Page 58 of 138 FirstFirst ... 83348555657585960616883108 ... LastLast

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    I got a call back from build a bear and they say that they do not ship store to store. Sad news but good to know.

But your method ZTRinZler is even better! So simple too! I called up Downtown Disney in CA and they said they have plenty of Queen of Hearts (because I think there might have been three of us at one point looking for it). As an example the QoH cost to ship to my house in Florida is going to be 26.95 including everything. But yeah I called the store and they told me the total. Just waiting on my e-certificate to go through to call them back. So simple! And it takes away asking someone to set aside their money to do a run for someone else. Such a great piece of information ZTRinZler. Thank you so much! Sorry to hear about your store closing down near you though. At least we have another method of getting our Duffy goods yes?
    You are most welcome, tenchikiss. I'm so glad to hear you're going to receive your Queen of Hearts costume soon!

I couldn't believe my local BAB closed. One week it was there and the next gone. My mall is undergoing a lot of renovations, so stores are being moved, renovated, or dropped from the mall. At first I thought BAB was closed for renovation like my Disney store (yeah, that was a double whammy!), but when I didn't see any displays, lights, or a sign advertising their re-opening date, I knew they were closed. They never had a sign or placard informing the public they were permanently closing. They just closed. My jaw visibly dropped in disbelief. But I took myself back home, found the nearest BAB, asked if stores could ship to residential addresses, and hit the jackpot.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

At the mall by the airport in Tampa, the BAB used to be downstairs, but then it closed because it was moving to a new location in the mall (the old location became part of a big H&M). While they were waiting for the new store to be ready, they had a kiosk in the mall so they still had a presence. They had a limited amount of merchandise they offered (due to space).

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    You are most welcome, tenchikiss. I'm so glad to hear you're going to receive your Queen of Hearts costume soon!

I couldn't believe my local BAB closed. One week it was there and the next gone. My mall is undergoing a lot of renovations, so stores are being moved, renovated, or dropped from the mall. At first I thought BAB was closed for renovation like my Disney store (yeah, that was a double whammy!), but when I didn't see any displays, lights, or a sign advertising their re-opening date, I knew they were closed. They never had a sign or placard informing the public they were permanently closing. They just closed. My jaw visibly dropped in disbelief. But I took myself back home, found the nearest BAB, asked if stores could ship to residential addresses, and hit the jackpot.
    WOOHOO! The e-certificate came within two hours and now the Queen of Hearts costume is on the way. I am glad you gave such good instructions because the second time I called they seemed a bit confused but maybe this isn't something they deal wit everyday, crazy Duffy fans buying outfits across the country.

I know I PMed Eeee-va about picking up the outfit for me (or at least I tried to, the laptop hates Mice Chat apparently). But now it is on the way. I am pretty sure there were three of us wanting the outfit and I think only two of us have them now. Seems to be a popular outfit if people on the board remember that some of us crazies want it.

I hope the workers at least had notice. But I haven't heard about any major build a bear closings happening, unlike Game-Stop which will have a bunch soon. Maybe that means there might be one reopening later in your town? Maybe the rent was getting too high and they are trying to find somewhere better. Still it must have been a shock to walk to your favorite store and find it completely gone. Sorry about that but glad you learned about this shipping thing.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    At the mall by the airport in Tampa, the BAB used to be downstairs, but then it closed because it was moving to a new location in the mall (the old location became part of a big H&M). While they were waiting for the new store to be ready, they had a kiosk in the mall so they still had a presence. They had a limited amount of merchandise they offered (due to space).
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    ...But I haven't heard about any major build a bear closings happening, unlike Game-Stop which will have a bunch soon. Maybe that means there might be one reopening later in your town? Maybe the rent was getting too high and they are trying to find somewhere better. Still it must have been a shock to walk to your favorite store and find it completely gone. Sorry about that but glad you learned about this shipping thing.
    I wish BAB were only temporarily closed, but I don't think this is the case. The mall's website no longer list BAB in its directory, whereas the Disney Store is simply listed as "Closed for renovation. Will reopen spring 2013." Plus, BAB.com doesn't even list my store any more. Disneystore.com includes my local store in its directory but states that it is closed for remodel until spring 2013. But it's all good. Hakuna matata.

• Adventures with Duffy

Is everyone finding their BaB stores well stocked? I ask because the one at DtD at DLR the stock is way down from what they carried last year. I'm hoping BaB is doing well and isn't in trouble.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Munchings & Crunchings

The NYC flagship store seems to have plenty of stock. Although it's also a huge store with 2 large floors, so they have lots of space to fill with stock. Also, I was one of those looking for Queen of Hearts and found it at my store! Also, the Alice in Wonderland costume too, which is VERY adorable on ShellieMay.

I do wonder about how BAB will be able to sustain it's business, but I don't really know for sure how well they are doing. I will admit that I'm looking forward to their April 1st promotion with My Little Pony plush and accessories. ShellieMay and Duffy are going to get a couple pony pals, I think.

• Happy Holidays

I received one of the E-coupons for the $12 discounts. April 1 we'll be getting a Rainbow Dash. My daughter is so excited. We are bronies in this house!

I'm tempted to get the Queen of Hearts outfit, but then what would Duffy wear?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Duffy could be the Mad Hatter, that's what I'm going to do. Although I bought the Disney version of that costume because it looks more well-made than the BAB version.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The BABs in my area are both well stocked and it seems every other time I'm there, they're quite busy. One time I saw a birthday party going on (where each kid gets to make their own animal). BAB has been around since 2000, but they're doing well. I just got my latest $10 reward from their Stuff Fur Stuff loyalty rewards program. Still trying to decide what to get with it.

My BaB is also well stocked! I'm frequently there buying new friends and outfits. And I can't wait for the MLP release April 1st!! Duffy and Shellie May are excited that we are going to have ponies living with us!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I'm going to have to get Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, I can't resist.

Oh, and despite me saying that my NYC store is always well stocked, I do have to say that there have been times where it's like I'm the only person in the store. Other times it's busy, but often, it's fairly dead in there. I wonder if it's because it's on 5th avenue where there are really high-end stores nearby, so the crowd is different. However, the American Girl flagship store that's not all that far away from BAB is insanely packed every time.

• Adventures with Duffy

That's great to hear BaB is doing well. The one at DtD is two stories and is usually busy. They just use to have more of a selection of non costumes clothing. The demand must be changing in what guest want.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

My Duffy is going to be the Mad Hatter too although he shall be wearing pants. Not sure why Disney needs have dressed critters. But then we shall visit Tokyo Disney next year and annoying all the Japanese people as we dine in the Queen of Hearts and take 94234 pictures. My dreams, so big.

As for the store I like it when there are only a few people in there. Move out of my way kids, I got money to spend. But sometimes there have been parties going on and I am like why do people think this is a good idea? I think merchandise wise we are doing good but I wish we had ALL the Disney Princess dresses. We have never gotten Belle.

tenchikiss ; if you are talking about build a bear you can actually order Belle's costume off their site. They actually have alot of the disney princess dresses on there.

Belle Costume 2 pc. - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

Quote Originally Posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
    tenchikiss ; if you are talking about build a bear you can actually order Belle's costume off their site. They actually have alot of the disney princess dresses on there.

Belle Costume 2 pc. - Build-A-Bear Workshop US
    XD I know, they have a lot of the princess outfits online. Maybe they have them all at the build a bears near the different Disneys. Just don't know why they don't rotate the stock or have all the costumes in stores. It would be much easier to match up accessories that way. Although if I get the Belle outfit my future Shellie May will have three Disney outfits X__X. A spoiled bear I don't even have yet.