Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

My package arrived from Japan today! Everything was wonderful! I really like the light-up Duffy and Shellie May pumpkins. Thank you for the great shopping service. Also I liked the extra halloween treats (delicious!!). Now to introduce my new little Duffys and Shellie May to their friends. Happy Halloween!!

Thanks, Poohkat. I'm happy to hear everything got to you all right. Those treat bags were a lucky find! And I love all the different Kit Kat flavors in Japan!^^

For 10/10 WishListers, your subject line should be "10/10 WishList," exactly like that. And please do not change the subject line in your reply. There should generally be two subject lines between us, "…WishList" and "…Shipping." Keeping these together through maintaining the subject lines helps me immensely with keeping track of things. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

10/10 WLers, feel free to submit your WLs, wait for confirmation and then transfer funds anytime from now until 10/10. Oh, I'm so excited about this shopping trip! Summer and Halloween releases have been totally charming, but these releases mark the first time since Spring Voyage that I am truly over the moon; I cannot wait!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention the "Happy 10" campaign. Anyone who buys more than one of the same style of blanket gets the next one at 10% off the gratuity. For example, the second Duffy blanket has just 20% gratuity, the third is 10%; and if you get four or more, the gratuity on those ones is zero. I really do wanna encourage the blankets as gifts. I think they're the perfect mix of cute yet practical and high-quality classic design to introduce new people to a kind of Duffy* that just doesn't seem to exist outside Japan, and maybe never will. Thank you, WishListers, for supporting the spread of this image of Duffy. I hope you show off your collections and talk to people about Tokyo quality and Cape Cod Duffy every chance you get.

*I would usually just call this "kind of Duffy" authentic Duffy, but I realize more and more that in spite of all of my gripes about the way Duffy is handled outside Japan, the Duffy in the arms of a fan always feels plenty authentic, even if he's a counterfeit sold on eBay. Duffy is Duffy, and every Duffy fan doesn't have to have my parameters about what "authentic Duffy" means. I still think it's a shame that most people in the world who know Duffy may never feel motivated to discover the incomparable Tokyo quality vision that brought this character to life, as epitomized in the Cannery Clothing Co. collection. Going forward, I'll refer to this sense of classic Americana and resort-style luxury as "Cape Cod Duffy," since Cape Cod's specific locale is something else Disney decided to excise from the global rollout.

---------- Post added 09-20-2012 at 01:58 PM ----------

I forgot to add, too, that going forward, the seasonal discount will be for seasonal items only. So, 10/10 WLers, don't worry. You're not paying a penalty by buying early. If the items are still available at Christmas, the gratuity on them will be the same.

I just got my box today, I was so happy to see the stickers on the sides of the box, the cute bags from previous promotions, the park maps and even a small goodie bag. This has been the best day ever introducing Shellie May to Duffy, she can teach him Japanese and he can try to translate for me. The outfit DuffyD got for me from auction was beautiful and all of my sorority sisters agree Shellie May is one of us, "a sailor sister". The light up pumpkins and the costumes will make for a wonderful Halloween this year. Thank you soooo much for your hardwork, I plan to order again real soon.

10/10 is for the new release with the blankets?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGeeDuffy View Post
    I just got my box today, I was so happy to see the stickers on the sides of the box, the cute bags from previous promotions…Thank you soooo much for your hardwork, I plan to order again real soon.
    Thank you soooo much, DeeGee!^^ You are the last WLer to receive your Care Package and the first one to mention the stickers! I'm really glad you liked them. I did my best to make it look random, but I actually thought about each person and the colors and designs I thought you'd like. I had lots of fun doing it; I when lists come through without a million changes and transfers are made on time and I don't make shopping mistakes and everything is finished early enough for me to put more effort into the little touches. I try to always make that stuff a combination of Japanese and Disney. Like those treat bags, they didn't come from the Resort; that's just Japan Disney style.^^

Yes, Cdnmom, 10/10 is the next Shopping Day, with D-day on 10/1. If everyone can get their WishLists and transfers in early, though, I'll try to go as soon as possible to have the best selection, especially of the last CCCs. It's already too late for the first day, but I'll go as soon as I can. Gratuity is 30%. Lots of folks have said they want to join, but I've only received one official WishList. Three more days, guys! Remember, we're on Tokyo time!^^

PS: I keep forgetting to mention, always look closely at your bags. There is a hidden Mickey on each side, and they're in different places on every size of bag. Happy hunting!

