Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

I live on my own and most of my plush is packed away in boxes/plastic tubs for safe keeping because one of my cats LOVES small plushies and always tries to steal them.

Tough my couch has turned into Duffy Central with all my 12" holiday Duffys lining the back.

Be Magical is starting on Sept 4, DisneySea's 10th anniversary. The new greeting spot is also opening up as planned in july.

cool, so they will still have those cute wizard outfits for duffy and shelliemay I hope

As long as they still have those wand pendant necklaces I'll be happy.

• Banned User

So are they gonna release costumes from now till then? I can't imagine them going 6 months without a new costume! That's unheard of!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Sad Re: Duffy Post Coast-to-Coast TDS Express Export Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by FI183 View Post
    So are they gonna release costumes from now till then? I can't imagine them going 6 months without a new costume! That's unheard of!
    One would think, but so far it does kinda seem that way...:sad: I don't get it; Duffy generates SO MUCH MONEY! You'd think they'd be pouring out as many new outfits as they can!^^ But now they've called off Halloween for DisneySEA, so I have no expectations. Nothing would surprise me at this point. I mean, can they do new Duffy Halloween costumes even with no Halloween event in the park? And isn't that the best opportunity to release a TON of costumes and make a TON of money? I just don't understand the logic here... I mean, why not just have no new show or even NO show, but still do park decorations and play Halloween music. Spread out trick-or-treating to every shop and make Halloween into a shopping campaign event... I don't understand dropping Halloween altogether - especially during the "Be Magical!" year...

No Halloween? That's really odd considering Halloween is nearly 6 months away. Is it still on for TDL?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    No Halloween? That's really odd considering Halloween is nearly 6 months away. Is it still on for TDL?
    :sigh:...yesss...

You'd think at least for its first decade celebration TDS could get some proper respect! I was SO excited about having Halloween items themed with the "Be Magical!" 10 (for October), just like my first park visit ever offered Christmas merch with the "Unlock Your Dreams" 25 (for 12/25!^^) for the Resort's 25th. Guess that's not happening...

Plus, I was seriously disappointed with last year's unambitious Duffy costumes for Halloween (especially since it was Shellie's 1st Halloween), but this year's Sweet Duffy was AMAZING, so I was feeling pretty optimistic... As it is, I won't be surprised if there are no Duffy Halloween items; it really wouldn't make sense to release them if they aren't even gonna decorate the park...

And now I really can't imagine they'll be releasing CM costumes every month again. This announcement has really taken a lot of the wind out of the whole Anniversary for me. I hope I'll feel different once it actually begins; I still really love the theme and the designs. It's just that Halloween at DisneySEA was truly something special - an instant hit and an instant classic! - and there were LOTS of other options before just outright calling it off.

That's really odd. I can kind of see why, but at the same time... OLC is a business. They should know people WANT the seasonal events. Don't they realize how much money they make off the seasonal events?

It almost sounds like OLC is taking the TDO route... raise prices and give the customer less bang for their buck. Kind of one reason why I'm not planning on visiting WDW (outside of DTD) until the Fantasyland expansion opens. Just isn't worth it for me right now. I'm having more fun at Busch Gardens right now anyway.

What about outfits for the new summer oasis program?? I think it's possible. I too find it hard to believe no new outfits until Be Magical. And maybe they won't have Halloween outfits, but fall outfits? Again, I think Be Magical wasn't extended because they have other things planned. Maybe a spring/Midway Mania promotion?? Otherwise I think they would extend the celebration, not like it would cost them anything to do so.

what are the outfits that they have out right now for duffy and shelliemay that never go away, just curious as I'm thinking about making a new shopping list for the july shopping date?

• Munchings & Crunchings

I wonder if it's possible that there could be a small Cape Cod Halloween just for Duffy? They actually started doing that in the past at TDS. It was the first place decorated in that park for the holiday, and It wasn't until a couple years later that the whole park got the event. Now, maybe they could go back to a small version like they used to do. That way, they could release Halloween costumes for Duffy and Shellie May and still keep the main focus on the 10th Anniversary. I can't imagine that they would not release new costumes until the anniversary, or even seasonal ones. Duffy makes them money, and brings people into the park to get new stuff, so even with no new attractions, at least they could do the seasonal costume releases...

• Adventures with Duffy

What I dont get is they were able to decorate TDL for halloween during the 25. So why not TDS during the 10th???

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    What I dont get is they were able to decorate TDL for halloween during the 25. So why not TDS during the 10th???
    Well, it could be that during TDL's 25th, they started much earlier in the year, and it did run for the full year. So, by the time Halloween came around, the anniversary was not new. Since TDS postponed the 10th anniversary to September, it's basically right around the time they would be normally starting Halloween too, so I can sort-of see why they are focusing on the anniversary instead. It's a shame, but I can understand (I'm still disappointed).

I truly hope they do at least a Duffy Halloween, like they did before, and like "Sweet Duffy".

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I wonder if it's possible that there could be a small Cape Cod Halloween just for Duffy? They actually started doing that in the past at TDS. It was the first place decorated in that park for the holiday, and It wasn't until a couple years later that the whole park got the event...
    I had actually forgotten that. Yeah, it would be nice if that happened. I'm gonna hope for that.^^

Page 8 of 61 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358 ... LastLast