Thread: Duffy Meet-Up

• Future Indy Castmember

Duffy Meet-Up

I remembered someone proposing some sort of Duffy meet up where we could meet up and bring our duffys and hang out. Since we now have own fan club name on MC, I figured an inagural meet up should take place to get it rolling after 2 months of establishing a Duffy section on MC.

So i'm ready to organize the first Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics club meet up if any are interested.

So let me know and i'll start planning it!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Duffy Meet-Up

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I remembered someone proposing some sort of Duffy meet up where we could meet up and bring our duffys and hang out. Since we now have own fan club name on MC, I figured an inagural meet up should take place to get it rolling after 2 months of establishing a Duffy section on MC.

So i'm ready to organize the first Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics club meet up if any are interested.

So let me know and i'll start planning it!
    You are a true Duffeteer, Forbidden Eye. I had been planning on creating this much sooner, but waited a while and then recently just decided to go ahead and do it. Here are two "rough sketches" as concepts for the Duffeteer STARs logo. Neither is perfectly polished, but you can get the two concepts. They both have the 8-pointed star that is the Compass Rose at their heart.

Wish I could be at the meet-up!^^

*Uh Oh! This image was eaten by a terrible dragon!*
    Duffy Brings Love to the World

*...And she got this one, too!*
    Duffeteer Code: Love for All, and All for Love
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-06-2011 at 09:54 PM.

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Duffy Meet-Up

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    You are a true Duffeteer, Forbidden Eye. I had been planning on creating this much sooner, but waited a while and then recently just decided to go ahead and do it. Here are two "rough sketches" as concepts for the Duffeteer STARs logo. Neither is perfectly polished, but you can get the two concepts. They both have the 8-pointed star that is the Compass Rose at their heart.

Wish I could be at the meet-up!^^

Duffy Brings Love to the World

Duffeteer Code: Love for All, and All for Love
    I love both of them!

I'm still in the planning phases but it will be on a weekend (likley Saturday) in order to make it easier for those that might have school on the weekdays (like myself with my college classes).

And I will likley put in a World of Color dinner to top off the inagural meet!

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

iPhone4 resolution is TOO good! I was in a rush on my PC at home and thought I could erase quickly with just a transparent background. Oops! I'll clean it up later!^^

• Adventures with Duffy

OMG those are so cute. I like them both. You are good with a graphics program. Wish I was good at it. lol would you mind if I used your graphics and made something on zazzle.com? I was thinking of a button or mug.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Would you mind if I used your graphics and made something on zazzle.com? I was thinking of a button or mug.
    Thanks, Janell! Can you give me some time? These are not final versions. I'll put up the finished ones later. I just wanted to support The Forbidden Eye. He's right. We've had two months to get organized and it seemed time to have an official insignia. I had been planning it for a while, but got distracted with the Duffy Post. Both are part of a larger goal to excite fans about Duffy as a character who potentially represents the very best of Disney, and channel that energy into actualizing the potential.

I see the "Love Medallion" as our organization logo and the "Duffeteer STAR" as an individual's mark of membership. I've been thinking about a group like the D☆STARs for years, and I want it to be perfect.

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks, Janell! Can you give me some time? These are not final versions. I'll put up the finished ones later. I just wanted to support The Forbidden Eye. He's right. We've had two months to get organized and it seemed time to have an official insignia. I had been planning it for a while, but got distracted with the Duffy Post. Both are part of a larger goal to excite fans about Duffy as a character who potentially represents the very best of Disney, and channel that energy into actualizing the potential.

I see the "Love Medallion" as our organization logo and the "Duffeteer STAR" as an individual's mark of membership. I've been thinking about a group like the D☆STARs for years, and I want it to be perfect.
    Oh wow, those aren't done? They look great to me. Of course I'll wait. Thank you for all your hard work. I like your ideas for the logos. You have done a great job.

• Future Indy Castmember

Can't wait for the final versions. I haven't announced a date yet so that'll give you time until i decide on a date for the first meet-up.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Cute.

Wish I could come to a Duffy meet-up, but since I'm in Florida, that won't be happening any time soon. I'm not even planning on going to any WDW parks until at least 2012 or 2013. I got my 2 year AP to Busch Gardens to keep me busy.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Cute.

Wish I could come to a Duffy meet-up, but since I'm in Florida, that won't be happening any time soon. I'm not even planning on going to any WDW parks until at least 2012 or 2013. I got my 2 year AP to Busch Gardens to keep me busy.
    Thats alright. I encourage others to organize a Duffeteer meet in TDS and WDW. That way, no one feels left out of a meet here in SoCal and it'll help spread Duffy's love faster. They don't even have to be on MC.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Banned User

I am going to hope that the days of our two next trips this year fall on the day of the meet!

• Banned User

As much as I would like to do a meet, I gotta protect my identity! I'll be there in spirit!

DuffyD! I had some ideas for a logo also, but it never made it past concept sketch! I got caught up with work and school! But I'll let you design it! This seems to be your baby and you whats right for the logo! I never even thought about an 8 pointed star! I was thinking 5 pointed but that's just too tacky! Love your designs!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I encourage others to organize a Duffeteer meet in TDS…
    The thing is, pretty much everywhere you go in Tokyo these days is a Duffy meet, so it's not really necessary. Duffy is literally as big as Mickey in the Disney community, and still growing in the mainstream. I often wish I could take pictures of my daily Duffy sightings, but I think people wouldn't like it. And it would literally be constant. It probably really is hard to imagine; we should have an international D☆STARs Cuddle Huddle in Tokyo for the TDS 10th; then you can see for yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    As much as I would like to do a meet, I gotta protect my identity! I'll be there in spirit!
    So cool! You're like a superhero, or our secret double agent on the inside!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    DuffyD! …Love your designs!
    Thanks, FutureImagineer! I hope every Duffeteer s D☆STARs like it's their "baby," but I do have some ideas.^^ Some of them involve you getting that new sewing machine we've heard so much about…it's time for the fan-made fashions to start rolling out! That is a major need that I can't work on at all!

• Future Indy Castmember

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while. The meet will occur sometime this summer after TLM opens.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Disney Boi

ii fell in love with duffy and every time i see him i want a pic i even have his autograph...but when it comes to buying a duffy plush my fiance says no that i have enough disney plushes....but my deam it to one one duffy plus lol
    Disneyland trips 03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11
    Walt Disney World first trip December 11th-18th