I wish I could predict what the Christmas outfits will be so I know whether I need to wait or not.... Maybe two orders....

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oops! I need to send my wishlist! Sorry, I got caught up.

Oh, and those stickers and treats didn't go unnoticed by me! I really liked the Disney Halloween bag, and I'm not sure which flavor Kit-Kat I got, but they sure were good. I'd love to know what flavors they have in Japan. I'll have to go and look for the hidden Mickey now...I didn't notice it.

I am just putting together my wish list... A few questions...

How big is the plush tote bag? Would Duffy fit in it?

Do most people get Shellie May's skirt when they get Shellie... It isn't very exciting but seems strange to not get her official outfit...

Any other recommendations of things I shouldn't miss out on?

Right now for sure I know I want a Shellie Mae and the Duffy blanket...

• Adventures with Duffy

Cdnmom, when I got Shellie, I just go her. I know what you mean about it being strange not getting her official outfit. There has just been so many other things Ive wanted that her official outfit Ive waited on.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Oops! I need to send my wishlist! Sorry, I got caught up.
    Please and thank you. I hope everyone sends their Lists in soon so I really know who I'm shopping for. Visualizing helps me tremendously in avoiding mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnmom View Post
    How big is the plush tote bag? Would Duffy fit in it?
    According to the official site, it's 20cm high, 30cm wide, and 15cm deep. Duffy is about 42cm standing, so that doesn't work. But I've seen people squish him in sitting (height of 30cm). It's snug, so it means only one bear and a small camera or bottled drink or something. Gurgi has all of the now-retired canvas totes. I think the smaller ones have similar measurements. Maybe he'll post some numbers and photos and tips for us?^^

Do most people get Shellie May's skirt when they get Shellie... It isn't very exciting but seems strange to not get her official outfit...
    Almost everyone does, yes, but if you don't like it, why buy it? I will say that it looks and feels better in person, and that the dainty cursive "S" stitched on the panties is totally charming and characterizing for me personally. I think it's optional. Shellie's Heart Cockle and Duffy's Message Bottle pendants, though, I think are deeply characterizing and absolutely essential. Especially if Duffy is a gift, the bottle is great because you can swap out Minnie's message and create a personal one. Or if for a child, you can write a message of love for them to read years later. For yourself, you can write whatever message your child-heart needs Duffy to deliver, even swapping them out from time to time. I really believe in personalizing that bottle message!^^

Any other recommendations of things I shouldn't miss out on?

Right now for sure I know I want a Shellie Mae and the Duffy blanket...
    I think the blankets are an amazing value, considering they're only about 1000 more than the 12" Spring Voyage bears were. I would also very highly recommend the CCC releases if you can afford them. They are true treasures that really highlight the Tokyo approach to Duffy, in terms of both aesthetic and construction. These Fall Collection pieces are the top of the line, too, tied with the now-retired Winter sets as my favorites. If you really want to see why some Duffy fans get so worked up about the quality differences between Tokyo's Cape Cod Duffy and the global release, Cannery Clothing Co. is the quintessential showcase.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, I don't have the exact measurements of the older canvas bags, but they are basically the same size as the new "plush head" bags, so they are a good comparison. I have pictures though. I remember posting them here before, but I can't remember where, so I'll do it again here.

Here is a picture of the small size bag on the left (about the same size as the new plush bags) and then Duffy sitting in the middle. On the right is a larger canvas tote that is now retired. It just gives you an idea of how small the bags are.

Here is a silly picture of my bears playing around in the small bags. As you can see, they are not ideal for carrying them around in. You really can't fit much else in the bag with a bear in there too.

If you want, I can take a picture of just Duffy without a costume on, sitting in one of the bags, but maybe from these pictures you can get an idea. They are more for small items, not really meant as a bear carrier.

---------- Post added 09-28-2012 at 10:16 AM ----------

Oh, and Cdnmom, I would say buy ShellieMay's skirt & bloomers. They are pretty cheap, and they are versatile. You don't "need" them at all, but they come in handy. I use her bloomers every time I put a dress or anything where she's "exposed", LOL. I know that sounds silly, but I like to have her wearing something under a skirt or dress. It's weird...yeah, because she's fine being naked with just her bow on, but once I put clothes on her, I don't like her "bear" butt showing.

