Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast

• Wag More, Bark Less!

Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Also, the CARS outfit is being released SOON!! Just in time for Cars 2!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

My friend sent me a picture of him wearing the Duffy hat at Epcot today, he was so excited!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Future Indy Castmember

I bought the French Outfit today and I love it!

Heres 2 pics of Duffy with the French outfit:

Note how one side of the beret goes through the ear. The hat holder ring thingy on the hats is only on one side on this hat.

The kilt will have to wait till later.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Adventures with Duffy

I like the hat from the french costume. I do like the hats more from the American line. Not sure why. If they made the American hats with the Japanese costume, then they get one amazing costume(imo)

Has any one had any problems with staining of the fur? I am worried about that and its keeping me from wanting to even use the costumes I have gotten from DCA.

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by updebrooke View Post
    Yeah, VINYLMATION!!! It won't come out until next year though! Here is a sneek peak: I wonder if these will be OPEN WINDOW vinyl or Surprise (don't know which one you are getting vinyls).
    They replied to someone asking on the blog saying it will be Open Window and not surprise The window will be where the white block is.

Someone also asked if any of the Japan stuff may come over and that was essentially a no, right now, though, things "inspired" by them may be made.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

FYI, the Duffy earhats are available at Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney at DTD at WDW. I picked up a pair yesterday (along with an Easter Duffy, a "regular" Duffy for my mom & 2 sailor suits). I spent almost $100 on Duffy swag in one fell swoop!

Thumbs up Re: New Duffy Merchandise

As of today the Duffy Store at Epcot were sold out of the Ear Hats. They said that they go fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    …I keep reading a lot of reports lately that Duffy merchandise selling out. I certainly hope its not so EBAY users can sell them on to Japan. I would love to think that Duffy is finally starting to catch on with Guests in the US Parks.
    I have the same thoughts, but I'm optimistic. It really does seem like they are more committed to his success than I first suspected. As long as they keep adding to the product lines, I feel confident Duffy is already finding his US and global audience.

Can't wait for this pin set coming out in June!!

You and me both! That pin set is so good that it almost makes me like the actual costumes more!

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I like the hat from the french costume. I do like the hats more from the American line. Not sure why…
    I have the same feeling, Janell. I think it's cos they're doing really cute/interesting things with the ear positions. That beret is MUCH cuter now that I see it has an earhole; I'd actually like to have it now! Nice one, Disney Parks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    They replied to someone asking on the blog saying it will be Open Window and not surprise The window will be where the white block is.
    That's the BEST news I've heard about Vinylmation — awesome! And I'm totally digging this package design!

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering View Post
    Someone also asked if any of the Japan stuff may come over and that was essentially a no, right now, though, things "inspired" by them may be made.
    Honestly, this gets a huge sigh of relief from me, as part of what's so special about the Japanese designs is their limited availability. The US seems to be building a completely different business model, with all non-seasonals available anytime and for an indefinite period. I imagine the Vinylmation will follow a more limited release schedule and I think it will serve them well. Really I hope they shy away from even doing outfits "inspired by" Tokyo; I'd rather see them continue innovating and being really creative with the global culture couture concept and Disney-themed designs. There's a lot to do there and it's completely different from what the Japanese team puts out. I vote for originality and diversity, and I have to admit that recently Disney Parks releases are impressing me more and more. Now if they'd just commit to top quality materials a d construction (perhaps even based in limited edition releases), I'd be truly satisfied.^^

• Wag More, Bark Less!

I have had no problems with the costumes staining Duffy's fur. I have the Canada, Germany, France, Mexico, and China outfits. I have my Duffys in all of those costumes and none of them have stained his fur. BTW, the Duffy store at Epcot is sold out of the hats still but Mouse Gear and the little shop in the back enterance between France and UK leading to the Epcot resorts have the hats.

• Banned User

Haha I thought it was funny how he said the ear hats are coming out early may when they've been out for awhile now! LOL! I can't wait for the vinylmation! It will be the one and only time I'll actually get one! And I really hope the design team really is learning their lesson. I can see some people who commented on the blog are asking for TDS stuff, and I think it's greatthat he responded the way he did. Maybe inspired by could be the construction and materials used. They are seeing more and more fans everyday, and maybe that will motivate them to go the TDS route and start creating lavishly detailed costumes! Here's hoping!

I'm super excited for this year! I feel like its going to be filled with Duffy! I'm definitely going to be picking up the French outfit when I get the chance! And like Steve said on the blog, the Duffy facebook page has a huge amount of followers! Almost 30,000!! That's ways more than the vinylmation page!!!

The bad news: I'm going to go broke! Hahahahaha jk

• ~*Princess*~

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Honestly, this gets a huge sigh of relief from me, as part of what's so special about the Japanese designs is their limited availability. The US seems to be building a completely different business model, with all non-seasonals available anytime and for an indefinite period. I imagine the Vinylmation will follow a more limited release schedule and I think it will serve them well. Really I hope they shy away from even doing outfits "inspired by" Tokyo; I'd rather see them continue innovating and being really creative with the global culture couture concept and Disney-themed designs. There's a lot to do there and it's completely different from what the Japanese team puts out. I vote for originality and diversity, and I have to admit that recently Disney Parks releases are impressing me more and more. Now if they'd just commit to top quality materials a d construction (perhaps even based in limited edition releases), I'd be truly satisfied.^^
    I think it'd be kind of nice if some of them could come to the US though--while I agree there's a lot special with them (besides overall quality and the limitedness), essentially anyone who doesn't live in Japan who really loves Duffy won't be able to get any of the outfits--either they need to try and buy them off Ebay (Which is 2x the price minimum--not even counting shipping costs) or have to use a bidding service for Yahoo!Japan which while it may appear cheaper, it ends up being just as expensive once the "wonderful" fees for the service come in. And I mean, I totally understand what you're saying, as it really is special how they do Duffy there, but I guess it would just be nice if this wasn't such an issue. All I can do is keep a list, hope I hit a good amount of money, and maybe be able to afford the items despite the huge price raise. (Obviously, it's different for the really old outfits--but I shouldn't have to spend 200-300 dollars + shipping to get my own Shellie May or an outfit currently in the stores in Japan--so even the older outfits, while I do expect them to go up, shouldn't be listed for as much as they are. Heck, Shellie May's necklace alone is about 50 dollars with shipping.)

I know you also offer to sell some here which is super nice of you! Just considering I'm such a lurker (despite how long I've been here), I haven't had courage to order anything since I still feel new in a way. @-@ Like I shouldn't.

But getting back to the subject, I personally feel bad everytime I browse through Yahoo!Japan and see all these US outfits up for overpriced with bids But I'm guessing they won't get those over there either.

They usually do stuff somewhat-Seasonal here so I do expect some of the stuff to eventually expire--they're just kind of more lenient on it.
    Last edited by Wondering; 04-09-2011 at 01:11 PM.

• Banned User

I too am excited for the years to come with Duffy and what Disney does with him. They are increasing his influence more and more. Recently at the parks I saw quite a few people with Duffy items, and when Duffy came out for a meet and greet a good amount of people flocked to him with smiles on their faces. Although while in the Duffy store I overheard a woman say "Who's Duffy?" and her daughter said "Some bear you dress up.. it's like a ripoff Build a Bear." I honestly wanted to interrupt them and explain what Duffy was really about. I guess some people just aren't getting it yet. I have faith that Disney will keep doing great things with Duffy and really get the concept out to people. Disney Parks Blog features are good for a start - lots of people read that!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Duffy is NOTHING like Build-A-Bear other than they both wear clothes. I *would* have interrupted those people and explained it to them. If they didn't care, their loss, more Duffy for the ones who do care.

Though BAB does make some really cute clothes and 90% of my Duffy's outfits came from there.

• ~*Princess*~

I find it funny when people compare things to Build a Bear just because they have different outfits to wear. You know, because Barbie never had fashion sets :P

The thing with Build a Bear was the fact that you could get your own plushie stuffed--that was the special thing about it. Not the clothes. While seeing plushies with outfit sets were kind of rare until then (Build a Bear made it popular), there WERE plushies with outfit sets before that and other dolls and things had stuff like this -way before- Build a Bear even existed.

• Banned User

That's why Duffy is so unique. He isn't a blatant ripoff of Build a Bear.

Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast