Page 28 of 138 FirstFirst ... 31825262728293031385378128 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

If I recall correctly, the Duffy charm was $3.50.

Yeah japans charm beats ours hands down! Would love this if I could get it. But right now I just want is a Shellie may for my anniversary in march

• I love that tiny bear!

It's not new, but the 2011 Duffy is now under $10 (plus shipping and tax) at the Disney Store if you use the code "SALE15".

2011 Duffy the Disney Bear Plush Toy -- 12'' H | Plush | Disney Store

I do think most the people here probably have enough 12" Duffies, but I'm crazy tempted to buy a couple just to pass on to other people later. I mean, a 2011 hoodie is appropriate for a baby nephew born in 2011, right? (The hoodies come right off if you want to buy or make new clothes for him too!)

• North American Duffeteer

Brand new Duffy/ShellieMay merchandise are announced:

Two brand new outfits for the "Cannery Clothing Co." series. The outfits themed to winter and are priced at 9,800.

Here are the images of the new outfits:
    ??????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

They are set to be released on January 6th.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: New Duffy Merchandise

WOW...WOW!!!

Thanks for posting MikkiMausu; I wasn't expecting any further updates until mid-January. What a great surprise!

I these! These are much less "cute character" than the first CCC release, I think, more like real fashion. Shellie's earmuffs are adorable! But the price...sheesh...

Still, both coveralls look like they could actually be adapted for all seasons, making them the matching default set for the two bears. And Duffy's cap and jacket seem a direct response to the US Aviator we've talked about so much. In fact, this is instantly for me, the go-to "Adventurer Duffy" costume I have always wanted. It's actually iconic, I think. Like Mickey's red shorts, this jacket is the Duffy look I've been waiting for forever. I'm even more excited than I was about last year's "Paddington" coats!^^

While I love Shellie's (and will be buying both - those earmuffs!^^), it doesn't have quite the same impact as Duffy's. It's very cute and feels very specifically "Shellie May" and not just "cute," but Duffy's...* This is the costume I would never take him out of (if I didn't have so many!^^). This is the one look that actually captures exactly how I feel about this character. I do kinda wish the cap was brown, and I would like more than just a simple T-shirt, but...meh...this is just AWESOME!

*I take it back. With the cardigan worn under the coveralls and a newsy cap or her default bow, she's every bit the plucky adventurer Duffy is! In fact, that cardigan is the perfect match for Shellie's default Skirt/Panty set!^^

I'm already going with a friend on 1/13 for Tower of Terror - Level 13. If anybody wants these CCC outfits (and only these), let me know and I'll work out picking them up. I won't get anything else at that time because I'm going with friends and it's not supposed to be a shopping day. DuffyPost mark-up for these will be just 25% and if you get Sweet Duffy merchandise too, you'll only pay Park fees once and I'll combine shipping. I'm still planning to go 1/20 for Sweet Duffy launch, so save everything else for then (and if the new CCC outfits are still available, I'll still offer the 25% on this item only). But wait, there's more!^^...just checked the Official Site again and found...THIS!!!
    Full-size costumes are ¥4200, badges are ¥1500. With so many new items and the special Sweet Duffy discount, 1/20 looks like another BIG Shopping Day. We're still waiting for the Sweet Duffy update in the next few weeks, but please be thinking about Wish Lists, adding funds to PayPal and being ready for quick turnaround once it's all announced. Let's try to make the 1/20 DuffyPost as smooth and fast and Christmas was!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-08-2012 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Misremembered gratuity, adjusted for future.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I personally LOVE the 2nd release of Duffy's sorcerer costume! OMG I want this! If anything I want at least the badge! When do funds need to be transferred for the next DuffyPost? I'm trying to figure out if I can swing this since I don't get my first paycheck until January 15th.

• I love that tiny bear!

I'm not personally big on witches/sorcerers, but those outfits are really great. If I didn't live in America I'd almost be tempted! Lousy exchange rate.

The CCC.....just....wow. They're great outfits, especially Duffy's! To buy both of them would set me back considerably more than admission to Disneyland on my last trip, so yeah, not happening. Which is OK, I suppose, since I don't have a full-sized Duffy or Shellie May. But, I might have to start sewing for Tiny Duffy...I think he likes that way better than the Sweet Duffy stuff. At the least, he wants the hat.

Though I'm not sure if he'd wear the overalls. Maybe just the jacket and hat. I'd love to make the overalls for Tiny Shellie May...

• Become part of MY world!

Oh wow! New release for the 10th also! EEEEeee! Yea these robes are WAY better than the first release. I can actually admit now that I actually didn't really like the first robes released, but these, WOW! But I won't get them, it's just TOO much! But I have to get the CCC outfits so I have at least ONE from that series and those look the best thus far, and also need to safe up for Sweet Duffy. I'll email you DuffyD, once I set up a plan!

