Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation For Duffy fans, TDS 10th Anniversary really will "Be Magical!"

Thanks to DLRP_bopazot, I just fell in love with the "Be Magical" theme! These wands are exactly what I needed! With the illustrations and merch, it really almost has a "more-Disney-less-Square" Kingdom Hearts vibe to me now, which is what I loved so much about the TDR 25th Dream Key. Only the Dream Key didn't actually do anything, while the wands will be able to perform "magic" and earn medallions - color me sold!^^

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    TDR started to advertise the 10th Anniversary on Brochures .

Nice Merch !

images from Disneyest Place
    OMGosh!!! - DUFFY BEAT OUT DAISY AND PLUTO!!! WOOOOOW!!! He's not on the diorama, but neither are Ariel or Genie, so I'm okay with it.^^

Aaand... Check out this video, where the little girl requests Duffy by name, along with all the other greatness of TDR! Not only am I finally truly excited about the theme - Duffy has totally arrived!!!

LINK to official Vacation Packages site.

There's also this YouTube video of Duffy and the gang having a photo shoot. Boring, but I thought you might wanna know.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-24-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: A broader-spanning thread title saved the need to make a whole new thread.^^

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: Duffy featured WITH THE MOUSES, DONALD & GOOFY for TDS 10th Anniversary "Be Magic

OMG!!!! such cute merchandise, I want it all!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Banned User

Re: Duffy featured WITH THE MOUSES, DONALD & GOOFY for TDS 10th Anniversary "Be Magic

Well I guess this confirms it! Lol I was gonna start a "Guess Duffy's first 10th anniversary costume!" thread, but we pretty much have an idea of what the first one will be! Kinda cute, I hope his comes with his own mini wand!! I hope there are more costumes celebrating the park and not just variations of the cape/hat costume! Can't wait!

• Adventures with Duffy

Wow that is cute stuff. I like the graphics they are using. Who designs all this? OLC or WDI? I'm guessing OLC.

• Banned User

An yea, it does feel very kingdom heartish, but I always got a parks vibe when I played the series. Like Disney Town, tell me they didn't go to TDL for inspiration, come on! Even Traverse Town and Twilight town seem VERY TDR to me! They must go to the parks for inspiration the similarities are very paralleled!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    An yea, it does feel very kingdom heartish, but I always got a parks vibe when I played the series. Like Disney Town, tell me they didn't go to TDL for inspiration, come on! Even Traverse Town and Twilight town seem VERY TDR to me! They must go to the parks for inspiration the similarities are very paralleled!
    I knew those levels seemed familiar!! You're right. Still hoping for a KH3 too..

"Be Magical" is looking very fun! Come on, Disney, step it up with your American parks...
    Last edited by stevo505; 02-21-2011 at 01:00 PM.

• Adventures with Duffy

I keep looking at the Mickey plush wondering if his costume would fit on Duffy? lol it sure is a cute costume. I like the detail. But of course we all do, it's TDS.

Talking Re: Duffy featured WITH THE MOUSES, DONALD & GOOFY for TDS 10th Anniversary "Be Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Wow that is cute stuff. I like the graphics they are using. Who designs all this? OLC or WDI? I'm guessing OLC.
    I wish I knew. The cell phone straps and jewelry items, as well as packaging and promotional artwork all have a very Japanese sense. So does pretty much all of the fashion items and accessories. But I'm guessing the original concept artwork is for each event is designed by WDI. Although it wouldn't surprise me if costumes were designed here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    ...Even Traverse Town and Twilight town seem VERY TDR to me! They must go to the parks for inspiration the similarities are very paralleled!
    In the past, Nomura has talked about going to the parks for inspiration. It's definitely true.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I keep looking at the Mickey plush wondering if his costume would fit on Duffy? lol it sure is a cute costume. I like the detail. But of course we all do, it's TDS.
    Ain't that the truth, Janell! But Duffy doesn't need Mickey's costume - he's got his own! Here's a photo, with all those unnecessary details edited out so we can focus on what's important:

I hope the real one comes with pants and a robe overcoat with flowing bottom - and pointy magic shoes!!! I also hope they are able to realize the shading details, sparkle effect, and the texture of the moons and stars. I the big floppy sleeves and the tubular cuffs and hem and brim! I imagine it goes without saying that it will indeed include a Duffy-sized wand (although he doesn't appear to have one in the art on the bag above). I hope (and assume) Shellie will have a "Be Magical!" set, too, and I hope Duffy's and Shellie May's wands are slightly different - how cool if they have light-up or sound effects!...but I don't think they will.

