Page 110 of 144 FirstFirst ... 106085100107108109110111112113120135 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2154

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Name:  DBO873628-613x371.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  51.3 KB

There are a few more on the Disney Blog but the picture is too large and I can't upload it

OMG the pinokio one is so cute! And it's sad that the explorer outfit isn't a loose outfit

I like how the costume for St Patricks and Easter is the same. It is nice they made it reversible.

• Brrr... Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Poohkat View Post
    I like how the costume for St Patricks and Easter is the same. It is nice they made it reversible.
    I noticed it was reversible, but did not recognize that the striped side was for Easter/Spring.
    Thanks for pointing that out, Poohkat.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Of all those.... I want the poncho. I already have a Stitch costume I got at BAB last year, so no need for another one. The Pinocchio one is cute (love the little Jiminy Cricket plushie), but I don't need it. 12" pre-dressed Safari Duffy is adorable... why they couldn't release that as a costume for 17" Duffy is beyond me. At least my Duffy has a safari outfit I pieced together from BAB separates. Same goes for the Steamboat Willie 12" pre-dressed Duffy. That would be a GREAT costume for 17" Duff.

The reversible St Pattys/Easter costume is pretty clever. 2 for the price of 1 there. The Jake & the Neverland Pirates costume is cute (love the boots!) but I already have the pirate costume they released last year.

My biggest complaint is I hate how they make most of the costumes as onesies. I like to mix & match and with a onesie you just can't do that! Plus they fit Duffy weird most the time. I'm also tired of more character-based costumes. Don't they know how to make SEPARATES and EVERYDAY CLOTHES?! Sheesh.

Ok getting off my soapbox now. But I really do want that poncho because it looks awesome and I've been wanting one for Duffy since I got him 3 years ago. He has a rain coat from BAB, but that poncho is severe cute overload. But why couldn't they have made the earholes covered so his ears don't get wet? That was kind of dumb.

• No Spoons: Try Back Later

Of all of them, I am definitely going to get the poncho. I also appreciate the Pinocchio costume. I don't know, most of the costumes seem to come off as being too small for him. I would rather have them be more loose-fitting so they look more like clothes he is wearing rather than trying to make Duffy into a plush of a different character. I feel like if I wanted a Stitch plush, I would get a Stitch plush. It feels like it's Stitch but with Duffy's face rather than something for Duffy to wear as Duffy. But I do like that they decided to include Steamboat Willie as one of the options!
    Chronically ill lurker will be lurking.
    Please contact me via PM or tumblr ask if you need to get ahold of me.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

I'm loving the poncho! It seems like every time we go to WDW, we end up in a poncho at some point so it would be funny to be able to put Duffy or Shellie in one too!

Maybe I'm nitpicking but why are they putting Duffy in MaryJane style shoes? I guess it makes sense for Pinchocchio because I think he wore something similar but the Easter/St. Patrick's Day outfit has them too.

• No Light, No Light

Love the Pinocchio costume! The poncho is super cute, too.

The Steamboat Willie costume was a really cute idea, but it's too bad it's a 12" pre-dressed bear rather than a 17" costume.

• I love that tiny bear!

The blog link is at Unbearably Cute Costumes and More for Duffy the Disney Bear Coming to Disney Parks in Early 2014 « Disney Parks Blog (I didn't see the link itself posted, but maybe I missed it).

PONCHO!!!! Too adorable, though I hope it's not any more expensive than a human poncho. I also hope that comes out a bit early so I can buy it. If not, we might need that WDW/DL Duffy Post after all!

I like the Stitch quite a bit for what it is (are there little holes in the paws so Duffy can feel things through them and maybe even grab things?!).

It's too bad Steamboat Duffy is pre-dressed (looks non-removable to me) and even more I wish he were gray instead of brown. I know, I know, they probably shouldn't recolor Duffy (too close to the old Disney Bear concept and even the meet-and-greet Steamboat Mickey has a peach face, though the rest of him is ALL black and white, so I think it works a bit better than the brown and peach/tan all over the Steamboat Duffy). Either way, I sure would be happy to pay Disney retail prices for a grayscale Duffy, whether 9", 12" or full-sized. (Assuming Duffy's legs, arms, head and body were intact underneath the clothes, I would cut that Steamboat outfit off if I had to, but it would be SO CUTE to make him black and white clothes!) Ah well.

I really like everything in the Pinocchio/Safari/Jake lineup. I don't need another predressed bear, though, and I don't like the movie Pinocchio, so no to those. I don't even get Disney Channel, let alone have a child in the target age range, but the Jake outfit is ADORABLE! (Even if I'm afraid the Duffy wearing it may have been hit in the face.)

I agree that having Mary Jane-style shoes does seem odd. But it's exciting to see shoes and pants as default options on multiple outfits, and most of the outfits have at least some detail and are well-fitting. (The reversible one does not appear to fit well, but it could be a case of poor posing/photography.)

There are even a couple options that aren't costume-y. (Though I guess the poncho is tourist-y. )

Anyway, I'm not sure the quality is there for everything, but I'm excited about the direction Duffy's US costumes seem to be headed.

• Felice Natale!

Unbearably Cute Costumes and More for Duffy the Disney Bear Coming to Disney Parks in Early 2014 « Disney Parks Blog

Heck yeah, Julie Young!