---------- Post added 12-28-2011 at 06:50 PM ----------

Oh jeez, just noticed the price is EVEN more for this CCC release than the last one looks like I might only be able to get one of them, gonna have to go with Duffy.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    ...Oh jeez, just noticed the price is EVEN more for this CCC release than the last one looks like I might only be able to get one of them, gonna have to go with Duffy.
    Yeah, I know, but it's a much more versatile design. I see this as my "base set" for both characters, so I want it to match. It's really only ¥900 more and I've dropped the Shopping Gratuity down to +25%. Tell you what, we'll make the Gratuity just +20% if you get both CCC outfits. I really want everybody who wants them to have them, and I really want to know that I chose them, especially if there are still issues like last time.^^

Remember that, especially outside Japan, these are pretty sure to just appreciate in value immensely. The first release goes for about ¥15,000 online now and I'm not even sure it's sold out in the park. I'm not trying to pressure anyone. It's just happened a couple times that someone didn't get something, decided later that they wanted it and had to pay a lot more on an auction, plus being an auction proxy is significantly more effort for me and I don't like to ask for more cash to do it.^^

Let me add, though, that the first release did not sell out right away. You might - might - be able to pick up Duffy's CCC with the Sweet Duffy Shopping Day and then get Shellie's along with Spring Voyage. It really just depends how quickly they sell out. I'll still offer the +20% rate for CCC during Spring Voyage. We still have no merchandise info, but if there's as much stuff for Spring Voyage as I think there's gonna be, I'll offer a pricing promotion for that, too. I am already thinking about it!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-08-2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Misremembered gratuity...adjusted for future.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow is right! Man, I go on vacation and look what happens! There is just so much to think about right now. I love it, but at the same time, it's all so sudden and close together. With this, the new Cannery Clothing Company release, and Sweet Duffy coming up, it's just overload!

I agree with so much of what you said, DuffyDaisuki! I would quote everything, but I'll just respond to points. I do have to say, that sometimes it really does feel like we share a brain. I had some of the exact same thoughts you did.

The Cannery Clothing Company sets really are less "cute" and more "fashion". Although, Duffy wearing just the overalls does look like a little kid, but with the jacket, hat, & boots, he's ready for adventure! I don't know that this is so much an aviator set as a motorcycle outfit though. I think it's turn-of-the-century "biker Duffy" to be honest. It looks amazing though, especially the zippers, buckles, buttons, & flaps on that jacket! LOVE it so much. The hat is great too, even in blue. Those boots are really nice too. The plain white T-shirt is a little...boring, but hey, I'm sure it's nice quality. What is NOT so nice is the new price! Darn, and I thought they were asking a lot for the first series at 8900...but now they're 9800??? Wow! So much money! I want them badly, but so pricey...

I do agree that both Duffy and Shellie May's outfits are extremely versatile this time, and could be mixed and matched with ease. Also, this really is Duffy's "default" adventure gear! I love the fact that there is a very big difference between the two bear's outfits this time. It's not a "girl" version of Duffy's. Shellie May's is very distinct and all her own. I'm sure the fabric on all of these is really nice too. I do wish they would release better and bigger pictures for these more expensive sets though...why they don't is strange.

Ok, on to the "Be Magical!" second series. Man, why didn't they release these the first time?? This is what fans were wanting. There were so many fan-created versions of these costumes. This set is basically what Mickey and Minne were wearing for the 10th Anniversary. I like them a lot.

DuffyD, I feel the same way you do about feeling "duped". I don't know that they actually did that on purpose, but I sure do feel like it's one or the other. I really like these, but maybe if I had known about them, I wouldn't have bought the first series. I do like the softness of the first set though, but these new ones are what most wanted from the beginning anyway. I do have to say that they will go very well with the US Sorcerer Mickey costume.

I also feel exactly the same way you do about the "10 Magical Tops". I got the t-shirts thinking that would be it, then the hoodies came out and I was kind of annoyed. They were cuter, but not different enough to warrant buying all of them. So, I just ignored them. I'm happy with what I have. It's just that, again, I would have liked to know something better was just around the corner. I guess that will always happen though.