By the way, the last time I went to TDS, I saw the photo greeting queues and I have to admit that the new styles for the bears, with their rounder heads and big warm smiles have finally grown on me. I still hold a special place for Classic Duffy, but these are no longer 'gangers in my book.^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-21-2011 at 08:07 PM.

• Banned User

OMG wouldn't it be SOOOO cool if Duffy made a cameo apearance in KH3?!?!?! Ahhhh that would just tie everything in Japan together and I think everyone would just die! Maybe as a summons character? Or in Disney Town? Ahhh I'm just excited just thinking about it!

Thumbs up Re: Duffy featured WITH THE MOUSES, DONALD & GOOFY for TDS 10th Anniversary "Be Magic

I always thought as a Summons, actually. Now, though, I think it would be cute to work at his cafe as part of the training or something, and we'd get a super-cute uniform, hybrid of Sweet Duffy and Heartful Sailor! It's fun to daydream, anyway…^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for the update! I like the sorcerer designs more and more. I really like that plush Mickey, the detail is great! I sure hope Duffy gets a costume just as detailed. I like that he's included in the official artwork too. I would love it if they made a Duffy-size wand too, like they did with the 25th keys.

As for Duffy in Kingdom Hearts, I've been wishing they would do that. In Japan, it would make lots of sense to fans. In the rest of the world, it might just validate Duffy as a character to be included in such a major game franchise. It would be funny, his Japanese stardom would finally breach outside the parks and maybe get people to care more about him around the world.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I wish I knew. The cell phone straps and jewelry items, as well as packaging and promotional artwork all have a very Japanese sense. So does pretty much all of the fashion items and accessories. But I'm guessing the original concept artwork is for each event is designed by WDI. Although it wouldn't surprise me if costumes were designed here, too.

Ain't that the truth, Janell! But Duffy doesn't need Mickey's costume - he's got his own! Here's a photo, with all those unnecessary details edited out so we can focus on what's important:

I hope the real one comes with pants and a robe overcoat with flowing bottom - and pointy magic shoes!!! I also hope they are able to realize the shading details, sparkle effect, and the texture of the moons and stars. I the big floppy sleeves and the tubular cuffs and hem and brim! I imagine it goes without saying that it will indeed include a Duffy-sized wand (although he doesn't appear to have one in the art on the bag above). I hope (and assume) Shellie will have a "Be Magical!" set, too, and I hope Duffy's and Shellie May's wands are slightly different - how cool if they have light-up or sound effects!...but I don't think they will.
    I hope OLC has control over the designs. Because I think they will do a better job and I like to see them keep this up for years to come. There is so many changes going on over the next few years in the state side parks. That I don't think is a good thing for the Parks and Guest. I think its better for the higher ups and shareholders. So I hope TDR designs are done by OLC.

I too hope they do more then just a top and hat for Duffy and Shellie May. A cute pants to go with is,maybe a wide leg to go with the flowieness( yes I know that is not a word. lol) Cure shoes like you said would be wonderful and really make the costume stand out with even more detail.

A wand Duffy size would be great. I wish I had gotten the 25th ann key. At the time I didn't know how much i would fall in love with TDR and i was out of shopping money. lol

We see what we think the next costume will be or the first 10th ann costume. Do you think TDS will have two costume per month or release date? Yes I am still trying to see if they will have a rain coat. lol

Wow the Mickey is so cute! does it say something about the price?

Duffy looks cute too I hope that for Duffy is just the custume and not a plush with the clothes sewn in.

• Adventures with Duffy

I think it will be a costume and not a Duffy with the costume sewn in. Im not sure if OLC does that. I think most costumes are just costumes.

• Banned User

D'awww I want that outfit so bad for Duffy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast