Page 45 of 131 FirstFirst ... 203542434445464748557095 ... LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Dreamfinder would've been great, and maybe we'll get EO in 2016!^^

•   
    • White Water Snacker!

I was DLR today and went to the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney. I took a look at their Duffy section and saw this winter/Christmas sweater:

I bought one (price tag $20!!! ). When I got home Duffy was all happy to try it on.

The sweater is very nice, feels like they used two layers of fabric. The cap feels too big for Duffy. If you want to get his ears through the ear holes, the cap comes down to far and covers his eyes.

Well anyways, even though Shellie had gotten her own sweater outfit from Build a Bear last week...

She got all upset and snatched it off Duffy and tried it on for herself.

Leaving poor Duffy traumatized.

A quick side note, the sweater has the typical Duffy the Disney Bear tag on it.

However, on the back of the tag, instead of the usual Disney Parks label, it just has a plain Disney label.

Just thought I'd mention it since I've never seen this on any US Duffy merchandise.

• North American Duffeteer

The new Duffy sweater's appearance, to me, resembles that of their Home Sweet Christmas sweaters from last year. I think the sweater's design has a very well used Cape Cod/New England feel to it.

What do you guys think about it?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Thanks for showing us the sweater, huskydawg. I like it and am very happy about it. The Cape Cod Caroler merchandise is very pretty, but sadly, it is more Christmas-oriented/for those who celebrate Christmas. This sweater gives my Duffy and ShellieMay the opportunity to wear Disney apparel that is somewhat Chanukah-esque during the holiday season.

In case Disney doesn't post this sweater online, would anyone who is planning on visiting DLR or WDW be able to purchase one for me?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    Thanks for showing us the sweater, huskydawg. I like it and am very happy about it. The Cape Cod Caroler merchandise is very pretty, but sadly, it is more Christmas-oriented/for those who celebrate Christmas. This sweater gives my Duffy and ShellieMay the opportunity to wear Disney apparel that is somewhat Chanukah-esque during the holiday season.

In case Disney doesn't post this sweater online, would anyone who is planning on visiting DLR or WDW be able to purchase one for me?
    I was going to say that it looked like it could be something they did for Hanukkah, with the subtle (or not) star of David around the middle. It's definitely something great for all winter. My only issue is that it seems to be ill-fitting. Still, it's nice that they actually released something new, and something kind of cute...and not terribly cheap looking. I like it overall. Oh, and for the hat, maybe you could pull it down to put his ears through, and roll up the brim to show his eyes?

I plan on going to WDW soon. If you want you can PM me I'm happy to help a fellow duffy fan

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'll have to look for that next time I'm at WDW. I was there Sunday and didn't see this at all (though I did see the Mouseketeer and sorcerer costumes back in stock, along with the Halloween one).

• Wag More, Bark Less!

They had this sweater at Epcot Duffy shop. I bought one but sadly I have to return it. It already has a rip in it. It seems like the sweater tears very easily and it's cheaply made. I was a bit upset.

Quote Originally Posted by updebrooke View Post
    They had this sweater at Epcot Duffy shop. I bought one but sadly I have to return it. It already has a rip in it. It seems like the sweater tears very easily and it's cheaply made. I was a bit upset.
    I didn't see it when I was in there on the 21st. Oh well, no biggie. I'll look again when I make it up there sometime next month. I like the colors as it's a more general winter design than Christmasy (I did see they have the same Christmas/Santa costume for 17" Duffy as they had last year out as well). However, I don't see ANY resemblance to the far superior "Home Sweet Christmas" costumes from TDS last year other than they're both more general winter sweaters. I got Duffy's outfit from that series last year and I LOVE it. Can't wait to dress him up in it again soon (along with his more Christmasy outfit from Build A Bear). I already got his holiday stuff out of storage to put in his little dresser drawer in the side table in the living room.

Pajamas

Pajamas got announced the other day. And TIPPY BLUE is there!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

I hope your particular sweater was a fluke, updebrooke. Knowing they may tear easily is a bit disconcerting and makes me question my desire for one. TDS Duffy, those pajamas are so cute!! Does ShellieMay get a set by chance?

I hope your particular sweater was a fluke, updebrooke. Knowing they may tear easily is a bit disconcerting and makes me question my desire for one. TDS Duffy, those pajamas are so cute!! Does ShellieMay get a set by chance?
    The jammies are for the US parks. Since Shellie May is not available in the US.... no she doesn't get a set. My Shellie May likes her Hello Kitty jammies, so she's good.

• Minion

The PJs are cute, and I applaud them for creating something a bit more in line with TDS, but am I the only one who finds it a bit odd that the print has Duffys on it? That's like if I had pajamas with little pictures of me all over them.

• I love that tiny bear!

I really like the pajamas! Absolutely gaudy, but I kind of like that. Good point about the Duffy faces, Diznygrl...maybe Shellie May needs to wear them! They look a little tight to me, though children's sleepwear is supposed to be very snug. I think they might be cutely baggy on a 12" bear...I just may find out at some point! It's the first outfit since the pirate outfit that I've actually wanted.

I was at the Disneyland Resort last weekend...many Cast Members referred to Shellie May when they saw my Duffy or my Shellie May...lots of awareness of who she was, at least with my Smiling Spring Voyage one, and sometimes even when I was just holding Duffy! One CM said she was coming this winter or next year or something. I didn't really pay attention because yeah, we've been hearing that for what, 2 years now? Though Tippy Blue appearing on Duffy merchandise could be a sign they're moving that way.

As far as I remember, EVERY CAST MEMBER except for one referred to Shellie May as Duffy's "girlfriend." I don't like to see her restricted to that role, but I'm now even more sure that's exactly how Disney will market her when/if she comes to the US. (Though as annoyed as I am by that idea, if they bring over Japan-quality Shellie Mays in the first wave, I might buy one anyway. )

• Wag More, Bark Less!

I looked through the sweaters and all of them seam that way. Maybe it was just a bad batch. This was at Epcot in the Duffy Store. If you are going to buy one make sure you check it out first. Especially the stitching around the ears. It doesn't look good. The PJs though I LOVE!!! Didn't see these yet at Epcot. I was there today.

---------- Post added 11-05-2012 at 07:14 PM ----------

Another thing I noticed (not sure if this was already posted) but all the outfits for the countries, China, Mexico, Canada, etc. are not sold in the Duffy store anymore. I wonder why.