Page 32 of 129 FirstFirst ... 72229303132333435425782 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Ok so my mom checked at World of Disney and Once Upon a Toy and the Mouseketeer costume is not available at WDW yet, but I'm betting it'll be soon.

They do, however, have the 12" Duffy dressed as a "tourist" and wearing a Goofy earhat.

Yep that's the one.

So I just saw that Arribas Brothers has a Duffy figurine for sale. It's ummmmm... well take a look for yourself.

MINI DUFFY BEAR FIGURINE CRYSTAL Welcome To Arribas.com - Disney Collectibles, Arribas Collectibles, Custom Awards, Fine Crystal, Novelty, Sports, Gift Finder & More!

Can we say, yikes? He looks spooked. It's just creepy. I'll be passing on this one. Whoever actually approved this design had to be smoking some bad crack or is a Duffy hater.

• I love that tiny bear!

I think the spinner was probably the worst Duffy merchandise. http://www.disneystore.com/duffy-the...93079/1006801/

The crystal bear is off-model and maybe a bit homely, but I'm not sure he's actually UGLY. If they fixed the eyes and the smile I think he'd be a bit cute. (Though those crystals are garish--and that's coming from someone who likes sparkly things--I'm gonna assume that's the style.)

That's what Arribas Bros. does. glass & sparkly stuff. I agree the eyes are the worst part of it. He looks... high (like he just smoked a big joint).

• Minion

Are they kidding with that? It's almost as if Disney WANTS Duffy to fail...

• North American Duffeteer

Announced at the official Duffy site:

A brand new Duffy and ShellieMay sticker set. Both are priced at 450 and is set to be released on 2/7.

If you scroll down, you can see the image along with the debut date.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ds/index2.html
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ds/index3.html

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Ok that Donald fig is downright scary. Iveseen a lot of things Arribas Bros. Makes and those are the worst. They do make some cute stuff though. Honest! They make some really gorgeous blown glass figurine and stuff. I'll take photos of the DTD store when I go to WDW in a few weeks.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow, at first I thought the Arribas Brothers Duffy was awful looking, but Messica's comparisons show that it's not unique... Those things are all pretty ugly. I tend to like shiny, sparkly things. I don't even mind jewel encrusted items either...if they're tasteful. These...no...

Oh, and thanks, Mikki, for letting us know about the new sticker sets, they're very cute. They're probably flocked stickers too.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Ok that Donald fig is downright scary. Iveseen a lot of things Arribas Bros. Makes and those are the worst. They do make some cute stuff though. Honest! They make some really gorgeous blown glass figurine and stuff. I'll take photos of the DTD store when I go to WDW in a few weeks.
    I believe you. Even some of the mini figures weren't bad (the Toy Story alien was even kind of cute!). But in the website photos, at least, Duffy's design appears to match the most major characters' design (not good), so that's strangely comforting.

Thanks for the sticker info, MikkiMausu! The Duffy stickers remind me a LOT of the poses of Duffy on the TDS Cape Cod picture (where you can click on him and he'll look up or wave at you). Love it! Shellie May...looks very girly. Not surprised.

• I love that tiny bear!

Aimster posted this on Duffy, the Disney Bear regarding the 3 outfits for $30 deal on US outfits:

Dynamic Deal for Duffy the Disney Bear Costumes Disney Parks Blog

“We have a lot of exciting things coming for Duffy in 2012,” explained Denise. “This promotion helps us do two things – give a great deal to fans of Duffy and helps us keep our assortment fresh.”
    Which makes me cautiously optimistic that better outfits are coming. I think the newer outfits that have come out are overall nicer than the first wave of outfits. It's also a statement that DIsney isn't giving up US Duffy. (Not that such statements are always accurate, granted, but still.)

And in the comments:

The Duffy team has been partnering closely with the Disneyland Resort Paris team. They will have several of the items that will be introduced this year. I still need to make it over to Paris! I heard it is beautiful
    I kind of doubt the Paris items will be anything like as nice or interesting as that Duffy display of designer costumes. But I'll admit that the unique/designer costumes are the first thing that came to my mind when I read that!

• North American Duffeteer

Another Duffy merchandise announcement:

Part of the My Friend Duffy merchandise line, we have two brand new pin plush badges: Mickey dressed in an admiral's outfit and Minnie in a purple dress and a sewing apron as she wore in Act 1 of the show. Both are priced at 1400 and are set to be released on 2/10.

Here are the images:
    ????????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????
    Last edited by MikkiMausu99; 02-03-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Wrong release date...Oops.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011