Page 56 of 126 FirstFirst ... 63146535455565758596681106 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Aww, I think it's a pretty cute costume! A worthy effort, but the only thing I find odd about it is they made the top half black like Mickey's body but no black covering for the legs. Makes it look weird.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

very astute observation, Diznygrl. It would be better with black legs.
    btw, I LOVE the pic of little Duffy and Woody playing chess.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    very astute observation, Diznygrl. It would be better with black legs.
    btw, I LOVE the pic of little Duffy and Woody playing chess.
    Thanks! It's definitely my favorite of the pics I've taken. Here's a bigger version of it.

• Adventures with Duffy

I love the Pluto. But why only in the set? I like Pluto Duffy size because its like Duffy got a souvenir Pluto plush! What's the cost on this set, anyone know?

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

I wouldn't want to buy it, but I love the idea of it; especially because it comes with a little Pluto.
    BAB executed this idea better last year, and offered both Mickey and Minnie. Pluto is a nice touch, and these gloves may be trimmed down, which is a definite improvement over BAB's ridiculously oversized mitts.

The ears seem off-model to me, but in a way that I actually find charming. The shoes would be freaking adorable if the proportions were right — the "toes" are too far away from the "Micktoo." This is strange because they nailed this on the Peter Pan costume.

I'm a little disappointed to see Disney using the paw effect so much, though. I'm sure it's not, legally, but that mark feels like OLC's intellectual property to me and Disney is — as Disney does — totally milking it. And yet still not getting it right…weird.

If it's $20, I think it's not half bad, but it's in that box, so I bet it's not $20. Though it probably will be, or less, soon enough.

Still, this is among the least original ideas to come along yet. And why now? Why not wait for Mickey's birthday or some sense of timing? They just throw out whatever, whenever and hope for a bite. They're not trying to tame foxes; they're trying to hook fish. That's not what Duffy's about.

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I love the Pluto. But why only in the set? I like Pluto Duffy size because its like Duffy got a souvenir Pluto plush! What's the cost on this set, anyone know?
    Get a Pluto keychain/badge/strap plush (surely they sell those in US, too?) and take it off the chain. Problem solved.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-06-2013 at 10:02 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Since it's in one of the "trunks", I'm betting it's $30 like the jammies set and the Peter Pan costume.

$30 is okay. I was looking for Peter Pan, just for the boots and it was $50. If I wanted the rest of the costume, though, I'd pay $30 for these Trunk sets seems a little high, but only a little. It's definitely a move in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Thanks! It's definitely my favorite of the pics I've taken. Here's a bigger version of it.

Diznygrl, this is even better blown up. Little Duffy is wearing a PacMan shirt! I love it! How did you get him to pose? Woody for that matter too. His hand on his chin makes it so believable!

• Munchings & Crunchings

At least the new costume is one of the better quality ones, being sold in the boxes. They should make more of those. The issue is that it's yet another character costume, and also, that it basically repeats yet again, a similar Build-a-Bear costume. So far, most of Duffy's character costumes overlap with very similar BAB versions. Peter Pan, Mad Hatter, Buzz, Woody, now Mickey. They really need to create things that don't have alternate competing versions, or start making non-character costumes! At least this Mickey costume appears to be better quality than BAB's. I've seen that one in person, and the fabric is kind of thin. The plush Pluto is also a bonus. And, Disney's gloves are better proportioned. I agree about the pawprint on the shoes though, it's not correct, but...I'm happy that there is at least some detail on the shoes.

But can we PLEASE, PLEASE get everyday wear for Duffy? If they are already stepping on BAB's toes with the licensed characters, why not start releasing normal clothes too? Disney really should take a look at what they license..I know they are different departments, but if they want to make sure Duffy costumes sell, then they should maybe consider eliminating the licensing with BAB and just have the Duffy versions as the only option. It's dumb to have two nearly identical costumes for sale by two different companies...especially since BAB's is half the price of Disney's...

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    When did I miss the announcement for this? Not that I am fond of it, but usually the blog about it on the disney parks blog.
    The must have JUST got these. They were not avail in the Duffy Shop this past Sunday! I was on a mission for new Duffy stuff.

Did anyone notice that Pluto is licking Duffy's Mickey shoes?

• Adventures with Duffy

30 bucks, has the quality improved on the box sets? Sorry I haven't looked at box sets.

Duffyd, I agree the Mickey paw print is an OLC thing and I wish WDI wouldn't do that.

DuffyD, I'm not sure if TDL still has them, in 08 when I was there and before i fell for Duffy, I got a Pluto that has a strap and a zipper so u can put stuff inside him. He was so cute and I couldn't resist, DH wasn't with me on all the days I was at TDR so Pluto was and he and Duffy are good friends now. For me Pluto is special and reminds me of TDL. So I'm happy they did a Duffy plush of Pluto. As you know I love Duffy size park things. I so want a map his size someday, that is made out of something more lasting then paper. And a cup of soda and coffee that he can hold in his hand.

Disney store in Japan, has the bears with outfits. Why doesn't WDI do that for Duffy? It's more street clothing with a disney theme. I don't think they should copy the stores in Japan, but the idea and make it more like what the guest could ware, like American Girl. Little girls can dress like their dolls. Cute addition to the the Duffy line. But then I think OLC may start that so again WDI is behind them. WDI need to put so cool designed things out there.

D
    uffeteer

• Minion

Diznygrl, this is even better blown up. Little Duffy is wearing a PacMan shirt! I love it! How did you get him to pose? Woody for that matter too. His hand on his chin makes it so believable!
    Lil D is a "My First Disney Bear", so his body is made a little bit differently from Duffy's. He's "squishier", if that makes sense, LOL. I think his body is filled with some kind of foam pellets rather than regular stuffing. Anyway, it makes him more able to hold certain poses. My Duffette on the other hand (who is actually a 12" 2011 Duffy), is much more of a challenge. She can't even sit up on her own. But I love her anyway. For Woody's hand I tied it around his neck with a piece of thread.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

30 bucks, has the quality improved on the box sets? Sorry I haven't looked at box sets.
    The "trunks" are a little higher quality than the costumes on the cardboard hangers. The Peter Pan one is really cute (I was given mine as a gift). I love how it comes with pants, shoes, plus a little bag of pixie dust. I also have the jammies set, which is real nice quality. I just hate the print of the jammies. Just the stripes or just the stripes and anchors would have been enough. Duffy's name and picture plastered all over them is total overkill. They'd be cute for a kid, but not for the bear himself to wear. He KNOWS what he looks like! The slippers are super fuzzy and I like the little pillow with Tippy Blue on it.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The "trunks" are a little higher quality than the costumes on the cardboard hangers. The Peter Pan one is really cute (I was given mine as a gift). I love how it comes with pants, shoes, plus a little bag of pixie dust. I also have the jammies set, which is real nice quality. I just hate the print of the jammies. Just the stripes or just the stripes and anchors would have been enough. Duffy's name and picture plastered all over them is total overkill. They'd be cute for a kid, but not for the bear himself to wear. He KNOWS what he looks like! The slippers are super fuzzy and I like the little pillow with Tippy Blue on it.
    Thanks, I'm glad to hear the quality is going up. I'm with you, not a fan of his name and photo being on the PJs.

D
    uffeteer