Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Adventures with Duffy

Things you wished they would make in Duffy Size

Rain Suit that really keep all of him dry

Sunglasses (BaB don't fit him well)

Lanyard with AP. It would be cute if they did different ones for all the resorts

Popcorn bucket

TDS backpack or sling backpack with working zippers

Compass or gps unit for all his travels
    Last edited by DuffyGuardian; 01-17-2011 at 04:13 PM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: Things you wished they would make in Duffy Size

What a FANTASMIC idea for a thread, Janell!^^ I this one, and so will Disney Parks' Marketing Team!

• PARK SNACKS!!! (and as Janell said, the popcorn buckets - I want the TDS Lightship Basket!!!)
    • Fan Caps (Tokyo-style "mouse ears")
    • Sturdy shoes line - with Duffy footprints on the sole, like Build-A-Bear
    • More appropriately scaled and beautiful bottle necklace for Duffy
    • Light-up, opening Heartshell Locket for Shellie

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Things you wished they would make in Duffy Size

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    LIST][*]More appropriately scaled and beautiful bottle necklace for Duffy[/LIST]
    This!!!! 1,000 times this! I would love to have one around Duffy's neck just like Shellie's pendant. The bottle they did release is...just huge, and stupid looking with it's fake cork. I have been looking for a little bottle to make my own version if TDS never does.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Personally, I would love for them to release Duffy furniture. Now, how on earth I would get that shipped from Japan is another story, LOL! Still, I would love Duffy-themed wooden chairs & tables to display my bears on. One of the Japanese blogs I read had her own custom made ones with last year's "Sweet Duffy" theme on them. They were very cute and well made and had the same graphics from the event. I was so jealous, LOL!

I have been looking for some cute Adirondack chairs for my bears, but have not had any luck. I found some that were ridiculously expensive though.

• Loves Mickey!

Mini park goods like passholders, mini versions of the snack foods like gyoza dog for him to hold, popcorn buckets! Of course more cast costumes!!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Personally, I would love for them to release Duffy furniture...I found some that were ridiculously expensive though.
    VOLKS makes furniture periodically for their "Super Dollfie" line, and some of it is proportioned fairly well for Duffys. Still, the ridiculously expensive part is an issue. I got lucky and got one of their chairs for ¥3000 once, but it's a little bit smaller than I'd actuallly hoped for.

I'd love to see photos of those Sweet Duffy chairs!^^

• Banned User

I'd like my Duffys to have their own mini iPhone! LOL

Besides that, I want

-sketch book, Duffy loves to draw!
    -sewing supplies for Shellie
    -Prop sewing machine for Shellie would be so cute! She is quite the seamstress
    -Stylish shoes for Shellie
    -Glasses also! They're nerds at heart!
    -Purse/wallets, they need somewhere to keep their money.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Baking supplies! But these are actually pretty easy to find at Duffy scale. "Nerd" glasses in black and red would be super cute, and very popular in Japan. I imagine we might just see this eventually. The iPhone and sewing props are probably pretty easy to find here, too. I know where to find a Duffy-scale iPhone 4 for sure, but it's just basically a black plastic rectangle. I guess you could photo edit a sticker "screen" for it... You know, Shellie's original Heartful Sailor outfit had great shoes. Hopefully they'll do more like that this year for the 10th Anniversary.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'd love to see photos of those Sweet Duffy chairs!^^
    Ask and ye shall receive! Here's the blog that I saw them on.

Hopefully it leads to that post. I'll try to link to her pictures, but she's on Amoeba, and I don't know if they like direct links or not...

http://stat001.ameba.jp/user_images/...0578989177.jpg

http://stat001.ameba.jp/user_images/...0578989179.jpg

http://stat001.ameba.jp/user_images/...0578989178.jpg

http://stat001.ameba.jp/user_images/...0578989770.jpg

Seeing these photos again, I notice that they are fairly simple. The artwork she used is good, but me being a perfectionist, I see details I would not tolerate on my Duffy furniture, LOL!

Anyway, it's meant to mimic this table set used for "Sweet Duffy" 2010.
    http://stat001.ameba.jp/user_images/...0428957339.jpg
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 01-19-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Hotlinked images, against site rules

• Adventures with Duffy

What a FANTASMIC idea for a thread, Janell!^^ I this one, and so will Disney Parks' Marketing Team!

