Page 46 of 128 FirstFirst ... 213643444546474849567196 ... LastLast

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

I like the pjs!! Hope they are at DW in Dec!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The article on the blog said the jammies come out December 17 and the Peter Pan & Mad Hatter costumes come out December 23.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Ok, the fact that they are now releasing "trunks" of clothes, as they call them, is an improvement. This is how they should have started it. It's nice to see the acknowledgement of American Waterfront at TDS, too bad no mention of Cape Cod, but whatever...

The design of the PJ's sure is an improvement too. It looks like they are separates for the first time, which is great. Also, it's obvious that Monty is definitely sticking to the TDS designs for costumes, because this set looks like it's inspired by the only PJ set released at TDS.

The one major difference is the branding on the US version. They really, really, REALLY want to make sure we all know it's Duffy. Diznygrl is right though, it's kind of funny to have his face plastered all over his PJ's.

The slippers are cute with the little anchors. And, we get mention of Tippy Blue for the first time. He's the one character created specifically for TDS, so it's interesting they bothered with bringing him here with his name. After all, the actual design doesn't look like the real Tippy Blue too much, he looks more like his cousin. He's too off-model to be the same bird. But, it's a start.

I really hope these costume "trunks" are the way they go from now one, because even the packaging says that it's better quality than before. This might not be the case as far as actual production costs go, but consumers like packaging, and something in a box with separate components will likely say "better" than a costume on a cardboard hanger.

It makes me really curious what the Peter Pan and Mad Hatter trunks will look like, and what items they'll include.

The Jammies are $30 and will be released on Nov 23. The Mad Hatter is $20 and the Peter Pan is $30. Those will both be out on Dec 17

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Bummer!!!!! I am glad about the PJS but we really wanted Mad Hatter and Peter Pan on our trip Dec 8-Dec 14. We have breakfast with Mad Hatter and are meeting Peter Pan on Pirate and Pal cruise and my son is determined to have Duffy dressed like these characters when he meets them as they are our favourites! Maybe by some fluke they will come out a week early

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but Duffy is in at least 3 of the Christmas ornaments this year (he might be in those big cast ones, too- I usually don't bother with them, so I didn't look).

All of them have Mickey playing Santa, and Duffy is one of the toys coming out of the bag. I haven't seen them on ds.com, but they were at Downtown Disney in the Christmas store.

• I love that tiny bear!

I'd call it a not-quite Duffy, though I guess the mouse-ear type ears are rather more pronounced on the ornament than on Duffy...

Here is a picture of (left to right): 9" Santa Duffy, Tiny Shellie May, Spring Voyage Smiling Shellie May, 12" Duffy, Tiny Duffy.

The 9" Santa Duffy actually is a bit smaller than the 12" Shellie May...his nose is (if I recall correctly) notably smaller and his feet are just a tiny bit smaller. He is ADORABLE and his outfit is VERY soft. I did not see a plentiful number at the parks--in fact, I only saw 2 at World of Disney on October 30 (and one had some black stuff on the white part of the outfit!) and none the other days. There were enough in Duffy's shop at DCA and some on Buena Vista Street, too, but I wouldn't wait to get one, personally. The quality seemed very good to me. No beans in his bottom was the only "flaw," but he was only $15, so less than twice the price of a much smaller, undressed bear.

I picked up one of those 9" Christmas Duffys when I was at WDW last month. He really is adorable and I love how tiny he is! I call him "Itty Bitty Dinky Duffy". And when I got him, the CM who rang me up gave me the 20% Premium AP discount instead of my usual 10% (this seems to happen a lot), so I got him for like $12.

• I love that tiny bear!

I got a $15 gift card for participating in a test drive at work, so I only had to pay like $1.30 for my Santa Duffy, I think?

I didn't remove his hat (would involve clipping at least 3 threads) but you can squeeze him out of his Santa outfit if needed. I'm not sure if I'd want to do it more than once or twice per year. Although since I've met Santa Duffy three times, regular Duffy once, and Halloween Duffy 0 times, the poor bear may just live in the outfit for good.

A friend of mine in Tokyo mentioned on her Facebook that Duffy's outfit in the latest CCC offering is currently sold out and they won't be getting more in until around the middle of December.

Hey folks. Hope you had more luck than I did with the Duffy pj's. Sold out at disney.com. I'm heart broken. Maybe Disney.com will re-stock?

I'll be at WDW for a day late next week or early the following week. I want to see these jammies in person before I decide if I really want them or not.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

They just arrived in the warehouse today, so hopefully will be available in the next couple of days.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

I am the proud owner of the pj set. They are so cute!. I love the packaging so much that I don't want to take them out of the box! Love this new outfit

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

There is an artificial demand for duffy merchandise, its easy to buy. Anyone could easily go to buy it in every store and buy more at each store. If we really wanted to limit Duffy merchandise there is need to sell it at one location and have a stamp system or something in place to prevent abuse.