PS: ZTRinZler, I got your email. Please try to submit a formal Wish List for the June Trip!

• Adventures with Duffy

I think there was just so many fantastic things with SV, that there is always something you wish you had or could have ordered or had the money for. OLC did an amazing job this time around. (They keep out doing themselves) I hope OLC will do another event like this again. Maybe pick another season, I would love to see Christmas done up with all these cool things with Duffy and Shellie on them. Just please dont do it for a while. I need to save. lol

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Hi everyone~! Nice to meet all Duffy's mummy and daddy here. hehe. I'm a Duffy mummy here too I'm so happy to join the Duffy Family here! Let me start by introducing myself a little I started to collect Duffy since Dec 2011. Got my first Duffy from my boyfriend as a surprise gift which he get from Hong Kong during his business trip. Love them to the max! And now i am looking forward to get ShellieMay to accompany my lonely Duffy at home I have been looking around the internet for her but i was worry about the fake one and then I discovered this forum at last which recommend by many Duffy's fans! SO happy! And i can't express how HAPPY am I after knowing that Daisuki is doing the Spring Voyage again! I have been eyeing on the smilling Spring Voyage version of Duffy and ShellieMay! And yes Daisuki, I am interested to join the wishlist here Please PM me

P/s: Please excuse my bad english I'm a chinese girl from Malaysia. I hope you guys are able to understand. :P

Welcome, trixieBear! I, too, am excited about my first wishlist and about bringing home a ShellieMay for my Duffy.

Did any of the wishlisters from the previous Spring Voyage shopping trip purchase a tote bag or the charms and attachment base? If so, how big is the tote bag? Would it work as a purse or as a bag to carry ShellieMay or Duffy when visiting the theme parks? And how big and heavy is the large base attachment ring? I think I want to get the Shellie May ring and a bunch of alphabets and charms.