Page 43 of 138 FirstFirst ... 183340414243444546536893 ... LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

I was a bit excited by the picture you posted, Danimated. If the actual product looked like the picture you showed, I can see where $15 would be a steal. Generally speaking, smaller clothing items often cost nearly as much as larger ones, because you don't save THAT much money on materials, and it's harder to sew small things. So to get a smaller Duffy, pre-dressed, with a bag, for HALF the (base) price of a pre-dressed 12" Duffy or undressed 17" Duffy? (Less than twice the price of a magnet or keychain Duffy!) And the Duffy is cute? It looked like a deal! I wouldn't have even minded the flat bag (bags are meant to be filled with things, right?).

Then I saw the eBay listing. Just...wow. Doesn't even look like the same product to me. The ears are seriously deformed. (Though I should maybe give Disney some credit...often their photos look WORSE than the actual product. This one, not so much.)

Granted, maybe with a bit of squishing and fluffing he might start to approach passable...but the eBay picture looks like it SHOULD be half the price of the $30 12" Duffy. Ugh.

I would have preferred to see a different costume, too. Then again, after seeing the eBay picture, I don't want to buy this Duffy at all. Whereas if it has been a new/unique costume, there might have been some temptation, even if the quality is lacking. So I guess it's good we got the same Halloween outfit AGAIN!

From the ruler picture, it looks like he's right around the same size as the smiling Spring Voyage Duffy and Shellie May.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I was a bit excited by the picture you posted, Danimated. If the actual product looked like the picture you showed, I can see where $15 would be a steal. …I wouldn't have even minded the flat bag (bags are meant to be filled with things, right?).

Then I saw the eBay listing. Just...wow. Doesn't even look like the same product to me.
    I had the same experience, Eeee-va. I really want Duffy to do well in the US and a product that leaves such different impressions from the photo isn't the way to get people on board. And it's got that weird Duffy smile on the basket. Ever since you called my attention to that smile, I can't stand it. I blame you!

That flat bag is a real problem, though. Even if you put a piece of candy or something in it, it won't look right because it has no depth.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow...I looked it up on Ebay too, and it's a 9" Duffy, and looks terrible. The flat bag is just a waste.

How...could the cute pin artwork be abandoned for the actual stuffed toy? The pumpkin basket has that cute TDS design on the pin, but the plush one? No...looks like zombie Duffy...

• Tokyo Disney is life!

Zombie... haha!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I honestly didn't understand what you were going on about from looking at the photo in your post. It looks round, and of course I expected it to be round. And that photo makes it look round…
    I probably should've left it at flat. 'Cause as lantern I expect it to be "poofy"; for lack of a better word.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I hope they don't sell these online.
    If you mean the Disney Store site, they are.
    Last edited by Danimated; 08-15-2012 at 09:52 AM.

I think it looks cute and just ordered it. For $15 its worth a try .

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Danimated View Post
    …I probably should've left it at flat. 'Cause as lantern I expect it to be "poofy"; for lack of a better word.

If you mean the Disney Store site, they are.
    I didn't mean I didn't understand what you said, Danimated. I meant I didn't understand from that photo just how flat the bag was. I meant that the photo was misleading, not you.^^

It's a real shame if someone buys it online, not fully understanding what they're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnmom View Post
    I think it looks cute and just ordered it. For $15 its worth a try .
    I hope you'll love it, Cdnmom. You certainly know what you're getting, so if the price makes it work for you and Duffy makes you happy, that's absolutely great.

I did just see the eBay one and I see what you mean... . But I am still hoping for cute!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I didn't see this 9" Halloween Duffy at WDW (and I was there for 3 days). I did see the pin though, so I got that. Didn't see the pumpkin costume either. But... they had the sorcerer costume back in stock at several shops at Epcot.

• Wag More, Bark Less!

I saw the Halloween Outfit at one of the shops on the Boardwalk and at Hollywood Studios. I too did not see the 9" Halloween Duffy.

• I love that tiny bear!

The 9" Halloween Duffy has been spotted in Disneyland Resort. He looks a lot better than the eBay one...though the fact that he is hiding his wrong-smiled, flat treat bag doesn't hurt!

From Disneyland removes balls, speeds up Luigi's Flying Tires in Cars Land

I am afraid that in the unlikely chance he is in Disneyland during my next visit and is cute, it may be hard not to cave. Drat.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Ok, that picture does make him look cute. There is still no excuse for that cheap, flat trick or treat bag though...maybe that's why he's hiding it...he's embarrassed. I mean, how much candy could he possibly fit in there?

Oh, and Jack Skelington Mickey is...weird. Not sure the concept works...for me at least.

• I love that tiny bear!

The Jack Skellington Mickey has stitches in his mouth, which you can't really see in the picture...I saw a different picture of him and it struck me as pretty cute. The skeleton hands in that one are kind of creeping me out though!

• I love that tiny bear!

Pressed pennies and elongated coin machines at Disneyland reports there are 2 new Duffy coins at Disney California Adventure! One has Duffy in his sailor outfit and one has Mickey and Duffy. Comparing to the WDW coins on the same site, they seem to be different (though the sailor Duffy is not that differently and looks off-center...hopefully that's just a bad press). All the new DCA pennies have backstamps so I would guess there is a Paradise Pier backstamp on these.

I am going to have to start saving my pennies and quarters!

• North American Duffeteer

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Those pressed pennies are cute! I need to add them to my collection. Now to find someone at DL that can get them for me.