Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101 ... LastLast

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

My BAB isn't carrying those anymore. And they are not online. But if someone wants to find me one, that'd be great!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    ZTRinZler-Are you making outfits for your Duffy and Shellie May? I would kill for an Alice costume to go with the Mad Hatter outfit! I wish I could sew. I would make many outfits for my bears!
    I'm currently working on two (2) projects. I'm attempting to make a Tony Stark arc reactor t-shirt, with an LED/light-up arc reactor, so that Duffy and Shellie May can go as Iron Man and Tony Stark for the Iron Man 3 midnight screening. I already own a bunch of Iron Man memorabilia and apparel, so if I can complete this, I will be ecstatic.

For the second project I'm trying to create either a Rubik's Cube or Cookie Monster LED equalizer shirt. Basically, a design will light up in response to sound, based on the sensitivity setting of a sound analyzer, and the light sequence will be similar to/mimic that of an equalizer. The design will either be a Rubik's Cube or Cookie Monster's face. Preferably, I can make both t-shirts, so that both Duffy and Shellie May can have shirts that match my own Rubik's Cube and Cookie Monster LED equalizer shirt.

I'll admit both projects are very ambitious, time-consuming, and sometimes frustrating. Plus, classes dictate the quantity of not only my free time, but also my energy input on any given day. But the Tony Stark arc reactor shirt is my first priority since Iron Man 3 clearly establishes a deadline.

• I love that tiny bear!

ZTRinZler! Did you see the thread at glow with the show...JACKETS ?

A Duffy Glow with the Show outfit would be INCREDIBLE.

Obviously Disney has economies of scale and safety laws to worry about, but I so wish they could make things as cool as the fans envision and make.

The items on the blog don't really interest me, though I don't have a 17" Duffy and don't want any more 12" Duffies so I guess it doesn't matter. I'm glad Duffy finally has a St. Patrick's Day outfit! I do agree with Gurgi that I don't like the wavy hat...and is it just me, or does the shirt "open" on the side that would indicate it's a woman's garment? If so, here is hoping they reversed the photo, making it a failure on the part of the Internet team instead of the design team.

I'd almost be tempted to get the egg Duffy just for the novelty of the 7" bear (I love different sized Duffies so much!). But even if you can take him out of the egg/chick costume, I don't think even I want it, no matter the price. So I feel like that's a pretty big miss for Disney. (I can't speak for the aesthetics of the egg, but I agree the Duffy face does look different in the egg Duffy.)

The first 2013 12" bear's shirt looks just like something my 1-year-old nephew would be wearing. Collar askew and everything. I don't hate the outfit, though. I didn't like the Flower and Garden Duffy at first (not sure why) but he's growing on me. The hat looks a LOT nicer than the DCA 12" Duffy's hat (and I SO wanted to want that bear, but I just couldn't). The 2013 graduation bear...very functional, I guess.

To me, nothing here is worse than the money grab/effortless "Mother's Day" shirt, but I can see why others feel differently.

ZTRinZler-THAT ARC REACTOR SHIRT SOUNDS AMAZING! I love Robert Downey Jr. and am an Ironman fan myself! I can't wait to see how that turns out for you! Best of luck!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah the ARC Reactor shirt sounds awesome. We're Iron Man fans here too.

• Lemony Goodness

Forgot how to delete my posts..
    Last edited by LilTeacup; 01-31-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Posted something I thought was new, but was not! Sorry!

Hello Everyone! I am new to MiceChat and am very happy to be here with fellow Duffy fans! I brought home my first Duffy last September

I am getting ready for Disneyland in April and am planning to buy Duffy an outfit. I have been looking at the Aviator outfit online, can anyone say anything about the quality of this costume?

The patch on the back of the jacket is cute, but the zipper isn't even a zipper.... it's just a piece of material that looks like a zipper pull by the velcro closure of the jacket.

I got the bomber jacket and Snoopy WWI Flying Ace hat/scarf at Build A Bear when they were available and liked it MUCH better. The jacket has a REAL zipper that works.

Here are a few photos when I took Duffy to the MacDill Airfest in 2011:

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Aimster's Duffy is so awesome, right?^^

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Aimster's Duffy is so awesome, right?^^
    He really goes on a lot of adventures.

I apologize for the photo quality. It was taken by my mom with her phone (which has a crappy camera) and sent it to me.

New crystal Duffy statue available at Arribas Brothers. It looks much bigger than the tiny one. And.... it's $815!!!

My folks were at Downtown Disney tonight (my dad got a craving for Earl of Sandwich) and my mom saw this while they were wandering around after dinner. I'll be up at WDW tomorrow and Thursday. If I come across this while I'm up there, I'll take a closer look and get a better photo. I do know I will NOT be buying it... WAY out of my budget. That's more than my rent!

OMG! I want this so badly! But obviously, I won't be able to get it either! It's way out of my price range. (Maybe I can talk some people into pooling money together and getting it for me as a birthday present! )
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I love that the crystals actually appear to make a "fluffy" texture on this one; that is MUCH improved. It could be really nice. But the price, yeah... Isn't it just Swarovski glass crystals? There aren't any gemstones, are there?

One thing this tells me: Eeee-va is right; the global Duffy difference is not all down to making things affordable for fans in a different market.

• Minion

The eyes are a definite improvement over the smaller figurine. They don't look all bugged out and creepy.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Now THAT is a crystal bear that I think is adorable. I know I am stupid with money, but that is even way out of my price range. I certainly would like to have it though.

Naelyan: I am going to BAB next Tuesday night. You want me to look for an Alice in Wonderland outfit for you?