Page 72 of 129 FirstFirst ... 224762697071727374758297122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1922

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Saw this at Build a Bear today. The sales lady said it was new. I was actually going in to buy the black rubber shoes but there was no one pair I could see. I asked the sales lady and she said they pulled them all to test how well these shoes sell. If you ask they will bring a pair of rubber shoes out (if they have them and if your build a bear pulled them).

The Florida Mall store has the rubber boots. I also found the Cars slippers for 3.00! (I have been trying to get a pair for DD on Ebay for a few weeks so this was AWESOME!!!!)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ok can we try to keep this thread to just US Parks/Disney Store Duffy merch? If you want I'll start a thread just for BAB finds. I'll go ahead and do it anyway. Keeping things separate will be best in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Ok can we try to keep this thread to just US Parks/Disney Store Duffy merch? If you want I'll start a thread just for BAB finds. I'll go ahead and do it anyway. Keeping things separate will be best in the long run.
    Sorry.

It's ok. Just trying to keep things on track so people don't get confused.

In that same merchandise thread, someone asked Steven Miller about plans to bring Shellie May to the U.S., and today he replied, "At this point, the Disney Theme Park Merchandise team is only focusing development around Duffy the Disney Bear for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts."

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    In that same merchandise thread, someone asked Steven Miller about plans to bring Shellie May to the U.S., and today he replied, "At this point, the Disney Theme Park Merchandise team is only focusing development around Duffy the Disney Bear for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts."
    That's the response they give every time someone asks about Shellie May. Apparently CM's are spreading a rumor that Shellie May is coming to the parks next week. Yeah... NO. If she was coming, Disney would be making a BIG deal about it with an announcement at least a month in advance. Yet some are choosing to believe the rumor (some people will believe anything a CM tells them).

This is a rumor that just gets revived with a new "date" every few months. I really with the CM's who start these rumors would STOP. Duffy needs to be a LOT more popular here and get the respect he deserves here before they even THINK of bringing Shellie May over.

Ugh that is terrible! CM's getting everyones hopes up like that, they should be ashamed

• Munchings & Crunchings

And, at this point, since it doesn't seem like Duffy is gaining any kind of momentum in the parks, or Disney stores (in no small part to Disney's lack of effort), I highly doubt they will even bring ShellieMay here. Why would they invest in her, if they can't make Duffy work first? If Disney's past track record is any indication, if Duffy isn't a success, they will eventually abandon him again, not invest in a new character.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Based on things I've seen on eBay, they did introduce Shellie May to the Hawaiian resort, which I thought was strange since it isn't a park.

I was WRONG... (reference post 1077)
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 05-16-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: oops, ignorance!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Really? I've never seen any. Do you know any of the items, I'd love to see them. I know they did release a bunch of Duffy Aulani items, I've seen them selling on Yahoo Japan.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

My bad. I thought Kawaii was the Hawaiian resort. Damn, don't I feel like an idiot.

Kawaii ("lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture.

I am confused- where are CM's telling people that Shellie May is coming "next week"? I have not heard a CM say anything like that. Most often I hear CM's who love Duffy say they WISH Shellie May would come to WDW. It is far more common for CM's to not know anything about Duffy let alone Shellie May.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    My bad. I thought Kawaii was the Hawaiian resort. Damn, don't I feel like an idiot.

Kawaii ("lovable", "cute", or "adorable") is the quality of cuteness in the context of Japanese culture.

Don't feel bad-you saved me from looking it up! At Epcot last week one of the CM's in Japan said "Kawaii" when she saw Shellie May.

• Adventures with Duffy

I think the bear on ebay is from The Disney Store in Japan.
    ディズニーストア|UniBEARsity

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011