---------- Post added 12-28-2011 at 11:56 PM ----------

I want the CCC costumes, but I have to figure out a way to pay for it.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...I do have to say, that sometimes it really does feel like we share a brain. I had some of the exact same thoughts you did.
    Often, yes.^^

...I don't know that this is so much an aviator set as a motorcycle outfit though. I think it's turn-of-the-century "biker Duffy" to be honest. It looks amazing though, especially the zippers, buckles, buttons, & flaps on that jacket! LOVE it so much. The hat is great too, even in blue...
    Wait...is it really blue? I thought black. If it's blue, I love it even more than if it was brown!!! And I think you're right about the design choice; it is more "biker." But, y'know, in that jacket, he can ride a bike, fly a plane, cross a crumbling rope ladder, find a treasure, solve a mystery, go over a waterfall, or even jump right into Prometheus itself if he has to. That is an Adventurer's jacket! Wouldn't it be nice if we could talk about how great this designer is, or go to an event and get her/his autograph...?

I do agree that both Duffy and Shellie May's outfits are extremely versatile this time, and could be mixed and matched with ease. Also, this really is Duffy's "default" adventure gear! I love the fact that there is a very big difference between the two bear's outfits this time. It's not a "girl" version of Duffy's. Shellie May's is very distinct and all her own. I'm sure the fabric on all of these is really nice too. I do wish they would release better and bigger pictures for these more expensive sets though...why they don't is strange.
    Bigger photos would be nice. I think Shellie's really is the "pretty damsel" version of Duffy's. Once those coveralls become the focal point, she looks like she could run or repair an engine if she really had to. And the way the cardigan and coveralls look to work with Shellie's default skirt and bow make me really happy; I hope it looks how I think it will. This pair actually reminds me a lot of Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow, which I mean to be a HUGE compliment.

...DuffyD, I feel the same way you do about feeling "duped". I don't know that they actually did that on purpose, but I sure do feel like it's one or the other. I really like these, but maybe if I had known about them, I wouldn't have bought the first series. I do like the softness of the first set though, but these new ones are what most wanted from the beginning anyway. I do have to say that they will go very well with the US Sorcerer Mickey costume.

I also feel exactly the same way you do about the "10 Magical Tops". I got the t-shirts thinking that would be it, then the hoodies came out and I was kind of annoyed. They were cuter, but not different enough to warrant buying all of them. So, I just ignored them. I'm happy with what I have. It's just that, again, I would have liked to know something better was just around the corner. I guess that will always happen though.
    Just when I deleted my rant cos I thought I was being a downer, you come along and agree. I feel vindicated!^^ Seriously, in all the years of Duffy collecting, I had never experienced buyer's remorse before except when I buy things that are not put out by OLC...until those "10 Tops!" I have never been sad that I bought something earlier and then another version came out. I guess some of the fans who started in 2004 might feel that way about some of the 2009/10 releases which were pretty straightforward fuller releases of earlier outfits, but that was many years later, not just a few months and during the same "non-event" that is the 10th Anniversary. The Duffy merchandise has been the best thing about this whole event, really capturing the "Be Magical!" theme. I'm gonna try not to complain too much, though. I think there was a lot for OLC to overcome this year and they have performed admirably. Thinking this way, the 10th Anniversary holds a very special place in my heart. It's a complicated feeling. I wish we knew what was planned that got cut, besides the popcorn and the video/photo memorial stuff...

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Wait...is it really blue? I thought black. If it's blue, I love it even more than if it was brown!!! And I think you're right about the design choice; it is more "biker." But, y'know, in that jacket, he can ride a bike, fly a plane, cross a crumbling rope ladder, find a treasure, solve a mystery, go over a waterfall, or even jump right into Prometheus itself if he has to. That is an Adventurer's jacket! Wouldn't it be nice if we could talk about how great this designer is, or go to an event and get her/his autograph...?
    Yeah, from what I can tell from the pictures, Duffy's hat looks like it's navy blue. That works well with the brown...and it's your favorite color combo!

I do agree that even if it might be a biker outfit, it's really suited for anything. It made me think of the young Indiana Jones when I first saw it. Or, the Rocketeer, or another action adventurer. I just finished watching "Up" with friends, and then I go online to find this...so perfect! It's just so classic looking. Right out of the pages of an adventure novel. In addition to watching "Up", I also just finished reading Jules Verne's "Journey to the Center of the Earth", and I guess I'm in the adventure spirit.

Oh, and yes, I would love to meet the designer of this costume! Totally loving their work right now.

Bigger photos would be nice. I think Shellie's really is the "pretty damsel" version of Duffy's. Once those coveralls become the focal point, she looks like she could run or repair an engine if she really had to. And the way the cardigan and coveralls look to work with Shellie's default skirt and bow make me really happy; I hope it looks how I think it will. This pair actually reminds me a lot of Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow, which I mean to be a HUGE compliment.
    I haven't seen that movie, but I remember the trailer. I'll have to rent it. I do think of Shellie as being both girly and tomby-ish at the same time, so the coveralls could her adventure gear. They do seem to be going for the "damsel" look to Duffy's "hero". I don't mind too much, but I think some of that is the Japanese sensibility. I do really like the plaid poncho, and her coveralls, and even the cardigan, despite its being pink. I think the sweater will really look great with her default skirt and bow too. So much potential.

