Page 42 of 136 FirstFirst ... 173239404142434445526792 ... LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

I'm worried the chocolate would melt out here but that's a neat idea...now I don't know what I would do, Diznygrl! Though at $39+ it's not likely to be a concern...

Duffyholic, I'd love to see the cups and straws! Some of the Paris goods are so much better than the US ones. I am guessing the XL Duffy is the same as the 28" Duffy which was at one time sold in the US parks...not sure if he is now, but is on the Disney Store website for $45, and at clearance outlets.

30 Euros? With the exchange rate, that's just a few dollars more than the US 12" Duffies, and the Paris Duffy has such nice clothes! Great for people who want Paris anniversary Duffy; sad for people buying 12" Duffies in the US.

New Duffy Halloween pin will be released on Aug 9 at both DL and WDW.
    It will cost $7.95 and feature Duffy in his pumpkin costume with his Duffy
    trick or treat bucket. I am excited for this pin because it is really cute, but I hope that we get a new Halloween costume for this year. The Mickey and Minnie pins also being released are in similar outfits that they wore last year at the park. So who knows if the costumes will be a repeat of last year or if we are blessed with new ones. Til then my fingures are crossed

Duffy the Disney Bear - Halloween

Name:  400006537676.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  101.4 KB

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Yea, I doubt it will be different than that pin, Disney is all about synergy. I will be pleasantly surprised if they do, but I doubt it, and won't get it anyways. LOL

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That pin sure is cute, though!^^

• Wag More, Bark Less!

The pumpkin Duffy pin is out!! I got it at Epcot the other day. Also, I saw one of the pumpkin outfits for the 17" Duffy at the main gift shop at the Boardwalk. It looked the same as last years. Wasn't sure if it was a return or not.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by updebrooke View Post
    The pumpkin Duffy pin is out!! I got it at Epcot the other day. Also, I saw one of the pumpkin outfits for the 17" Duffy at the main gift shop at the Boardwalk. It looked the same as last years. Wasn't sure if it was a return or not.
    The pin is cute. I'll probably get it.

The same pumpkin costume from HK last year? Ehhh... I'll probably pass. I got my Captain EO costume coming that my aunt is going to make. That will be 100 times better.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I suppose it's good that the HK pumpkin costume is finally making it's way to the US. I was kind of baffled why it didn't happen that same year anyway. However, with that said, I'm disappointed that it's...well, the same pumpkin outfit. For me especially, since I already have the superior TDS version, there's no need to buy this. But, for those who missed out, it's not a bad substitute. I'm not going to totally knock it, because it is based on the TDS pumpkin design...but, yeah, at the same time...it's based on the TDS pumpkin design. LOL, that sounds weird, but I'm saying that it has that going for, and against it, in my opinion.

I totally get what you mean, gurgi.

I told my aunt I'm planning on going to Mickey's Not-So-Scary on October 18. She said she'll have the Captain EO costume done and sent to me before then. She said she's looking forward to making it. I can't wait to show it off!

Today I went to downtown Disney and the cast members were fawning over Shellie. One of the cast members told that they are bringing Shellie over next year but she didn't know when exactly.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I had started really hoping they'd give up before Shellie's debut and spare her the mismanagement. To be honest, I take "Shellie's coming!" about as seriously as Peter crying wolf at this point. We've heard this a gazillion times. One day it may actually be true, but I hope the right people are working on Duffy then. Disney could do this better than anyone on Earth, which just makes it frustrating when they don't.

If I hear one more US cast member say "Shellie's coming to the States!" I am going to sucker punch them. OMG STOP IT. It is 99% NOT going to happen. I hate it when CMs make up stuff to get people excited.

I got so tired of waiting for Shellie May to come to the US parks that I just purchased her online. I really wanted to pick her out and buy her in person. But have kind of lost hope that they'll bring her over any time soon.

The cast member seemed so excited when she told me that Shellie is coming to the states next year. They should stop getting people's hopes up because I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a long while before she comes to the states.

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Disney US has released a new pre-dressed Halloween Duffy plush. Retails for $15. Looks like the same outfit that was discussed earlier, but includes a Duffy trick or treat bag: (Here's an ebay auction to better see the quality)

Well... speaking mainly of the bag, it looks pretty tacky and so cheap! Looks like the kind of material that will peel off or wear out "break" in time. They didn't even add filling or try and make it look roundish. Poor Duffy and his flat bag! Of course you could fix that yourself. I think a real plush (not that satin-ish material) with embroidered parts would've been so much cuter. His ears also look off.
    Last edited by Danimated; 08-14-2012 at 12:08 PM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I just don't get this at all. Why 12"? I mean, that's the Hong Kong costume; it was already made for the 17" bear. Why not just release it (although if I was a Duffy fan in Hong Kong, I'd be so proud we have at least one exclusive item!^^)???

And that bag! That's actually shocking bordering on offensive. I honestly didn't understand what you were going on about from looking at the photo in your post. It looks round, and of course I expected it to be round. And that photo makes it look round…I hope they don't sell these online. That's actually not an easy fix, either. It wouldn't be as simple as stuffing; it's a whole other shape, which actually means you'd have to find exactly the same fabric in exactly the same orange. Seems like a lot of trouble to me.

This was US Duffy's chance to really impress. Lots of us felt a disconnect with Tokyo's "Halloween Ladybugs" and most of us thought that pin was very cute. This could've been a home run for the American team…