Page 53 of 136 FirstFirst ... 32843505152535455566378103 ... LastLast

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

A Sully costume for Duffy would be pretty sweet. I hope this rumor proves to be true.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Disney character costumes Duffy seems to keep getting (even though I like a couple of them, the BAB equivalent of the Jedi outfit blows Disney's "Jedi Academy" version out of the water imo) so I hope they also release some normal, "everyday" type costumes for him here that are more on par with the $30 "trunk" Peter Pan/pajamas ones and include a full outfit complete with an accessory and shoes. That would get me really excited.

The pajamas trunk set was a start but tbh... I don't really like the way that one looks. The print-design on it makes it look way too hectic for my taste. ^^;

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Rococo View Post
    I can't say I'm a huge fan of the Disney character costumes Duffy seems to keep getting (even though I like a couple of them, the BAB equivalent of the Jedi outfit blows Disney's "Jedi Academy" version out of the water imo) so I hope they also release some normal, "everyday" type costumes for him here that are more on par with the $30 "trunk" Peter Pan/pajamas ones and include a full outfit complete with an accessory and shoes. That would get me really excited.

The pajamas trunk set was a start but tbh... I don't really like the way that one looks. The print-design on it makes it look way too hectic for my taste. ^^;
    I'm with you. Too many character-based costumes. Some are really cute but it's getting old hat. And I agree BAB's Jedi costume is 1000 times better than Disney's. And I also thought the jammies set was too "busy" for my taste (mainly I just don't like Duffy's name and picture all over them as to me it's overkill - just the stripes and anchors would have been more than enough - a classic case of "less is more"), but I got a set as a Christmas gift, so at least I didn't waste my own money on it. I will say the slippers and pillow are seriously cute though.

I'm just glad BAB has lots of choices for me for "everyday" clothes for my bears.

I was told about the Sully costume by Monty Maldovan, so I'd say it's probably not a rumor. As for when it is going to be released, I don't know. But I'm also getting sick of all the "Character Costumes" for Duffy. Can't we have maybe some seasonal outfits or holiday themed outfits? Sheesh!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    I was told about the Sully costume by Monty Maldovan, so I'd say it's probably not a rumor. As for when it is going to be released, I don't know. But I'm also getting sick of all the "Character Costumes" for Duffy. Can't we have maybe some seasonal outfits or holiday themed outfits? Sheesh!
    I would love more seasonal outfits for Duffy, especially elaborate Christmas ones similar to the ones OLC made, with that England/Charles Dickens feel. As long as they don't look like the 17" red Christmas overalls+t-shirt one they released a few years back, it would be an improvement.

• Adventures with Duffy

I too am not a huge fan of the character costumes. I like more everyday clothing.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

There is a a new St Patrick's set at DTD-

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The patch on the back of the jacket is cute, but the zipper isn't even a zipper.... it's just a piece of material that looks like a zipper pull by the velcro closure of the jacket.

I got the bomber jacket and Snoopy WWI Flying Ace hat/scarf at Build A Bear when they were available and liked it MUCH better. The jacket has a REAL zipper that works.

Here are a few photos when I took Duffy to the MacDill Airfest in 2011:

Hi aimster! Thanks for the info, it sounds like I will have to take a look at the costume and see if I want to go with another choice when I get to DLR

I also really loved the pics of your Duffy!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^ The best part of the aviator costume is the back patch on the jacket. The rest is meh and sub-par, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ^ The best part of the aviator costume is the back patch on the jacket. The rest is meh and sub-par, in my opinion.
    The Duffy aviator costume is the first costume I purchased and the Mickey flight patch on the back of the bomber jacket is just so cute, along with the fur-trimming on it. The sewn on "zipper" is just disappointing, especially with the obvious piece of velcro closing the jacket in the front sticking out like a sore thumb. If the construction had been a bit better with real pockets and a zippered front, it would have been a perfect aviator jacket and much nicer in design than the BAB one (imo). The aviator cap, while cute, is also quite badly made due to how the goggles part doesn't even fit around Duffy's eyes and keep wrinkling/bending under pressure. When I had Duffy it the cap, I just folded the goggle up so it would stay on his cap.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Ok, I just found a picture of Build-a-Bear's Queen of Hearts costume. Someone is selling it on ebay (for a lot), but they have ShellieMay dressed in it. I will admit, it's adorable.

I still say the Mad Hatter costume that Disney made is better than the BAB version, but there is no equivalent Queen of Hearts, because...well, we know why.

I do wish this was in stock at BAB though, it's very cute.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I didn't know you were looking for that! Yes, it's great. My Shellie loves hers, but she wants Grimhilde now!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Ok, I just found a picture of Build-a-Bear's Queen of Hearts costume. Someone is selling it on ebay (for a lot), but they have ShellieMay dressed in it. I will admit, it's adorable.

I still say the Mad Hatter costume that Disney made is better than the BAB version, but there is no equivalent Queen of Hearts, because...well, we know why.

I do wish this was in stock at BAB though, it's very cute.
    Ooh, I saw these at the BAB in Downtown Disney (CA). They also had the Maleficent one that isn't available on the BAB website. Speaking of, why are Maleficent and Queen of Hearts unavailable on the BAB website while the other Disney villain ones (Ursula, Hook) are there?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I dunno, but someone should help Gurgi have one!

What happens when you get a fantastic Cast member behind the counter? You can get Duffy to see an item up close and how big it is and give it a sense of size. It's quite heavy when you pick it up.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011