Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I can't stand you.

Re: For Duffy fans, TDS 10th Anniversary will "Be Magical!" (TOKYO Merchandise Threa

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post

I wonder if the US parks' "Sorcerer's Apprentice" will look as nice as this Japan-only Disney Store version?
    Oh wow I love that lil bear! I want it!

• Felice Natale!

Re: For Duffy fans, TDS 10th Anniversary will "Be Magical!" (TOKYO Merchandise Threa

The Oriental Land Company has postponed the Tokyo DisneySEA 10th Anniversary indefinitely, so there is no way to know at this time when the new items might go on sale - or potentially whether or not all of the items will be released. I just got off the phone with Guest Relations and she couldn't tell me when "Be Magical!" might start, and also she had no idea about when we might see another Hello From Cape Cod or any other new costumes. She was able to confirm that Sweet Duffy items will no longer be on sale, though, and expects the official site to be updated soon since Tokyo DisneySEA is reopening. As far as she knows, this update will simply be removing the Sweet Duffy items, as there are no new merchandise releases on the current announced schedule.

• Banned User

The Oriental Land Company has postponed the Tokyo DisneySEA 10th Anniversary indefinitely, so there is no way to know at this time when the new items might go on sale - or potentially whether or not all of the items will be released. I just got off the phone with Guest Relations and she couldn't tell me when "Be Magical!" might start, and also she had no idea about when we might see another Hello From Cape Cod or any other new costumes. She was able to confirm that Sweet Duffy items will no longer be on sale, though, and expects the official site to be updated soon since Tokyo DisneySEA is reopening. As far as she knows, this update will simply be removing the Sweet Duffy items, as there are no new merchandise releases on the current announced schedule.
    That's a bummer about the outfits, but I think I'm more upset about the postponement of the anniversary celebration. I hope they're still planning to open Fantasmic and the rest of the anniversary entertainment.

• Felice Natale!

Fantasmic! and "Your Table is Waiting" (I think) are on, but all of the "wave" themed merchandise and park decorations are being reconceived (I think). If they're seriously throwing out and re-producing (sic) all of that merchandise, since I suspect a lot of it had already been made, this must be a VERY expensive loss. The park decorations alone must have cost a fortune to build and install, and I know for sure that a lot of that had already been well underway before 3/11.

Bummer. Did a lot of the marketing materials and products have a hard date on them instead of just "10th Anniversary"? I would think the more general items could still be reused when they do hold the celebration. At least it has just been postponed and not canceled altogether.

• Felice Natale!

I think the greater concern is not the date, but the wave element in practically all of the design. That being the case, I don't see it becoming much less of an issue over the course of the next year — or two…or more? — than it is now. That said, all of the Japanese people I've talked to seem to think "censoring" the waves is unnecessary and hyperreactive. Of course, only one of them has family from Fukushima (currently relocated and fine^^). Personally, I'm not sure what I think.

• Banned User

If they can't use them this time around, hopefully they'll be able to reuse them when another anniversary comes around, like the 15th.

• Felice Natale!

From what I heard on my followup talk with Guest Relations, the wave design may not be the problem. Perhaps it's just too soon for such a high level of festivity. She couldn't say the reason, if she even knows.

• Banned User

Awww, and I really LOVED how these costumes looked! Watch I bet you guys Duffians from Japan are already working on replicas of the pics seen in the magazine! But too bad, I understand the need to postpone the celebration. Besides the real anniversary is in Sept! It would have started REALLY early!! DLR's 50th started on 5/5/05, just 2 months before the official date and went on for a year and a half, so I always found it odd that they were going to start so early!

Understandable...and disappointing! I was bummed we weren't going to be there for the celebration and I loved the new outfits.

But...fingers crossed for news soon about a new date...!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just hope they keep the wand necklaces for Duffy & Shellie May. Those are what I want most of all the 10th merchandise.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I just hope they keep the wand necklaces for Duffy & Shellie May. Those are what I want most of all the 10th merchandise.
    Im with you on this one. My Duffy was looking forward to some bling. lol

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Im with you on this one. My Duffy was looking forward to some bling. lol
    Me, too. I still really can't believe there isn't any new Duffy merchandise for Golden Week! There must be some kind of supply problem or something; surely the kind of revenue that Duffy generates is essential right now.

I think the necklaces will still be around. The "Magical" part isn't a problem at all; we could all use some magic wands!

my duffy would love a magic wand then he could feel a little like harry potter lol!

• Banned User

Me, too. I still really can't believe there isn't any new Duffy merchandise for Golden Week! There must be some kind of supply problem or something; surely the kind of revenue that Duffy generates is essential right now.

I think the necklaces will still be around. The "Magical" part isn't a problem at all; we could all use some magic wands!
    Do you know how much the wands will sell for? I don't think an outfit is an option right now but I would love to give Duffy some Tokyo flair.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast