Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation For Duffy fans, TDS 10th Anniversary will "Be Magical!" (TOKYO Merchandise Thread)

Guest Relations says the next release date is 4/28, so hurrah for the short break before the floodgates of fluff break open!

The 28th will see not only the release of the "Be Magical!" costumes, but also other items like badges and some kind of new pendant! The CM couldn't tell me other details yet or when the official site will update, but at least now we can circle a day on our calendars!^^

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Re: For Duffy fans, TDS 10th Anniversary will "Be Magical!" (TOKYO Merchandise Threa

Thanks for finding this out, my roommate asked me today when his Duff would be getting a new outfit. He is claiming the corduroy is getting to warm for Duffy lol!!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Re: For Duffy fans, TDS 10th Anniversary will "Be Magical!" (TOKYO Merchandise Threa

Sure thing, Travis! By the way, did you see that I translated the 7 points from the "Be Magical!" announcement into English? I had a lot of auto-translate help, but it still took about two hours!^^ Check it out! (LINK)

• Munchings & Crunchings

Thanks for being "ever vigilant" with guest services, DuffyDaisuki! I'm glad they're so willing to give you details, even if they don't quite know everything themselves.

I'm excited by what you did say though. Costumes of course, badges, and a pendant? I just hope it's not as costly as Sweet Duffy or the other holidays, LOL!

Talking Re: For Duffy fans, TDS 10th Anniversary will "Be Magical!" (TOKYO Merchandise Threa

Picked up the latest DisneyFAN today and thought I'd post some photos and info. I'll try to put more about "Be Magical!" and Fantasmic! as well as Disneyland's Easter Wonderland later this week. Check out this link for where I previously posted some older merchandise photos, and be sure to watch that YouTube video where Duffy is prominently featured! Now...on with the update!^^

These are really dark cos I couldn't find my camera all day so I had to use my crappy fluorescent light. I'll try and post updates using sunshine soon, too. Let's start with the "Be Magical!" costumes because it's the part that's troubling me...

It honestly surprises and bothers me a little that there seems to be no attempt to create the two-toned deep blue shadow effect on the brim of the hat or the hem of the shirt!!! (See? On the very rare occassion that OLC disappoints me, I'll be the first to say so!) Even just doing the whole hem a solid deeper blue would have added more interest in my opinion. I imagine that kind of shaded airbrushing would have really ramped up the price, but I might just try to add some detail myself when I get it.

Still, the material looks super duper soft and snuggly, and the blue base color is great! I even prefer the applique moon and starburst designs on the plush costumes to the walkaround mascot's - the quality is that good!!!^^

Shellie May looks cute, too, and I like that she has a heart in place of Duffy's moon. I'm glad her skirt is purple; I was expecting an all pink one-piece dress, so this is a pleasant surprise.

Having new plushy shoes for both bears is also a nice bonus, and the designs are more flexible than I thought they would be, plus they used both the paw print and 10th insignias - great! I also that they point out that "Duffy fan's should check out the merch that uses the main artwork this time!"

Now let's move to two products I expected, but the real versions turned out phenomenally more impressive than I'd imagined - the Wand Pendants! I don't have a lot to say about these, since I think the photos speak for themselves.

I'll just add that with the red in the necklace, I think this robe soon-to-be-released as part of the Disney Unibearsity line would really complete the look, and add to the Fantasmic! celebration!

I wonder if the US parks' "Sorcerer's Apprentice" will look as nice as this Japan-only Disney Store version?

Getting back to "Be Magical!" wands, here's a sneak peek at the "You're/Your Magical Wand" that will be the original, ordermade goods for the 10th Anniversary event. First up, the Cylinders come in six combos: Antique Gold/Black, Antique Silver/Black, Gold/Blue, Gold/Pink, Silver/Blue, Silver/Pink.

The Base Wands come in four colors: Gold, Silver, Antique Gold, Antique Silver.

These colors will be much clearer once the official site is updated.

In the central ring, you can choose from ten Charm designs (10, Clover, Heart, Shell, Flower, Bow, Crown, Star, Anchor, Padlock???) or any of the 26 letters of the alphabet (A~Z). These are all only shown in gold, but I wonder if silver will also be an option?