So now we know who's responsible for the quality improvement with Duffy costumes. 2014 looks to continue this trend, with Pinocchio being the standout in my mind. But even the New Year outfit is better. Though I'm personally not interested, this is the first one I don't actively dislike. That pirate is really nice, too. Something looks off about Steamboat Willie to me, but the concept is still fun. Same with St Pat's/Easter, even though I don't want it, I'm MUCH more impressed with the creative approach AND the final result. BAB's Stitch is better, but this one isn't bad (and I think BAB's is long gone). The frustrating thing is that, as with the 2013 Oswald's Mechanic, the only one I'd actually consider purchasing is only available as a 12" pre-dressed form. WHYYYYYYY?!?!?!? I just do NOT get this…

If we accept that Disney in the US avoids everyday wear because BAB dominates that market and we accept that high concept, story-driven seasonal releases are unique to Tokyo, then what Disney is doing is starting to work. Disney's Duffy is not Cape Cod Duffy. Disney's Duffy is not so deeply characterized and not as tied to a sense of place and context. Disney's Duffy is a corporate mascot, just like Disney's Mickey. I'd like Duffy to be more; I believe Duffy is more, but they are steadily improving the quality and setting expectations, so I can feel good about that.

Disney seems to have firmly decided on Duffy in costumes inspired by other Disney properties. This makes sense for Disney's approach. It's not to my liking. To my mind, Cape Cod Duffy wouldn't dress up in these costumes except for some kind of event, but Americans are apparently buying these, so you can't really blame Disney for making them. In fact, unless Disney was prepared to make Duffy the kind of priority he is for Tokyo, I'm perhaps even beginning to prefer that they are differentiating their offering. Disney's Duffy is designed for children, not collectors. The materials and construction are simpler and so is the concept of the character. I don't prefer it, but I'm a collector, not a child. I often do think that even the standard Tokyo costumes (not CCC) are so beautiful and delicate as to require kids to "be careful" when playing with Duffy. So there are benefits to the less pieces (to lose), plush and fuzzy, synergy design approach. As long as none of these cross $30 and that poncho is $15 or less, I think Disney has probably found "the zone" they're comfortable with for Duffy.

It looks like Julie Young knows what she's doing. It still doesn't appeal to me much. It's still not the Duffy I know and love. It's corporate; it's commoditized. It's simplified and compared to Tokyo, yeah, something's missing. But it's not lazy, and it's not ugly. It's just Disney, and there's undeniable progress. I think most Disney/Duffy fans outside Japan are not demanding a collector's experience (whereas Japanese fans absolutely DO), so there's less motivation for Disney to take that risk. If "good enough" is good enough for the majority of consumers, that's what we'll get. At least this "good enough" is starting to be more consistently pretty good!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

I agree with what a lot of you said! I'm happier with the direction they are going, even if I have nitpicks.

I actually think that the St. Patrick's Day/Easter costume is pretty cute, but the shoes are a little weird. I think they were going for a "period" look for him, like a little boy in knickers, but the shoes are still a little off. I do like the reversible idea, it's novel for Duffy, and...I don't see how the velcro works, so that's a plus too! Oh yes, one more nitpick. I'm not crazy about the "fuzzy" fabric they're using for the pants, shorts, shoes, etc. It's basically plush fabric, but it would be nice to have more "realistic" clothing fabric instead of a fleecy thing. Especially for shoes, which (other than slippers) shouldn't be that fuzzy.

I think the Pinocchio costume is super adorable, and so is the Pirate Jake costume. Like Aimster though, I dislike the character costumes because it's not particularly "Duffy". It's like Setavulos said, if I wanted a Stitch plush I would buy a Stitch plush. That's not to say they aren't adorable costumes, but...I want Duffy. Now...if they made character INSPIRED costumes, that would be kind of cool. Something where when you look at it, you know which character it's supposed to be, but it's not directly the character clothes.

The safari Duffy reminds me SO much of Animal Kingdom's opening merchandise with the fab 5 in virtually the same safari clothes, which is cool. I like it, too bad it's not also a separate costume.

Steamboat Willie looks off to me. Maybe it's the huge ears and Duffy's small head? I think that's the main issue for me. Mickey's head is proportionate to his ears, and so is Duffy's, but when you put Mickey's ears on Duffy it looks wrong. It's the same reason I thought the fuzzy Duffy ear hat looked wrong; the ears were too big.

But, I agree overall with what DuffyD said, and I think Julie Young is off to a good start and I'm hoping more positive things to come from Duffy in the US.

Thanks for posting about the upcoming releases! My favorite is the poncho!

Jen

I love the poncho! I agree with what DD and others are saying though! Some of the costumes look a little strange on Duffy and I wish they made some out of normal fabrics rather than plush, fake velvet or fleece. I dunno maybe I'm just too jealous of Japans many costumes and street wear clothing... OK I'm really jealous of all the Japanese merch! lol

I also wish they got a little more creative with the annual Duffy release. A Duffy in a shirt that says the year is kinda boring. I wish they made something worth collecting and more special. I don't know though... that's just me. I'll still get a 2014 Duffy though!

I like the 12" redressed releases and I am glad they make them separate from the full size costumes. Maybe that's just the collector in me lol

I'm personally not interested in the Jake the Pirate outfit. I think it's cute and great for kids but maybe just after my time so I'm not into it? I dunno. Looks cute though!

All my nitpicking aside I am glad they are still cultivating the Duffy brand and making new stuff for it! It is my dream that he becomes a major Disney character that everyone knows about in the US!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm just hoping the poncho comes out before my AP expires next month so I can get the pass discount on it.