Page 102 of 128 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1912

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Ok just saw this posted on the DisneyParks Blog. It's about Hong Kong's merchandise but look at the shirt in the left corner of the top photo.... That is an ADULT SIZE version of Duffy's pumpkin costume!!! You can even see the Duffy logo on the left sleeve!

Window Shopping at Disney Parks Around the World: Boo-tiful Merchandise Materializes at Hong Kong Disneyland « Disney Parks Blog

Yep even HKDL and DLP get better stuff than the US parks do! NOT. FAIR.
    OMG! That's so awesome! Only I can see more Chinese wearing this than Americans.. Oh, well.... Maybe it will show up on ebay one day!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I would have totally bought one so me & Duffy could be "twins". I got SO many comments and "OMG where did you get those?" with our matching Monsters University shirts.

I would buy one too! That's awesome!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrita View Post
    This was the Duffy Head Cup bowl that came out.

The Great Duffy Head Cup Poll | the disney food blog

Photos don't really do justice to the disparity here, but...

Duffy is centrally and essentially about CAREful design. Besides the fact that it's "cuter," with sparkling eyes and separately molded colored plastic for the different head and BOTH the white AND the blue on the hat, the most significant point here is that the designers working on Tokyo Duffy saw any "solution" that meant a seam going through Duffy's head as if he was scalped as not a solution at all and KEPT WORKING.

Speaking of things photos don't do justice to, WLers who got the SCT Popcorn Bucket are in for a great surprise! I thought something wasn't coming across clearly in those photos, but I never imagined it to be like it is! The Dessert Cups and Plates are also MUCH more vivid and crisp than I ever imagined, and easily the most beautiful application of color EVER. I mean EVER ever. You will be stunned. Previous releases have been great, but this blows them all away in terms of quality, saturation and just gorgeous richness. I wasn't necessarily planning to buy these, but they are MUST haves for me now. The white, too, is fascinating and delicate. It really is snow-colored, and the blue mist inside the cup is so delicate, subtle. This is a fantastic set!

Hong Kong's stuff looks awesome. I really wish we had news about how popular Duffy is there and what the locals think of him.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 11-01-2013 at 07:52 AM.

I think it's really the subtle differences that really make the popcorn buckets too. The eyes of the US version are flat and maybe even a bit too small, while the mouth is just too distracting and the big smile combined with the tiny eyes just seems creepy. You can see also the fur on the Japanese one is much more subtle and not lumpy or distracting. I also think that the smaller hat makes it look more cute, and puts the emphasis on Duffy himself, while the US one you're not really sure what to do with it. It really is a matter of design there, and there was definitely a lot that could have been done to the US one to make it more friendly and nice-looking even if you just ignore the problem of the cut-through-the-head.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

That shirt is too cute, Aimster. I would definitely buy it.

Duffy D, you're making me sad that I didn't order the dessert cup and plate! I try to stay away from breakables for the Post but those sound amazing. Oh well.
    Last edited by Boog1981; 11-01-2013 at 02:40 PM.

• Tower of Tower Nut

I found a 2014 Hong Kong Disneyland Duffy on Instagram today.
    Looks like there is a water bottle too
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by TOTnut View Post
    I found a 2014 Hong Kong Disneyland Duffy on Instagram today.
    Looks like there is a water bottle too

I'm curious about the little plastic looking Duffy - it kinda looks like a water bottle. I'd like one of those!

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

I'd love a water bottle. We have a bunch from the zoo, so we have water hippo,water lion, etc. A water Duffy would be the bomb!

I did order the dessert cup and plate and am really looking forward to receiving them after the glowing reviews!

I found the original picture, it looks like there are also a tumbler and something behind the water bottle that I can;t identify?
    Last edited by setavulos; 11-01-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: added source (click image)

Quote Originally Posted by setavulos View Post
    I found the original picture, it looks like there are also a tumbler and something behind the water bottle that I can;t identify?
    Thanks! I'd really love that water bottle!

I wonder if the USA 2014 Duffy will look the same?

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Behind the water bottle looks to be a melamine plate with the Duffys from around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Behind the water bottle looks to be a melamine plate with the Duffys from around the world.
    I've seen some other merchandise with this design - one was a writing journal. Not sure if we'll get this in the states because those costumes are discontinued. Yet, maybe, they still sell that little trading pin set with those costumes. Anyway.. (rambling here...) I hope so!

• I love that tiny bear!

I think I like the strap on the water bottle (but sometimes they mess up Duffy faces; I can't tell from the picture). Interested to see if the US 2014 Duffy matches that one...they usually do, but that looks like a wizard hat (though maybe it's supposed to be a party hat), and so far Disney US has kept the annual Duffys in ordinary clothes.

Looks like there's a new Santa suit this year! Someone out of Florida is selling one on eBay, so perhaps it has been released in WDW already: 2013 Disney Duffy Santa Claus Christmas Outfit Brand New | eBay

If I recall correctly, the Santa set from last year included overalls and a white t-shirt with a candy cane (?) design, but no jacket. This is pretty cute, but I wish it came with boots.

The cap looks really cute. I bet it fits just like the blue and white snowflake cap.