Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Welcome DeeGeeDuffy. You'll find that DuffyDaisuki has as the very first post of this thread, instructions on how to order, click Duffy Post Procedure to go to that post item. Scroll down to procedure and it's in step 3. There is a link to the Japanese website. If the items are listed, then it's available for to order from Duffy Post, during one of the shopping trips. To calculate the US equivalent you can use Yahoo Converter to get an approximate conversion rate. Since Duffy Post uses Paypal, their prevailing exchange rate will apply.

If you have other questions, post away.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

That sounds pretty good since Duffy was $30 without his sailor suit. I take him everywhere with me too. Do you know what type of cloths or merchandise they have for the bears in Japan? I'm not sure what is still available, let alone what is even out there. I saw Duffy for the first time last week and have been buying the small amount of merchandisd they do have out for him right now.

Which size Shellie May is closer in size to the 17" Duffy from America?

• I love that tiny bear!

The Small ("S") Shellie May, the 3800 yen one, is the equivalent to the 17" Duffy.

Duffy Post is definitely the way to go if you want a bear (there are a lot of counterfeit Shellie Mays on eBay ) or any other item that you want someone to pick out the very best for you. Your final cost will be a lot more than $48, though, because of (well-earned) fees and shipping.

Of course, if you buy on eBay, there is markup too, AND no guarantee what you're getting is authentic. And if you buy on eBay, almost certainly the items weren't bought with love.

Ok well it does sound better, I just want to make sure that if I order something I will receive it. Also is the Duffy cup plastic or ceramic? Would the sailor Shellie May outfit go well with the American Duffy outfit or woul I have toget the matching sailor outfit in Japan?

• North American Duffeteer

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGeeDuffy View Post
    Ok well it does sound better, I just want to make sure that if I order something I will receive it. Also is the Duffy cup plastic or ceramic? Would the sailor Shellie May outfit go well with the American Duffy outfit or woul I have toget the matching sailor outfit in Japan?
    The Duffy cup is made of high quality plastic.

So it will withstand shipping to america without breaking?

• Felice Natale!

Talking Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Hi, DeeGee! A picture would really help; I'm not sure which cup you mean. But if you're talking about Japan, Duffy cups are generally not plastic, but rather CERAMIC. I'm not sure which cup MikkiMausu is referring to? I'm always nervous about breakables, but I've only had one actually break once, and I was able to replace it for the WishLister with an auction. It was luckily easier than I suspected it would be, but I hope it doesn't ever happen again. I wrap and pack very carefully; it was a fluke.

Welcome to MiceChat, and thanks for your interest in Duffy Post. The next one's not til September, so you've got plenty of time to think. It's a great time to start the Post, too - September to February is the 6-month long Sale Season, with a 5% discount during each of the holiday Duffy Post events!

i was talking about this cup
    What do you mean by sale season and Duffy post events?

---------- Post added 07-10-2012 at 07:26 PM ----------

Also, how do I get a profile picture like everyone else?

• Felice Natale!

That one's ceramic, but I would wrap it, of course. I expect it would be fine.

There are three events coming up: Halloween, Christmas, and Sweet Duffy. From September to February each of these special events has a 5% reduction on the Duffy Post Gratuity, and since these are typically the three biggest merchandise releases, too, it's an exciting time to import.

For anyone planning to use the Duffy Post, it is strongly recommended that you spend some time getting comfortable navigating the TDS Official Duffy Site. Yes, it's in Japanese, but it can be figured out with a small amount of time and effort. I will usually post item names in English here in MiceChat, but all pricing information is there, as well as sizes and dimensions for most items and very clear photos. It is actually not just a "recommendation," but rather an expectation for WishListers explore the official site and become comfortable using it to get information on their own. Plus, it's fun!^^

You can add your Avatar image by going up to the "Settings" menu at the top of the page. You'll find all the options, including "Avatar," on the left sidebar. Have fun!

How soon do they unveil the seasonal costumes and merchandise? Halloween outfits and thinks seeng pretty cute, also what is this?

---------- Post added 07-11-2012 at 05:56 AM ----------

If the picture doesn't come through let me know and I'll repost it

Usually you will find information about the new outfits via a Duffy forum post, where someone is posting links to a Tokyo fan site. The official Tokyo DisneySEA site, seems to be updated a few weeks before the event starts. So you have a couple chances at finding out about what is coming. Duffy Daisuki, has also been very good about starting a new post announcing the shopping day and when the due date is for getting requests in.

Do you think seasonal products from a year or so before will be available? Everyone here is so helpful!!!

for the most part from what I understand is costumes and seasonal items will sell out during events, and be restocked only during the event after the event is over they will pull the item from the shelves.

(somebody please correct me if I'm wrong)

That is correct, unless otherwise noted ALL Duffy costumes are limited edition. Once the event is over or they sell out(whichever comes first) you will never see them in store shelves. Of course there are some year round outfits they always sell like My Friend Duffy outfit and travel set, but all other costumes are limited. Only way to get previous season's outfits are to check on ebay but they sell them at exaggerated prices. That's why your best bet to is to get the items as soon as they come out.