Page 64 of 126 FirstFirst ... 143954616263646566677489114 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

^ If it's a Disney Store exclusive, then that means it would only be available at the Disney Store, not the parks/DTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    So, I phoned the closest Disney store...no engineer outfits.
    She said they get shipments on Mondays. Maybe next week.

I also phoned the outlet. They don't have Duffy at all. She said that maybe the outlets aren't getting the Duffy products at all.
    Good luck! Duffy stuff not being in Outlets may be a good sign…?

Quote Originally Posted by AA1990 View Post
    I think it makes sense for the outlets to not have duffy merchandise, at least here outlet malls are seen as more "discount" places for extra/older merchandise. I was looking at the Duffy section in my Disney store but a sales representative told me that they havent been selling at all. I guess without all the stories and exposure to the parks Duffy has a first appearance of a regular, expensive little bear.

That engineer outfit is so cute though! Great way to appeal to boys, plus good boy clothes are so hard to find.. Definitely a step in the right direction in my book
    That's just what I was thinking about the Outlets. I honestly think the Disney Store rollout is a mistake. It may result in more items being sold, but it amplifies the visibility of the fact that Duffy is not likely to have immediately wide market appeal outside Japan. I've generally thought about Duffy's park exclusivity as part of his character, the "spiritual" significance. But just now I also realize that limiting Duffy to the Parks also limits him to an energized base which is willing to plan and travel for Disney. I think the energy should've been raised here a little more first. Such high visibility increases the likelihood of Duffy being viewed as a flop out of the gate, and such wide availability dampens the interest of serious collectors, which is really where Duffy's long-term base should be grounded, I think.

I agree, too, that the Engineer is a great "boy" outfit. Honestly, the Disney rollout has completely avoided making Duffy overly gender-based and I give them high marks for that. They have done a great job with variety in that respect, too. Age, though, is an entirely different ball of fluff…

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Disney Store at Countryside Mall in Clearwater doesn't have it, but I called the one at International Plaza in Tampa and they do! Gonna try to to there tomorrow and pick it up.
    Good luck!^^

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    I really like the pocket watch detail on the overalls, but I'm not a huge fan of the duffy paw prints on the soles of the shoes! The hankerchief is precious, however. <3
    We're totally opposite! You know it doesn't come with shoes, though!

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    Yeah I called both since Sakuraskiies and Scruffy's owner are going to Downtown Disney soon. I figured we could stop by there before going. Maybe it is slowly being rolled out but the woman at the Florida Malls had no idea what I was talking about. But I have been told before that they, the associates, don't know what new displays will look like until the morning of.
    Good luck!^^

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    If the train set is a Disney Store item, I wonder if that means they won't get in in at Downtown Disney or the parks. (I think it would sell well in MK).
    I guess it's a Stores exclusive, and I agree, it seems it may sell better in the Parks. I've just had the thought that for the US, it might be more effective to sell Duffy outfits near themed attractions, rather than having Duffy central stores, or perhaps in addition to? Like you see the Engineer just before you take the Western Railroad and you think, "That'll make the ride more fun." Point-of-sale really might help ground him in the Parks more, a fundamental weakness in the rushed massive rollout, in my humble opinion.

I was thinking that too, even if that meant I would have to wait a while to get it. Disney as a whole needs to have better merchandise that goes along with the theme of the land it is in, not everything is in every store. What is the point in that? Having the Duffy train outfit near the train stations would be cute, maybe having the conductor have a Duffy himself in the outfit. Or maybe even introduce cast member outfits! That would be cute too. But clearly this is a weird release as not all stores have it at once.

If it is a Disney store exclusive i wonder if that means it will be time limited. I remember the light up vinylmations, the one where you bought the mickey with base and then the blind boxes were clear, were barely at the store that long and they never got any again!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by LilTeacup View Post
    I really like the pocket watch detail on the overalls, but I'm not a huge fan of the duffy paw prints on the soles of the shoes! The hankerchief is precious, however. <3
    Those shoes don't come with the engineer costume. I added those from a TDS costume.

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's funny, I think the engineer costume is much more appropriate for the parks, and the character costumes are more generic and would fit the stores better.

The energy is a good point, DuffyD. That's what's been truly missing from the Duffy launch and ever since. They put out products with little fanfare, and it's up to fans, or sometimes a mention on the blog that something new showed up. For example, if it weren't for someone posting the engineer costume on Aimster's Facebook page, nobody would have known until they stumbled on it themselves. No announcement or anything. It would be extremely helpful if Disney created a Duffy website just like TDS's with all the information about Duffy available and announcements for costumes and events, including anything at Disney Stores. How do they expect people to get excited about Duffy when they just put stuff out on the shelves with no fanfare? Look how excited everyone gets when OLC posts upcoming costumes and special event merchandise on the TDS site weeks before they are released? It gives us time to work up excitement and plan.

Well we are doing our part for the common good. Yesterday I was in the company of no less than 3 Duffy bears at Chick fil a and Monkey Joe's. We shared the love (and knowledge) with every mom/kid that asked where we got them.

Do you guys think that the engineer outfit will be offered online as well as in store? I hope so, if only because the closest Disney Store is about an hour of a bus ride away for me and I'm not even sure if they would have it...

While I think it is probably a better idea to have things offered exclusively in the park or in certain areas, I do appreciate that they have Duffy stuff for order elsewhere.

I like being able to go on disneystore.com and order something straight away rather than have to mail order it from parks merchandise or something. Like with the Mexico outfit. I got my Duffy for Christmas from my sister three weeks after I came back from vacation, so I couldn't just fly back to Florida and get the outfit or something. Not that I've been able to get it on disneystore.com- it's not listed as available -but if I remembered that I saw the aviator outfit on vacation and then saw it online, well then, I could get it shipped to my home and enjoy it just as much as if I had originally gotten it in the parks myself!

It takes the website longer to get things in stock than the stores, so just keep checking.

Since this is sort of a merchandise question I thought I ask it here. When you guys go on trips and vacations where Duffy/Shellie May will have multiple costume changings what do you store their extra clothes in? I ask because I saw one of those kid size suitcases with Cars on it the other day and I was like no no, I am not that crazy....yet. XD But will probably get there soon as I will wear one pair of shoes til they fall off but I would pack 4 pairs for Duffy if I was going somewhere for a week.

Gallon size Ziplock bags do the trick to keep individual outfits dry and clean.

I like the ziplock bags also. In fact, I store their clothes in ziplocks and then put them in rubbermaid containers to save space. They come out nicely and if your traveling they really save space too!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    I like the ziplock bags also. In fact, I store their clothes in ziplocks and then put them in rubbermaid containers to save space. They come out nicely and if your traveling they really save space too!
    That's exactly how I store my Duffy and ShellieMay clothes too! It makes it easy to keep all the pieces together too, so you're not digging around looking for that one accessory that's probably at the bottom of the bin.

And yes, if I bring multiple costumes somewhere, I just pack the ziplock bags.

Keep the storage ideas coming-I am heading into my daughters room to "clean". We need a better way to organize the bears and their things .

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    I keep the majority of my bear's everyday clothes in the drawers of the side table next to my couch in the living room (they're quite big & hold a lot). For their "seasonal" stuff and other costumes, I have a couple of big storage boxes I got at IKEA. I keep those next to the bookcase I have my collection stored on. Need some more boxes though as the ones I have are full! They're like in a package of 2 for $9.99. Here's a link:

KASSETT Box with lid - black, 10 ¾x13 ¾x7 " - IKEA

I have them in blue.