Page 55 of 129 FirstFirst ... 53045525354555657586580105 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Arribas Bros have been in WDW for many years. They have shops in Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom (on main Street... the crystal shop) and even the Mexico pavilion at Epcot. They sell more than just the figurines. They also do glass blowing and make some really beautiful glass items that can be personalized. They also sell really pretty (and expensive) tiaras, jewelry... you name it.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, Arribas Brothers is a park fixture...at least since 1967 anyway. Here is what Disney has to say about them:

"The Arribas Brothers’ affiliation with Disney began in 1967, when they opened a shop and studio at Disneyland. Since then, Arribas Brothers have expanded their expertise: from glass cutting and glassblowing to glass sculpturing and damascene, the art of inlaying gold and silver into a blackened steel surface. Arribas Brothers have also expanded their locations to include Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, Disneyland Park in California, Tokyo Disneyland Park, and Disneyland Paris. Arribas Brothers opened their newest location, Hong Kong Disneyland, in the September 2005.

Today, Arribas Brothers employ master artisans from countries such as Spain, Austria, Italy, France, Germany, Lithuania, Japan, and Peru. In addition to their own one-of-a-kind glass creations, Arribas Brothers carry a variety of unique gift items imported from Europe. At Disney locations worldwide, Arribas Brothers’ fourth generation of glass cutters can be seen practicing their rare and exacting craft."

I've only ever seen them at a Disney park. I know all of their crystal figures are expensive (not just the Duffy one), I just don't know why they are. I can't imagine it's just because of the crystals added.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

How much effort do you think goes into gluing hundreds of crystals onto a little statue without getting glue everywhere?
    They likely use machines, but I'll bet it is a very expensive process. Not to mention the creation of many little gems.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

They may actually have to do that by hand. It's so small, nod just glass I dunno… I never noticed they're called Arribas Brothers here, but I'll check next time I'm in the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    How much effort do you think goes into gluing hundreds of crystals onto a little statue without getting glue everywhere?
    They likely use machines, but I'll bet it is a very expensive process. Not to mention the creation of many little gems.
    I've hand rhinestoned a couple pairs of Mickey ears and I can tell you firsthand it is a TEDIOUS project. I normally have the patience of a gnat, so managing to do this twice... yeah. It takes me about a week or so to do just one pair because of the work involved. Part of me wants to do another pair, but it's very time consuming and expensive (I end up buying my rhinestones in bulk because it's easier).

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Ok, I just found a picture of Build-a-Bear's Queen of Hearts costume. I do wish this was in stock at BAB though, it's very cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    XO I am super interested in the Queen of Hearts outfit too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    If you can't find it, I did see them at BaB DtD Anaheim. I can pick one up for you. Just let me know.
    gurgi, tenchikiss, and Janell,
    no luck on the Queen of Hearts at my local BAB store.

On an alternate note, they have some very small outfits that may be suitable for a (understand me here) large small Duffy. Maybe a keychain size one?

• I love that tiny bear!

On an alternate note, they have some very small outfits that may be suitable for a (understand me here) large small Duffy. Maybe a keychain size one?
    Are these Smallfrys outfits (smallfrys Accessories - Build-A-Bear Workshop US), or something smaller? The Smallfrys outfits fit the 8" Duffy you can buy at the Disney Store; Aimster enlightened me to that fact.

The Smallfrys outfits. I realized after posting that they would be too big for key chain sized bears.

Freakish dolls though. Small body, huge head.

I'm thinking maybe some baby doll outfits for Puppet Shellie May.

gurgi, tenchikiss, and Janell,
    no luck on the Queen of Hearts at my local BAB store.
    Thanks for looking. I will keep this in mind to check any Build a Bears I come across. Told the husband of my quest (because calling it a quest sounds cooler than loving a bear outfit) and he thinks it is dumb that all the outfits aren't available on the website.

The associate said that the NYC store has things that cannot be found elsewhere. If you really want it, you may want to call that store. Maybe they can do a store-to-store transfer?

• Munchings & Crunchings

The NYC store is my local store, and even they don't have the Queen of Hearts anymore.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The Disney Store website finally got the St. Patrick's day costume in stock. Also, the Santa costume with the overalls, t-shirt, & hat is on sale. It's going for $9.99 now...

• Surfin the net with Duffy

When did I miss the announcement for this? Not that I am fond of it, but usually the blog about it on the disney parks blog.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

I wouldn't want to buy it, but I love the idea of it; especially because it comes with a little Pluto.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    When did I miss the announcement for this? Not that I am fond of it, but usually the blog about it on the disney parks blog.
    I think I heard something about this from a friend of mine who is a CM at Epcot, but I can't remember entirely. It's kind of cute but looks kind of weird. I like it comes with a Pluto though. My mom would probably get it for her Duffy because Pluto is her other favorite Disney character.