Page 34 of 144 FirstFirst ... 92431323334353637445984134 ... LastLast

• Felice Natale!

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

The only problem I see with this logic is the same one I always have, "Build-A-Bear does it." Perhaps it's my ignorance, but it doesn't seem to be a safety problem for BAB, PR or actual.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    The only problem I see with this logic is the same one I always have, "Build-A-Bear does it." Perhaps it's my ignorance, but it doesn't seem to be a safety problem for BAB, PR or actual.
    This. Totally. And if something might be a choking hazard, they put tags on it that say so, that way if a dumbskull parent gives something that may be a choking hazard to a child too young and said child chokes, legal is covered because a warning was in place... just the parent failed to heed to it. I really hate how sue-happy the US has become in the last 20 years or so. You don't see many cases like these outside the States as it seems people overseas have more common sense about things for the most part. But here in America.... hundreds of idiot cases like these are filed every single day. No wonder the rest of the world makes fun of us... we deserve it.

How many costumes are offered for Duffy in Disneyworld in Florida and Disneyland in California??? Does anyone have a list of them. I would like to collect them all!!!

• Wag More, Bark Less!

China
    Mexico
    France
    Germany
    US Baseball
    UK
    Buzz Woody
    Cars
    Aviator
    Sorcerer
    Mickey Mouse Club
    Safari
    Pirate
    My first trip to WDW/Disnyland
    Sailor

I think that it is, did I get every one, if not feel free to add to the list.

Add to the list Canada and Christmas. Thank you for the list. I need only three to complete the set!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You forgot the new Jedi Training Academy one as apparently it's already available at Disneyland/DCA and probably at WDW too.

And apparently they're phasing out the safari, My first Visit to WDW and baseball ones as at the Charcter Warehouse outlets nearby, they have a deal if you buy 17" Duffy you get those 3 costumes free. At least that's the impression I got when I saw that deal there last month.

• Wag More, Bark Less!

Yes, Jedi. I forgot that one. It's at WDW now!

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ...And apparently they're phasing out the safari, My first Visit to WDW and baseball ones as at the Charcter Warehouse outlets nearby, they have a deal if you buy 17" Duffy you get those 3 costumes free...
    As much as I hate to see Duffy as a "bargain basement item," the US marketing just really goes for cheap deals. The only problem with that, other than quality, is that I would never wanna buy anything at full price, knowing that such over-the-top deals are likely coming down the line. I understand the pricing strategy for small items that are just a little piece of random merchandise, but for establishing a "new" character as legitimate and valuable, I'm not sure this works for me.

• Wag More, Bark Less!

Found this on ebay. It's interesting because this is one from Hong Kong. However, when you read it carefully it says "Disney Parks" on it. This might make it's way to Epcot. It would be perfect for that!

Disney Hong Kong Duffy the Disney Bear Passport Set Sticker Lanyard PVC Holder | eBay

• Felice Natale!

Thanks, updebrooke! the concept, not wild about the design. If it was less than $10, though, I'd totally buy it. I wonder what it retails for?

• Wag More, Bark Less!

I'm guessing it's 19.99, but it looks fun! I went through all the pictures and I'm sure it's coming to DL and WDW.

• Felice Natale!

If the past year of US Duffy releases are any indication, even if it starts at $19.99, it won't stay at that price long. If anybody sees it under $10, please pick up one for me.^^

You'll notice that any park merchandise has the generic "Disney Parks" on it these days. It's all part of the Corporate Strategy that they are "One Park". The executives have forgotten what makes souvenirs special - individual park styles/labeling, unique. I want someone to know where I got it from. My spend on US Park Merchandise is down to less than $200/yr. My spend on Tokyo Park Merchandise is ... well let's just say obscene by comparison.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Adventures with Duffy

I agree with TDS Duffy, Im not a fan of the One Park thing. I too want to let others know where Ive gotten an item. Its the fun part about it. I remember as a kid seeing WDW t-shirts and going I wish I could go there. Then when i was able to go there, it was so special to have a WDW t-shirt that I couldnt buy at DL. And I know not everyone lives by a Disney Park so maybe that doesn't matter, but DLR is mostly a locals park, so of course they want different stuff when they go to other parks. Heck I want land only items, like Tomorrowland and so on items. I loved going shopping at DL and getting different items at different shops. No I dont bother.

I have stopped spending much money in the State Parks, sad but true. I would buy the Duffy Past Port, because I was thinking about making one. But I dont buy the the duffy costumes at DL anymore. That $20 or so adds up over time and I can buy better costumes at TDS. And its special because it is only at TDS. I wish Disney would change their minds on the one park thing.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I agree with you Janell I really don't like this one park thing, each park is different and should be celebrated as being different and having items that are just as unique to them selves, I to remember the different disney parks having different items and as a kid thats is what made me want to go from the park here in california to the one in florida or even the one in paris and now the one in tokyo and all over the world.

some of the over seas parks do have park branded items such as tokyo and paris, I just wish they would re do that over here again as the two parks yes are in the united states but they are two different worlds. I would love the chance to go to florida and visit the resort again because it is different, but when I walk into the disney store... I just see the park over and over and over again the something special and spark isn't there because that allusive item from a certain part of the park is gone because its sitting on the shelf in stores all over the country.

Please don't get me wrong, I love that everybody can get disney things and hold onto a piece of the magic no matter where they are. I just miss the childlike wonder and magic when you get to hold the item you had to go into get and that it was special because of where you got obtained it and the memories that you made in order to get it rather it be a phone call through friends or your self at the park with friends and family.

Onto Duffys costumes at the park, the last few times I've been inside the park I've been disappointed, they have been running wonderful sales don't get me wrong on that (buy 3 for 30 which I believe is still in effect) but the costumes are not the best quality and maybe the people going into buy them are hurting them (last time I wanted to get one sorcerer costumes and on all of the costumes the ear area is ripped off, or maybe just not placed properly) but they may just want to place Duffy's clothing in a nice bag for you to buy as well so that way if it is just somebody going in they don't ruin the stock that is out on the floor and if it isn't then we as consumers know that the costume is less then to be desired as it will be (ripped or hurt easily.)

I'd love it if maybe the could get inspiration from tokyo sea and make nicer clothing or at least be proactive with what we have.

sorry for the long rant.