Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156 ... LastLast

Question Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    ...I wonder why? Do they not have all they need to do the celebration?...
    I imagine it's because other than the hats, the key feature in nearly ALL of the "Be Magical" concept art is waves. I have read on our own MiceChat TDR boards that the park decorations have all been removed. Just the labor involved with that must have been pretty expensive, but to think that they are now in the process of redrafting the creative, starting with new key visuals, having new set pieces produced and reinstalling them by 9/4 at the latest - wow, that's a lot of work!

Guest Relations this morning could neither confirm nor deny that the visuals are being reconceived, nor whether or not the 10th Anniversary would even be officially celebrated at all. I mean, if they really are redoing the key visuals, it means throwing out and re-producing (sic) a LOT of the merchandise. I'm pretty sure a lot of that stuff was already made in the thousands on 3/11 in preparation for this month's event. If they really are going to scrap it and start fresh, this must be costing them a fortune!

As far as the next Shopping Day, here's the situation. I was planning to buy a voucher for the Annual Pass tomorrow, just before the price change kicks in. I deliberated a lot, as it's not really comfortable for me to afford it right now, but I figured if I had to go on 5/9 to shop for Duffy Post anyway, so soon after the hike, then I'm losing the ¥7000 with the price change, plus paying the newer, higher rate of ¥6200...and I will buy the AP sometime this year, so that's kind of a "waste" of ¥13200, which is more than 25% of the price of the AP now. Plus, I was honestly counting on the Post to be fairly successful, taking some of the edge off the AP expenses. It just seemed silly to wait, so I decided to go ahead and spend the money…and get to go back to my favorite place.^^

Now, I'm thinking of waiting to get the AP til the Anniversary starts or there's a new Duffy release. But if I do that, there is no way that I can afford to pay for admission to the park as a one-day ticket just to buy Shellie May for a few people. It wouldn't even be enough to cover half of my costs, much less my effort. So, with everyone's blessing, I'd like to postpone this Shopping Day until we know more about what's happening at TDS and with future Duffy releases.

If this is gonna make people angry or force them to buy on eBay because they just can't wait, I'll try and figure something out. I really enjoy doing Duffy Post, and since my trip to America sucked up a lot of extra cash, I honestly need the buffer. But I totally understand the feeling of needing your stuff right now, so I'm willing to talk about it. I may even change my mind, as I really would like to see Fantasmic! and just be in DisneySEA...on one level. Another part of me, though, ever since I saw JoeinJPN's TDL reopening video, has been a little hesitant about going to the parks. Also, in light of this announcement, I'm very hesitant to start my Annual Pass before the Anniversary is announced because if it doesn't happen until September and I use my AP now, that could potentially mean that I miss the end of the 10th being covered by my AP, assuming that they stretch the whole event later. I would really appreciate your patience right now, but if you absolutely can't wait, I will go anyway. But I will have to adjust the shopping rate, I think.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 04-20-2011 at 07:38 PM.

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

If you postponed for a while that is fine with me, it gives me more time to save so that when you do eventually go I can possibly have enough money for shelliemay her pendant and her clothes and not have to worry about buying her a build a bear skirt that doesn't match her hair bow

DuffyD,

I totally understand the considerations. I will wait patiently for when the anniversary event does take place and when you schedule the next shopping day.

• Munchings & Crunchings

On one hand, I'm sad that the event is postponed, because I was looking forward to lots of new Duffy stuff. On the other, I'm happy that I've got time to save up money. As it was, I couldn't afford to do this round of Duffypost by the 25th, so this is kind of a blessing for me.

Also, it makes some sense that they are rethinking the "waves" concept for the anniversary to be more sensitive after the tsunami and earthquake. They will probably be able to salvage much of the wand & sorcerer motifs, but the water theme will have to change...so it might not affect any of the Duffy merchandise, since I didn't see any waves on that. Still, it's a lot of money to scrap. This will be an interesting year for OLC financially. As will the rest of Japan...so hard to get back to "normal" after something so devastating. If any country can bounce back though, it's Japan.

• Adventures with Duffy

Knowing the concept was "Waves" I totally understand wanting to redo things. I also think a lot of OLC for changing it. They had all the other items made and paid for and I assume already to go out into the stores. Now they are spending more money to make up a new design and new items, just because the first concept isn't the best concept with what has happened. That is pretty amazing and wonderful of OLC. They are class act.

DuffyD. No worries, when you go is when you go.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Delaying is totally understandable, no worries!

Your thoughts about waiting for the annual pass also makes sense - no guilt, really! The point is not to bankrupt yourself for the cute bears.
    (So cute!)

Bummed all around, but it's hard to be mad. Ha!

• ~*Princess*~

I actually heard the Annual Pass doesn't activate until you use it the first time (a year from the use date) so I would think you could buy it at the discount and then just go when you're ready? Unless it works differently there...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm kind of bummed, but whatever works for you DuffyD. I'll just have to hope nothing comes up in the meantime for me where I have to use the money I set aside for DuffyPost for an emergency.

Just keep us posted.

And that's pretty classy of TDS to rework the "waves" design for the 10th anniversary. If it was WDW, they would have just gone with what they had and be done with it instead of scrapping it all and redoing.

• Banned User

Guys, we don't know for sure if that is what they are doing. DuffyD said the GR CM said she couldn't say weather or not that was the reason and even said she's pretty sure thats not the reason why. I feel praise should be given when earned, but we don't know for sure this is what they are doing. And as DuffyD also said, they are probably just waiting longer in order to have people recover and not be affected by the deco. I doubt they would spend this much money in order to redo merch when they've lost so much already. Not saying they shouldn't do it, but if they are, that is very classy, but they're also losing A LOT of money in the process and wouldn't make sense from a business standpoint.

DuffyD don't worry for the shopping day delay, its understandable with the situation.

At least this delay will make time for some of the members including myself to save the enough money for a Shellie May and some costumes.

Well, it happened. I have an emergency where I'm going to have to use my $$ set aside for DuffyPost. My stupid laptop suddenly crashed tonight and it's probably going to cost at last $100 to restore the OS from the recovery drive (which I have no idea how to access). I'm using my crappy old laptop in the meantime. I'm not amused. *sigh*

that sucks about your laptop, i'm sure your duffy will understand that his needs will have to wait , for you to be able to fix your lap top so that you can communicate with his fellow duffy pals and so when you do save up the money again you will be able to view all the new wonderful outfits for him

At least I still have my old laptop and my iPhone so I'll still be connected while the good laptop is being fixed. Just not used to the smaller screen and no numerical keypad (the good laptop is 17.3", the crappy one is 15.6") I'm going to tell work I'm going to be a little late and drop the laptop off at the shop in the morning when they open. Hopefully they'll be able to get to the recovery partition on the hard drive (and the last backup, which was earlier this week) and get me back to normal by the end of the weekend. Just sucks as I haven't had a single problem with that machine since I bought it in November 2009.

And I was just going to get a Shellie May and a couple of the 10th Anniversary items, but no biggie. I can wait. I actually prefer dressing my Duffy in the stuff from Build-A-Bear for now. They suit my needs.

does anybody know if they sell shelliemay in hong kong disney? I went to a girls blog that said she bought a duffy and shelliemay there and I'm wondering If she is there besides japan my mom has a friend that might be going there and if they sell shellie may I might give her some money to get me one and then later on will get clothes for her from the post.

• North American Duffeteer

For the time being, she's not availible anywhere else. Only at TDR.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3456789163156 ... LastLast