Finally, you can choose a "Character Hand" to attach to Your Magical Wand. Options are Genie, Mickey or Minnie.

There's more to post, but it's half past 4am and I've already veered away from the pure Duffy stuff. This should be enough to whet everyone's appetite and give you some photo and pricing info to start planning with. Since this magazine was released just a few days ago and it still contains 4/28 release dates, I'm still planning Duffy Post on 5/9 as announced earlier. Of course, now that the parks have been closed for so long, crowds are likely to be extreme any day the Resort is open, so careful lists with no changes and patience will be much appreciated.

For the "You're/Your Magical Wand" especially, I'm happy to get it for folks, but the line for original ordermade goods is always very difficult; please plan ahead if you're interested in this item.
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 04-17-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Thanks for the update, DuffyDaisuki! So glad to see you back on here

I LOVE the merchandise....the outfits, wands, and plush badges are adorable!! I'm so excited for the next Duffy Post!! More Duffy Love

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum

I keep forgetting to post about the Disney Unibearsity backpack plush carriers:

From the Disney Store official site

• Adventures with Duffy

Hey DuffyD, glad to see you back on the boards.

Cute items. I like the necklaces.

Those backpack plushes are really cute. Do they hold a 17" Duffy?

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

• ~*Princess*~

Shellie May's outfit is soooo cute. I don't think the purple matches too well though--I think if they really wanted it to be a different color, they could've done gold. Though, since there's purple on the pendant it may look better in person. Both pendants are also really nice <3

I wish this much effort was put in the US outfit releases

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Will the Disney Store UniBearsity outfit fit our Duffy's?

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Adventures with Duffy

I was wondering the same thing. I love Mickey as Saucer Apprentice and Im not liking the one from that will be sold at DCA and Epcot. Im not willing to try it if there is any thoughts that it might mess up Duffy fur. I guess i could buy a new Duffy have him ware it. I know I will get attached to him too and will be very upset if his fur gets stained. So that wont work. lol

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Mayor drool

Does the Duffy and Shellie comes in set with the customes or they are going to be sold apart?

The details on the wands are neat!

Huh what is the unibearsity stuff?

Hi Everyone,

I am a huge Duffy/ShellieMay fan from The United States and I am so excited to find all of you on this site. I am hoping to be able to buy my Duffy items from Duffy Daisuki but I need some help. Can you tell me where I can find a listing of what items I may be able to place on my shopping list?
    I have looked all over the Disney Tokyo Sea web-site and I cannot find any products listed. I looked at Disney Fan magazine on line too but nothing is in English so I cannot read it. Can you telll me where you find your items to list for Duffy Daisuki, how do I find their item numbers and the cost? Any help anyone can give me would be so helpful. Today I will research the money exchange.
    Duffy Daisuki- thank you so much for making your service available to us all. I am hoping Duffy fans will grow here in the US as well. I will like to place an order with you so let me know my next step.

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxmama View Post
    ...Can you tell me where I can find a listing of what items I may be able to place on my shopping list?
    Welcome, redsoxmama! When there are new seasonal releases, I will create a thread as has already been done for "Be Magical!" Once official pricing information and item details are announced on the official site, I will create a price list in that thread. To see the items and prices, Wish Listers should check out the official site. To confirm pricing information and English names, Wish Listers should check the thread.

Here, you can see how it was done for Sweet Duffy a couple months ago. Explore this thread and I think it'll be clear how it all works.^^

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxmama View Post
    I have looked all over the Disney Tokyo Sea web-site and I cannot find any products listed. I looked at Disney Fan magazine on line too but nothing is in English so I cannot read it...
    Yeah, you can't really browse most of DisneyFAN magazine online, so that won't help. And the product information on the Tokyo DisneySEA official site is only in Japanese. That's okay though, because the photos are great and you have to pay in yen anyway. The only thing is that you'll need to know how to write names of items in English. That list will be available here in this thread as soon as the official Japanese site is updated. You'll use a combination of English list here and photos in the グッズ/Goods section on the official Duffy site to make your Wish List!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Will the Disney Store UniBearsity outfit fit our Duffy's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...
    Sorry guys. Yes, I think the Unibearsity stuff should fit Duffy. I haven't tried it since they haven't released yet, but it looks the same size to me.^^

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast