Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Duffy is so fluffing awesome that he needs a BRAND NEW greeting spot!^^

From yesterday's OLC press release, Duffy's "Village Greeting Place" will open in Cape Cod this summer, on July 8. I have been told that part of this decision is to move Duffy's greeting away from Tower of Terror and Broadway Theater (where it makes no sense) and into Cape Cod where it belongs. Now if they'd just get Duffy out of The Sleepy Whale, I'd be 5x5.^^

Apparently, there will be a new building, with Duffy-themed items to see and touch. Guess OLC didn't wanna get shown up by "Duffy's Landing." And, of course, you can get your photo op and print with stickers. I haven't confirmed yet if this place will have Duffy and Shellie together, but I really hope so! Too bad they didn't go with the "Every Duffy..." concept; they could just put Duffy all over the park and folks wouldn't have to wait in line! I'm glad I got my photo back in 2008, cos it is just too crazy now!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Duffy is so fluffing awesome that he needs a BRAND NEW greeting spot!^^

This sounds like a great idea! I have no clue why they even put that greeting gazebo by Tower of Terror, it was so out-of-place for Duffy. Sure, they sell him at McDuck's, but Cape Cod is Duffy's home...so why would he not be there? Or, at the very least have a greeting by the S.S. Columbia...

Anyway, I'm happy to hear Duffy is allowed back home and I also hope they have him and Shellie May doing greetings together. It's kind of sad they separate them right now. I realize that's probably for better crowd control, but how cute would it be to get a picture with both of them at the same time?

I'm looking forward to seeing what the final building looks like.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

The next Shopping Day will be July 10 at the latest. Even if there are no new Duffy or "Be Magical!" items, I will go to see the new "Village Greeting Place."

• ~*Princess*~

I hope you'll take lots of pictures =D Maybe I can convince my mom to possibly buy me some stuff for my birthday (considering it's the 18th of July) then! XD

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Can't wait to see photos of the new greeting location! It sounds cute!

I feel kind of lucky I got to get my photo with Duffy BEFORE he was Duffy. I met him a couple times at WDW when he was still just "Disney Bear" (and NAKED ) before he was relaunched in Japan with his current name.

Quote Originally Posted by JapanFan View Post
    Probably. She said it would be around Cape Cod. You just inspired TWO new threads!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Well, it looks like the new greeting spot has opened. Here are some pictures of it.

http://www.deepdisney.com/photo/20110703.html

It looks very well done. What was this cannery building before? I can't remember what it was used fore previously. Anyway, of all of Duffy's greeting spots around the world, I think this one is the best. I love the little details. The "authentic" pictures of turn-of-the-century people carrying Duffy around are a classy touch. Oh, and the "Friends of Duffy Costume Parade" is so cute. I want those costumes!

This photo spot is MUCH better thematically than the gazebo over by Tower of Terror. At least this is still themed to Cape Cod, and even gives a bit of "history" of the actual area. Of course with added Disney characters and stories. I wish I could read the guest book entries by the Disney characters...the picture is too far away.

Very nicely done!

Thumbs up Re: Duffy is so fluffing awesome that he needs a BRAND NEW greeting spot!^^

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Well, it looks like the new greeting spot has opened. Here are some pictures of it.

http://www.deepdisney.com/photo/20110703.html

It looks very well done. What was this cannery building before? I can't remember what it was used fore previously. Anyway, of all of Duffy's greeting spots around the world, I think this one is the best. I love the little details. The "authentic" pictures of turn-of-the-century people carrying Duffy around are a classy touch. Oh, and the "Friends of Duffy Costume Parade" is so cute. I want those costumes!

This photo spot is MUCH better thematically than the gazebo over by Tower of Terror. At least this is still themed to Cape Cod, and even gives a bit of "history" of the actual area. Of course with added Disney characters and stories. I wish I could read the guest book entries by the Disney characters...the picture is too far away.
    I think the Transit Steamer queue was just longer and they allocated some of that space...and maybe that final building had actually been just an "atmosphere prop" or storage or something until now...I can't really remember, either.

It's really great that there's an real, working dock right beside the Duffy greeting, and that it's actually in Cape Cod!^^ The theming is excellent, and the way it does add history to the area really feels like it has turned Cape Cod into an arguable eighth Port, complete with its own dock. Combined with the Storybooks, this is actually one of the most immersive Disney experiences on the planet, I think and it's ALL about Duffy! The entire area itself is a Duffy attraction.

PLUS...they finally made a Duffy silhouette cutting!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I noticed those! VERY cute!

• Loves Mickey!

Hey Gurgi! It's so hot I haven't really been carrying my SLR to the parks but will start bringing it again for the summer events. If you like I can take some photo's of the message book close up next time. I added some photo's of the area on my blog a few days ago but maybe similar to your link. The way they used the space from the unused side of the queue is really nice!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by ichigopara View Post
    Hey Gurgi! It's so hot I haven't really been carrying my SLR to the parks but will start bringing it again for the summer events. If you like I can take some photo's of the message book close up next time. I added some photo's of the area on my blog a few days ago but maybe similar to your link. The way they used the space from the unused side of the queue is really nice!
    Oh, that would be awesome, thank you! I love seeing all of the little details.

---------- Post added 07-07-2011 at 11:05 AM ----------

I think the Transit Steamer queue was just longer and they allocated some of that space...and maybe that final building had actually been just an "atmosphere prop" or storage or something until now...I can't really remember, either.
    Well, what a great use of an underutilized building then! That's the amazing thing about TDS, there are buildings and props just there for show...not really being used. So much detail!

It's really great that there's an real, working dock right beside the Duffy greeting, and that it's actually in Cape Cod!^^ The theming is excellent, and the way it does add history to the area really feels like it has turned Cape Cod into an arguable eighth Port, complete with its own dock. Combined with the Storybooks, this is actually one of the most immersive Disney experiences on the planet, I think and it's ALL about Duffy! The entire area itself is a Duffy attraction.
    Yes! Especially with a store devoted to him, his own stage show, and now a dedicated meet-n-greet, Cape Cod truly is Duffy's home. If they ever created a Duffy attraction there, it would make it complete. A Duffy land would be so cute! The fact that it's not overly cartoony is amazing too. They are keeping all of the decor and details very grounded in authenticity to the actual Cape Cod, while at the same time, adding Duffy everywhere. I think if this was done in the US, they might make it more like a Duffy version of ToonTown. Although, the DCA greeting spot is fairly "adult" in it's nautical detail.

I noticed those and wanted a string of them for myself! I would kill to be able to get these decorations for my house. I think they are always so adorable. The past Sweet Duffy, Halloween, and Christmas decorations have all been so well done, I wished I could own them.

Wow the new greeting spot looks amazing! I love that "period photo" of the couple holding Duffy. Thank you for sharing!

This photo spot is MUCH better thematically than the gazebo over by Tower of Terror. At least this is still themed to Cape Cod, and even gives a bit of "history" of the actual area.
    True, although one of my favorite TDS photos is Duffy coming towards us, being led by his handler, waving at the camera as he walked to the gazebo.

He was leading a parade of people behind him. *G*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast