Page 31 of 145 FirstFirst ... 62128293031323334415681131 ... LastLast

• Felice Natale!

Sad Re: New Duffy Merchandise

The hat is cute, and could easily be fitted to 17" Duffy with a bit of elastic and minimal sewing. The shirt is just the typical US click-n-fill "design," so no loss there. It was cool when they had the T-shirts for each park for the full-sized Duffys; do they even still make those, or is it all "Disney Parks" now? I was impressed with those because they were something we don't have in Tokyo that actually seemed like something American Disney tourists were likely to genuinely enjoy. It's a very American concept (Japanese Disney fashion is quite different), and it seemed like a sincere, natural and memorable item that might actually enhance someone's connection to Duffy. That's my measure.

NOTE: Looked it up and they still exist. I could only find the WDW one on the website, but there was a different one for DCA. Well, it had a different print, at least. It's exactly the same colors and base design. I really thought these were different colors originally, too... Still, I like this. It's not something I would ever buy personally, but I can imagine that US park-goers might actually find it charming. If it was $10 or under, I'd also think it was somewhat reasonably priced. It's $18, though, which I consider highway robbery.

This Tampa Bay Rays shirt (hey, Aimster!^^) from Build-A-Bear goes for $6.50, but it doesn't include a hat. Still, it also has a more complex neckline and looks to be made from higher quality material:

This one is more directly comparable to the Disney one, though still with a far nicer neckline, and it sells for just $5, as do most of the other Raglan tees from BAB, except the ones that are $6.50...and the ones that are only $3:

My advice would be to buy an iron-on and a blank BAB raglan tee (also $5), and make it yourself. Or even make your own image, print out your own iron-on and have a super custom job just the way you want it.^^

Tokyo items cost more than the US, no doubt. But when it comes to value for money and not feeling like a chump, I'm far more impressed with OLC and BAB. You're probably right that some Tokyo fans also think the US stuff is cute, but I've never seen it in the parks. I've seen it for sale on auctions and websites and even in shops, but I've never seen anyone actually showing it off. Disney is not invested in doing this well and their prices are a total rip-off, speaking bluntly. They make Duffy look like a scam, and he's not!

• Become part of MY world!

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Not impressed in the least. All just generic, generic, generic! Disney is not even trying anymore! Please Disney, LEAVE DUFFY ALONE!!!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Cute I like the hat mostly, I agree that he needs shorts or pants.

But actually what is bugging me the most is a typo in "Los Feliz Five & Dime"

If they are using "feliz" it's singular, example "ella es feliz" (she's happy) , but when it's plural it should be "felices" example "los niños son felices" (the children are happy)

So it the case above it should be "los felices five & dime", since they are talking about plural, since "los" means "the" in plural.
    You're right. The thing is, with this name, it's a real location in California. Los Feliz is a city near Los Angeles, so the store name is in reference to that, not the actual word.

---------- Post added 01-13-2012 at 09:17 AM ----------

As for the new costume...the DCA one. I like the hat. I really am hating the scatter patterns they keep using. Even the new "tourist" Duffy has the similar pattern on it. So cheap looking and boring. Like DuffyD said, it's just an easy way to avoid being careful with seams and hems. I like the bowling shirt concept DuffyD mentioned. That would be cute. I do admit to liking the "Mickey's Trailer" motif to the Route 66/DCA merchandise though. It fits, and I like the general feel of it. Duffy's costume is at least better than a patterned hoodie, or generic t-shirt, but not by a whole lot. Still, I do like that hat.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I have that Rays shirt from BAB and the Rays logo on it is actually kind of velvety feeling. They also make a pink version that has a few rhinestones for girly bling. Definitely higher quality than what the US parks have put out.

• Wag More, Bark Less!

I want this!

• I love that tiny bear!

I would buy those pajamas for a 17" bear, a 12" bear...or for a person. If only they'd put them on DUFFY and not that homely bear template.

I do understand BAB clothes fit the 12" bears, though I from my limited experience (girl clothes) they fit the 17" bears better. If there were a 12" Shellie May, I would definitely buy her some BAB clothes--I think a princess dress would look great on her, and skirts are more forgiving than pants.

If anyone still needs a 12" Duffy (not sure that applies to any posters here at this point, but you never know), the Disney Store online has the 2011 one for $11.25, and the code SALE30 gives you 30% off this weekend. So $7.87 plus tax and shipping!

One note, though--I think the noses might be crooked on the 2011 Duffies in general. The one I got had a crooked nose but I figured it was just a fluke and still loved him. But the one I bought for my brother's baby had the same issue. No wonder they didn't sell!

Still, if you were going to buy something else (so shipping doesn't get you), $7.87 is so cheap it makes me want to buy them and give them to Toys for Tots in December to share some Duffy love. If shipping were free and their noses might not be crooked, I just might.

• Adventures with Duffy

The PJ set looks cute. I hope they would release the slippers & hat. That would add some nice touches. I'm not a fan of the hat saying Duffy. The hat looks like the same one TDS released a few years ago and Disney is using the left overs and adding Duffy name to it. I hope the quality on the pj set is good. Looking forward to seeing it.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Minion

Yeah, I don't know about the 12" Duffys (mine still hasn't arrived yet. Grr), but I know Lil D has trouble fitting into most BaB clothes. Some things are ok, like the black and red striped hoodie seems to fit him quite well, while most of the shirts are too baggy and long. Pants are a total bust.

BTW, I KNEW if I had waited just a little bit longer that 2011 Duffy would have been even cheaper! Dang, that always happens to me. Oh well. Oh and I'll also have to see if the one they send me has a crooked nose. That's one thing I don't like about ordering stuff online. I usually like to pick out my own stuff...with online you never know what the one they send you will be like, but I'm sure I'll love him anyway. Although if my new arrival DOES have a crooked nose, I suppose it would make Lil D feel pretty good since he too has his own nasal defect.

• Become part of MY world!

Eh, it's ok, but not my cup of tea. If it's an actual costume, I'll definitely get it for my sister. She's been bugging me to get her Duffy PJs because she likes sleeping with him! ^^

And about BAB clothes, I usually find a lot of the clothes is too small and too big in some parts for Duffy! Especially pants! They're all low riders! Haha, idk how aimster makes them look so good. Dresses usually fit Shellie may pretty well, with just a few alterations, but it's harder to find clothes that fits Duffy!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Adventures with Duffy

Have you tried Build a Dino pants for Duffy? The seem to fit him better in length but they are a bit big for him around his tummy. Some BaB shirts come up short on my Duffy. I have to remind myself that my Duffy has a bit of a different shape then your guys Duffy
    and that effects the clothes he wares. But try the Build a Dino pants you may like them.

As for BaB that I have for Shellie seems to big for her

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

SOME stuff from BAB fits the 12" Duffy. BAB stuff fits 17" Duffy & Shellie May almost perfectly (some tops and dressed are slightly big).

• Future Indy Castmember

New Disney Parks merch on the way. Duffy will be included in a pin set that will be released in the summer.

Disney Parks Merchandise on the Horizon « Disney Parks Blog

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I love that tiny bear!

I wish that was a real vanity plate and not a pin!

• Wag More, Bark Less!

Anyone seen this in the parks yet? It's available.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-Disneylan...Z6-w~~60_3.JPG

It's finally out??? SWEET! I'll check when I go to Epcot next month.

---------- Post added 01-29-2012 at 02:57 PM ----------

Ok turns out my mom is at Downtown Disney in Orlando right now and she's going to check at Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney for me and let me know if that Mouseketeer costume is at WDW yet. Will keep you posted.