They have released lots of different types of bloomers for her with various costume sets, but the basic set is perfect to just go with anything. Plus, like DuffyD said, the little embroidered "S" on them is a great little detail. Oh, and the skirt goes great with any Build-a-Bear t-shirt or top.

• Adventures with Duffy

I know Im late to picking up my package. DuffyD, Thank you! The stickers are so cute and very festive and cheery. Thank you. And the candy, was good and so cool to try different candies from other places. Of course I love the cookie too. I really like those cookies.

I love the bags. OLC please make a camera bag for each season. I love that bag more then I thought I would. Great for in the parks, holds your pass and phone/small camera.

Thank you DuffyD for all that you do and for making Duffy Post possible and so much fun to be a part of.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

THANK YOU Gurgi!! Those photos are awesome! Wish the tote was the size of your big one!

Thank you all for your ideas about the skirt, I think I'll get it too!

I agree with you about the Cannery Outfits but the one I really liked was the life jacket one... so now I will have to wait for another release, I'm not in love with the one right now.
    Last edited by Cdnmom; 09-28-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: forgot something

Hi,

A short intro... went to disneyland Hong Kong over the weekends, got tempted by a duffy bear, brought one home, and the rest is History. I have been globe shopping the net for a ShellieMay and seen so many fakes that I really don't want to be put through it anymore!

I'm sorry if i didn't really quite understand how the purchase works... If i were to buy the following, is this my breakdown cost?

• ShellieMay (S), 3,800
    • Duffy Necklace, 600
    • ShellieMay Dress, 1,200
    • ShellieMay Necklace, 600
    --------------------------------------
    Subtotal 6,200
    - Under 10,000 fee, 100
    - Shopping Fee(+30%), 1,860
    - EMS Fee KIV

Pardon me if i missed out anything, please let me know if i did!
    May i ask which shipping EMS we are using? Maybe i can calculate my cost too...I'm from Singapore!
    Oh! I realise they don't sell Duffy's original Sailor's outfit, Can i get it in Tokyo Disney too?

Thank you for being an AWESOME Duffy lover helping us!

Hi, sgduffy. I've sent you a Private Message. Wish Lists should not be posted here. This thread should just say, "I want to join the next Shopping Day!" or something like that. Then I'll send you a Private Message with the Duffy Post email address. You'll reply to that with your List and I'll reply to confirm it. There are many reasons for this multi-step procedure, one of which is that it hopefully encourages WishListers to think clearly about their List so that no changes are necessary.

On that note, changes are getting completely out of control the past few trips. Going forward, any changes that lower the sub-total will still be accepted, but the gratuity will remain unchanged, even if the List is completely cancelled. I have tried just saying its hard for me and I don't like it, but that's not working.

Of course, this doesn't solve the equally risky (for my planning) habit of switching out or adding items, but I'm hoping this encourages everyone to think carefully, read the Guidelines carefully, do your math carefully, and submit your List one time.

Please remember, too, that 25% seasonal discounts are for holiday items only unless the total seasonal item value is 10,000 or more. In that case, the 25% extends to non-seasonal items, too. The intention of the discount is to raise excitement about the seasonal merchandise and to reward WishListers who support the Post and promote Duffy throughout the year.^^

The shopping fee is 1000 for the service, plus 500 for orders under 10,000. So, WLers who get 10,000 in seasonal items will save 5% on non-seasonal items as well, plus save 500 on the service fee. These are the WishListers who keep the Post going. Even for folks who spend less than 10,000, the Post works out cheaper than the lowest eBay prices unless you only buy one item. Buying only one item, like just ShellieMay for example, works out to almost the same as eBay prices, but still less than most. And I pride myself on being a highly selective connoisseur of Duffy merchandise; I never ship anything without choosing it the way I would choose it for myself or as a personal gift.

---------- Post added 10-14-2012 at 12:24 PM ----------

EMS is a standardized system. The price is based on weight, and it will be figured after shopping. It is not possible to pre-estimate or pre-pay for shipping.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 10-18-2012 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Revised the discount update so it's clearer than mud!^^

Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast