• Munchings & Crunchings

"My Friend Duffy" official show soundtrack release

For those of you who like the Duffy show at Cape Cod Cook-Off in Tokyo DisneySea, they are finally releasing the official soundtrack to the show on March 15th.

CD | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

The CD comes in a case that looks like one of the storybooks, and has both segments of the show. I'm not sure if all of the dialog is included, but since the show is so dialog heavy, I don't know how they can not include it...

In addition to the show CD, there are two new postcard sets also for sale on March 15th. They are postcards with the artwork from the new Duffy & Shellie May storybook, as well as the Valentines & White Day artwork.

????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

8 postcards in each set, contained in a cardboard envelope to hold them. If you want this artwork, it's a great way to get it outside of the storybooks.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: "My Friend Duffy" official show soundtrack release

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...In addition to the show CD, there are two new postcard sets also for sale on March 15th. They are postcards with the artwork from the new Duffy & Shellie May storybook, as well as the Valentines & White Day artwork.

????????? | ??? | ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

8 postcards in each set, contained in a cardboard envelope to hold them. If you want this artwork, it's a great way to get it outside of the storybooks.
    I really wish My Friend Duffy would grow on me cos I hate hating it, but I really do just totally despise it... Maybe I'll put the soundtrack on my iPhone and try brainwashing myself.

The Sweet Duffy ones are nice, but it's really the same art from the storybook anyway. The Duffy and Shellie May postcards are absolutely must-haves, though, because they showcase double-page layouts with no seam and no text! I had actually been hoping for this! Thanks for the scoop!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: "My Friend Duffy" official show soundtrack release

Yeah, I have to say, I don't like "My Friend Duffy" that much either; however the "D-U-F-F-Y" song is kind of an earworm and I grew to kind of...like it. We'll see how I feel about it after putting it on my iPod...

The postcards are nice, especially the Duffy & Shellie ones. I want to say that the Sweet Duffy ones were also released last year, am I right?

• Future Indy Castmember

Yeah, I have to say, I don't like "My Friend Duffy" that much either; however the "D-U-F-F-Y" song is kind of an earworm and I grew to kind of...like it. We'll see how I feel about it after putting it on my iPod...

The postcards are nice, especially the Duffy & Shellie ones. I want to say that the Sweet Duffy ones were also released last year, am I right?
    I heard an English version of that song on a Youtube video covering Duffy's first day at WDW. I think that video was from Attraction Magazines.

I kind of like it, but it sounds like a theme you would here in a japanese anime kids show.

Even if the states don't have this show, the CD could help with Duffy here at the least.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

...the "D-U-F-F-Y" song is kind of an earworm...
    That might be my least favorite part, though it all grates my nerves. And, yes, the Sweet Duffy postcards are a re-release.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    ...I kind of like it, but it sounds like a theme you would here in a japanese anime kids show...
    I think that's definitely what they were going for, and so in that they have been successful. Also, the show seems popular with guests, so it's just my taste that's the problem - they did connect with the audience. It just really feels, especially since there is the English version, like this was one of the first projects representing the US taking over Duffy from Japan. Of course, I have no idea whether this is actually true, but it feels dumbed down to me, compared with the "Bear of Happiness & Luck" storybook and what seemed to be an imagining of Duffy as a capable, magical adventurer in his own right. This whole "Duffy as helpless baby" thing doesn't feel like what OLC was doing with Duffy back when it seemed like Disney had just kinda given the Disney Bear to them because they didn't know how to make the concept profitable. Now that it is, they seem to be trying to make it their own, which they still don't know how to do.

• Banned User

Duffy! D-u-f-f-y Duffy! D-u-f-f-y Duffy! D-u-f-f-y My friend Duffy! Oh how I love that song.