• PARK SNACKS!!! (and as Janell said, the popcorn buckets - I want the TDS Lightship Basket!!!)
    • Fan Caps (Tokyo-style "mouse ears")
    • Sturdy shoes line - with Duffy footprints on the sole, like Build-A-Bear
    • More appropriately scaled and beautiful bottle necklace for Duffy
    • Light-up, opening Heartshell Locket for Shellie
    What is a TDS Lightship Bucket?

• Adventures with Duffy

gurgi, I too like the idea of furniture. I would like to add to your list a closet. Duffy needs a place to hang all his cute clothes. I know BaB has one, but I want one Duffy style.

That is a cute set of chairs and table. Thanks for sharing gurgi. I can see having a table set and changing it as the seasons go though out the year. Oh my gosh another thing to collect and store. I think Duffy will someday need his own house, to hold all the things he has collected over the years.

I like a gyoza dog for Duffy too. I think any thing that is a cool treat that is found in the parks they should have a Duffy size. Like for DCA I like to add spice corn dogs. Oh and in the days they McDonalds fries. (but McD is now gone So is the electrical parade WDW stole it. lol My family use to grab a corn dog, splits some fries and watch the parade. It was fun.

• i heart plunging v-necks

American Girl makes some nice period specific furniture pieces for their line of dolls. I think they are roughly the same size as Duffy.

*EDIT* Now I'm wondering whether American Girl costumes will fit Shellie May...
    Last edited by malice; 01-21-2011 at 08:57 AM.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Adventures with Duffy

Did they do a Haunted Masion costume for Duffy? I think they did. It would be cool if you could go back and pick up a few of these costumes. A Duffy event of some kind.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Things you wished they would make in Duffy Size

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive! Here's the blog that I saw them on.

Anyway, it's meant to mimic this table set used for "Sweet Duffy" 2010.
    Thanks! That's cute!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    What is a TDS Lightship Bucket?
    The lightship baskets were traditionally woven from wood splints by tough sailors onboard the many-months-long lightship excursions. They are particularly part of Nantucket history, but anything "New England" is fair game for Duffy, I think. The Duffy popcorn buckets at Tokyo DisneySEA are not called "buckets," actually, but "popcorn basket" instead. The basic mold is always the same, but colors and details may be changed for Christmas and Halloween events. I wonder if we'll get a special one for the 10th Anniversary? It usually features a relief of Duffy's head on top; I was hoping for a Sweet Duffy release that had both Duffy and Shellie. Maybe next year? Seems strange not to have an original basket for Duffy's biggest annual event...

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Did they do a Haunted Masion costume for Duffy? I think they did. It would be cool if you could go back and pick up a few of these costumes. A Duffy event of some kind.
    They did do Haunted Mansion for TDR 25th Anniversary. That's actually the first costume I bought! I removed the purple cape and accented the basic green suit instead with Christmas Duffy's muffler and Santa hat to create a "Holiday Nightmare" look. You can see it on my blog.^^

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks! That's cute!^^

The lightship baskets were traditionally woven from wood splints by tough sailors onboard the many-months-long lightship excursions. They are particularly part of Nantucket history, but anything "New England" is fair game for Duffy, I think. The Duffy popcorn buckets at Tokyo DisneySEA are not called "buckets," actually, but "popcorn basket" instead. The basic mold is always the same, but colors and details may be changed for Christmas and Halloween events. I wonder if we'll get a special one for the 10th Anniversary? It usually features a relief of Duffy's head on top; I was hoping for a Sweet Duffy release that had both Duffy and Shellie. Maybe next year? Seems strange not to have an original basket for Duffy's biggest annual event...

They did do Haunted Mansion for TDR 25th Anniversary. That's actually the first costume I bought! I removed the purple cape and accented the basic green suit instead with Christmas Duffy's muffler and Santa hat to create a "Holiday Nightmare" look. You can see it on my blog.^^
    Thanks for filling me in. I can't say I knew any of that before. I like the tie in of the basket and Cape Cod. Are the baskets as cute as they look in the photos? Are they big? I know we chatted when they first came out that, the baskets weren't big enough to hold Duffy.

I was afraid you were going to tell me that they already did the HM costume. I remember your photo and its cute. I wonder if they will make costume for Shellie May to match the ones they did for Duffy. Like do an extra one for her each time they do a release?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast