Re: New Duffy Merchandise

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrita View Post
    You live in Orlando?!!!!
    Yep-so close to WDW it is scary

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    Yep-so close to WDW it is scary
    '

I'm jealous! I would have gone over every night to see the 4th fireworks during LTM this year! We need to PM this stuff though -

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

So.... the Sulley costume is apparently sold out again at WDW. I just spent 2 days up there and checked countless shops at DHS, MK, Epcot, Yacht/Beach Club & DTD as well as the ones the costume was spotted at before. No luck. I even looked where the Monsters University merch is as well as the Duffy stuff. I'm starting to think the re-sellers know/knew this would be a "hot" item and they grabbed them all up for themselves to cash in on.

I think I officially give up trying to get my hands on it. Too exhausting trying to track down.

Aimster, I'm going on the 12th, If I see it do you want me to pick it up for you?

Duffy is coming along too!

No that's ok. I'll be back again sometime next month (haven't decided dates yet). If I happen across it, maybe I'll get it. It' not on my MUST HAVE list anymore though as I'm tired of running around like a chicken with my head cut off looking in every shop in the parks/hotels for it.

Hey guys! (I've been lurking around for a while.. but feel compelled to post now =D). I'm a cast member at Disneyland in California and I know they released the Duffy train engineer costume for him already... BUT I want to pick up the WDW version when I go for the first time in mid August as a souvenir. Is there like a specific "Duffy Store" I can go to like in California Adventure to shop at? I just feel it'd be a waste of a vacation if I didn't pick up at least a cute costume for Duffy XD! I hope they have those "first time visit" buttons in stock too. My apologies if this is the wrong place to post...

There is the Duffy store in Epcot. But I am not sure I have seen the Engineer set lately. You can also check the Once Upon a Toy Store at Downtown Disney. You can get 1st visit buttons from Guest services at any park. Some resorts even have them.

Quote Originally Posted by vivimochi View Post
    Hey guys! (I've been lurking around for a while.. but feel compelled to post now =D). I'm a cast member at Disneyland in California and I know they released the Duffy train engineer costume for him already... BUT I want to pick up the WDW version when I go for the first time in mid August as a souvenir. Is there like a specific "Duffy Store" I can go to like in California Adventure to shop at? I just feel it'd be a waste of a vacation if I didn't pick up at least a cute costume for Duffy XD! I hope they have those "first time visit" buttons in stock too. My apologies if this is the wrong place to post...
    I was just at WDW this past weekend and the train engineer costume isn't out yet. I've only seen it at Disney Store (the "generic" version, not park specific). The Disney Traders store at Epcot is the main Duffy store in that park (it's located across from his greeting gazebo... can't miss it as there's giant cutouts of Mickey & Minnie holding Duffy out front and Duffy decals all over the windows). Once Upon a Toy at Downtown Disney (Marketplace side) is the other main Duffy store at WDW (it's where the original Disney Bear debuted in 2002 as well), but there are stores in all the parks and the hotels that sell Duffy stuff as well, like the Emporium at MK, MouseGear at Epcot, World of Disney at DTD...

Since we're on the subject of the engineer costume, I just want to gush about it for a minute, if no one here minds. I really like that the white t-shirt, overalls, and bandana are separate pieces, as opposed to being all one piece with Velcro down the back. I also like that the overalls go on like regular overalls, in that the straps attach to the chest, and that the front chest pocket and rear pockets are actual pockets (although the diagonal, hip pockets are just decorations). I also liked the material; it felt "less cheap" than some of the past costumes.

I really think it's a step in the right direction.

Of course, the watch could have been real...

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    Since we're on the subject of the engineer costume, I just want to gush about it for a minute, if no one here minds. I really like that the white t-shirt, overalls, and bandana are separate pieces, as opposed to being all one piece with Velcro down the back. I also like that the overalls go on like regular overalls, in that the straps attach to the chest, and that the front chest pocket and rear pockets are actual pockets (although the diagonal, hip pockets are just decorations). I also liked the material; it felt "less cheap" than some of the past costumes.

I really think it's a step in the right direction.

Of course, the watch could have been real...
    I like how it's separates too, but the material felt really cheap to me when I saw it at one of my local Disney Stores. I was expecting the overalls to feel like denim like actual engineer overalls are. It just felt flimsy to me and all I could think of was, "I bet Build A Bear would do this way better."

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I like how it's separates too, but the material felt really cheap to me when I saw it at one of my local Disney Stores. I was expecting the overalls to feel like denim like actual engineer overalls are. It just felt flimsy to me and all I could think of was, "I bet Build A Bear would do this way better."
    I was not expecting denim, but rather that cheap, thin, Halloween costume style fabric, like the Chinese brocade outfit. I could definitely see how you would be disappointed by it. I was just happy to see that it was thicker than I had expected.

I agree with aimster AND The First Star!

The Disney Park Blog just posted a new Christmas out fit for Duffy. Very cute!! If I knew how to post the picture here I would

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

here is the new outfit.
    really cute. Although Mickey should have some pupils.