Page 23 of 150 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526334873123 ... LastLast

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

You're cat's name is "Thunder Butt"?? That's funny and cute...but hopefully not a descriptive name, or that could be trouble, LOL!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

No his name isn't Thunder Butt!

His name is Chandler. But he's a little butterball. He thinks he has to eat the second I put food in the bowl or else it will disappear... and he's ALWAYS hungry. You should hear him when I get the kitty treats out and go "Who wants yum-yums?" (MEOW! MEOOOW! MEOW!), so I call him "thunder butt". Fat is he is though, he's quick and he LOVES to play and is always running around. He loves playing "fetch" with fuzzy craft pom-poms and little stuffed toys (like Teeny Beanie Baby size... looking forward to this year's Jingle Beanies to come out and hopefully they'll have another snowman because he's ripped apart his last 3 from playing with them so hard).

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I like the t-shirt of the Christmas costume but that is about it. I hate when that happens, I stand infront of the item going are you really going to buy it just for .....? lol
    That is my endless issue. I always love bits and pieces and it's rare I like the whole thing XD But I can't always justify the price...

I strongly dislike the new christmas costume. I just feel like it is incredibly uninspired, and a bit on the tacky side.

• Become part of MY world!

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    I strongly dislike the new christmas costume. I just feel like it is incredibly uninspired, and a bit on the tacky side.
    I feel the same way, I only like dressing my bears in stylish, elegant clothes and to me, that costume really screams TACKY, it's just bad bad BAD. Oh Disney...

---------- Post added 09-14-2011 at 06:11 PM ----------

I also really hope Tokyo improves their designs from last year cause I gotta say, last year's christmas ones, to me, were also kinda tacky, especially the Hello from Cape Cod versions.

haha it's almost like christmas brings out the tacky parade! LOL
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    I feel the same way, I only like dressing my bears in stylish, elegant clothes and to me, that costume really screams TACKY, it's just bad bad BAD. Oh Disney...

---------- Post added 09-14-2011 at 06:11 PM ----------

I also really hope Tokyo improves their designs from last year cause I gotta say, last year's christmas ones, to me, were also kinda tacky, especially the Hello from Cape Cod versions.

haha it's almost like christmas brings out the tacky parade! LOL
    Actually, this year's US Christmas costume is basically last year's Hello From Cape Cod costume. The only difference is that instead of the fur vest & scarf, we get a t-shirt. The overalls and hat look the same.

Steve Miller at Disney Merchandising responded to a comment I made on the blog about Duffy's costumes:

The Mickey Mouse Club costume that was recently shown on the official Facebook fan page for Duffy the Disney Bear will appear in early 2012. There are several other costumes being introduced next year, including one that is very strong in The Force But that’s another story…
    So there's conformation right there more costumes are coming next year, including one that sounds like it will be Star Wars related... probably a Jedi costume. Too bad I already have a Jedi costume from BAB.

I really do like that costume y'all posted from last year's Christmas at Tokyo and here's why;

A:Even though it is a simple costume, it is expertly executed and utilizes high quality materials for something that is going to be mass produced.

B: I feel that they made a Christmas staple (Caps, scarves, vests..) elegant and perfectly sweet.

C: In art, I have learned so much about texture. That fluffy white style makes me want to grab them and give em a big hug (How most of us feel about Duffy and Shellie May). I dont want to touch or feel any of that christmas stuff Disneyland and Disneyworld will be releasing. I think it would feel scratchy and sweaty and hot, which automatically turns me off of a new product.

I have some questions.

My cousin is going to LA (work trip) and there's a chance that she is going to DL or DCA in her days off, she is asking if I want something.

So I want to know wish new costumes are available and the names of the stores were they sell them, for what I remember Duffy stuff in DL is exclusive to some stores? unlke WDW were you can find him even at the hotel shops.

I like the pirate one, is still available?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    I have some questions.

My cousin is going to LA (work trip) and there's a chance that she is going to DL or DCA in her days off, she is asking if I want something.

So I want to know wish new costumes are available and the names of the stores were they sell them, for what I remember Duffy stuff in DL is exclusive to some stores? unlke WDW were you can find him even at the hotel shops.

I like the pirate one, is still available?
    The store with all the Duffy Merch is found at Treasures in Paradise at DCA in Paradise Pier.

Some stores in both park carry Duffy but have a limited amount of outfits available.

The shop in Main Street next to the Magic shop is considered (at least me) the DL place for Duffy.

The World of Disney Store at DtD also has Duffy but again, small outfit selection.

Pirate outfit is still available. Best place to get it is at Treasures in Paradise.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    The store with all the Duffy Merch is found at Treasures in Paradise at DCA in Paradise Pier.

Some stores in both park carry Duffy but have a limited amount of outfits available.

The shop in Main Street next to the Magic shop is considered (at least me) the DL place for Duffy.

The World of Disney Store at DtD also has Duffy but again, small outfit selection.

Pirate outfit is still available. Best place to get it is at Treasures in Paradise.
    Thank you so mush, it helps a lot.

They need to come out with Duffy car antenna toppers. I'd buy one even though I'm still mad someone stole the Tigger one I used to have.

I wanted to give you a heads up on the US Duffy Christmas costume. The t-shirt is actually attached to the suspenders, but with careful snipping, you can cut the strings that attach them so they can be true separates. The white fur on the hat and the pant cuffs is really soft. Feels like the white fur on my cat's chest/tummy. The belt actually looks leather-like and the buckle is either metal or plastic that looks like metal.

• I love that tiny bear!

SUPER-CUTE Japanese Christmas merch up! (Well, super-cute is IMHO. ) The page isn't much to look at but if you're new (like me ) and don't know, you can click on the pictures and it will take you to more pictures of fabulous Duffy goodness.

??????????? | "Duffy" The Disney Bear | ?????????

Oh, and belatedly, thanks for the heads-up on the US outfit, Aimster...potentially separate pieces makes it a lot more appealing, IMO. )

• Journey On!

Wow, the new costumes are Chrismastic — and so reasonably priced! I'm shocked and chocked with Christmas cheer!

I gotta say, though, that I am quite disappointed to see several items returning from last year, including the only costumes that were TDS-exclusive (and which was kinda pricey for Shellie May). Also, the two coin cases are based on the other Christmas design that got shared with HKDL. Not liking the casual re-release of earlier merch with no changes; dilutes the exclusivity and "specialness."

Still, all the stuff looks great, and I can't get over the pricing; it's like a present!^^ I love that tote bag, the "Home Sweet Christmas" theme, and those "paper doll" straps! Totally ing this, and can't wait to see merch for the rest of TDR Christmas 2011