Just when I deleted my rant cos I thought I was being a downer, you come along and agree. I feel vindicated!^^ Seriously, in all the years of Duffy collecting, I had never experienced buyer's remorse before except when I buy things that are not put out by OLC...until those "10 Tops!" I have never been sad that I bought something earlier and then another version came out. I guess some of the fans who started in 2004 might feel that way about some of the 2009/10 releases which were pretty straightforward fuller releases of earlier outfits, but that was many years later, not just a few months and during the same "non-event" that is the 10th Anniversary. The Duffy merchandise has been the best thing about this whole event, really capturing the "Be Magical!" theme. I'm gonna try not to complain too much, though. I think there was a lot for OLC to overcome this year and they have performed admirably. Thinking this way, the 10th Anniversary holds a very special place in my heart. It's a complicated feeling. I wish we knew what was planned that got cut, besides the popcorn and the video/photo memorial stuff...
    Yeah, I'll give them a little slack on the 10th anniversary since they had to deal with quite a lot. Still not happy about a nicer release down the line though. I see your point about people maybe buying the very early Duffy set and then OLC releasing newer and better versions of those, but at least those were so much better that it justified it...also those were almost a "we know you loved these, and they are no longer available, so we'll re-issue them" kind of thing. It was fan-service...I guess. The ones that weren't so much, were 2010's re-issue of the Halloween Pumpkin costumes, and then the 2011 re-issue of the Heartful Sailor costumes for Sweet Duffy. Those were only a year apart from their original releases.

Personally, I didn't feel so bad about them because I just didn't buy them. I felt no need, since I had the firs sets. They weren't noticeably better than the originals, so I couldn't justify it. In fact, with the Heartful Sailor outfits, I felt the original was better anyway, because they had shoes!

• Become part of MY world!

Oh gawd! DuffyD that 15% is very tempting, I may have to pull out the credit cards for these! LOL. The more I look at it the more fond I am of Shellie's outfit, I may just cave in. Sorry, I sent you my wish list already, but I might change my mind, I hope that's ok.

I feel all your pain. It's usually why I'm a very cautious buyer when it comes to a lot of things, I usually take the wait and see approach, but with limited releases like these, it's hard to do that, and you feel duped. But even if they have released better versions, I think every single product coming out of OLC has been above and beyond superb! Some more than others, but the quality is ALWAYS there. Some thing not found anywhere in the world. So even with Duffy releases it's hard to feel buyer's remorse because the market is so limited!

---------- Post added 12-28-2011 at 10:40 PM ----------

Gaaah, I'm so conflicted right now! I don't know weather I should get Shellie's now or do what DuffyD said and buy it with the Spring Voyage! On one hand, I'm guaranteed to get the outfit, but I don't really wanna use the credit card, but if I wait I risk the chance that they run out! Errrrrm! Sorry DuffyD! I'm still deciding!

---------- Post added 12-28-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

ok, I sent in my final wish list DuffyD! Thanks again for this service it's greatly appreciated!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursulalvr View Post
    ...Gaaah, I'm so conflicted right now! I don't know weather I should get Shellie's now or do what DuffyD said and buy it with the Spring Voyage! On one hand, I'm guaranteed to get the outfit, but I don't really wanna use the credit card, but if I wait I risk the chance that they run out! Errrrrm! Sorry DuffyD! I'm still deciding!
    I completely understand. Take your time. I think I'll go on 1/13, which makes D-day for first-run CCC costumes 1/4. That's as close as I'm willing to risk. These are too expensive for me to be able to cover people. Assuming that Sweet Duffy starts 1/20, D-day for that Shopping Trip will be 1/6, two weeks before. If more flexibility with dates is needed and you are a previous WishLister, email me privately and we can talk. I can tell you in advance that nothing will be purchased for transfers made later than the Shopping Date, of course.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ugh I'm probably going to have to bow out the upcoming DuffyPost next month if they don't release more details on the Sweet Duffy stuff soon (like before 1/6). Yeah we've seen a sneak peek at the 17" bear costumes, but I'm curious to see what else is going to be available. I'm actually getting a smallish paycheck tomorrow (HR was able to get my paperwork entered in time), but it's only for 4 days pay (where I'm working now pays twice a month... on the 15th and on the last day of the month) and I need to use it to pay a couple bills that are going to be due before I get my first big/normal paycheck on the 15th. Poop.